• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gonna go out on a limb and say that if that capcom announcement was anything big, it wouldn't just be advertised through capcom UK

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't even like these games and I know that Breath of the Wild should be doing better than Twilight Princess.

I'm not saying we should stack the deck, I want this to be as genuine as possible. But... really?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I didn't finish Twilight Princess but it was fun from what I played, plus it looks nice and has Skull Kid (albeit he almost looks like the Moon traded faces with him, but his design is still cool tbh).

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
With the LoZ poll, I voted Breath of the Wild. That said, I can never truly pick a favorite in this series. I honestly love every game I've played from it and have a hard time claiming "oh, this is my all-time favorite in the series!"

Otherwise I'd vote OoT/MM/WW/TP/SS/BOTW/ALBW

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I had to proctor an exam this morning which required me to simply sit and basically do nothing.

So instead of doing nothing, I doodled. I doodled a Jill Valentine moveset. Everything, well except for the perfect shield animation. Just kinda...brain dumped it.

I’m thinking about coloring it in, and then i’ll share it on here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I had to proctor an exam this morning which required me to simply sit and basically do nothing.

So instead of doing nothing, I doodled. I doodled a Jill Valentine moveset. Everything, well except for the perfect shield animation. Just kinda...brain dumped it.

Please share. I must see.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
OoT is like top 3 but redoes a few too many storybeats from Alttp from my liking - still ****ing love that game though

I can think of a particular user who'd love to see it :^)

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
On a side note, the more I look into Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, the more I'm confused it's reception was so mixed. The game's dialogue has legit hilarious moments, and the OST is some of the best in the series. The game looks like Color Splash, but with an actually good battle system.
The locale/lack of any new enemies (literally everything is reused) or interesting/unique NPCs outside of the main cast, as well as the forgettable story and failure to live up to the hype as a "return to form" for either series (an unreasonable standard to begin with, but that's what happens with crossovers) leave it as polarizing and not worth more than a single playthrough in most fans' eyes. I say all of this having loved the game (even in spite of not having finished Dream Team).

gonna go out on a limb and say that if that capcom announcement was anything big, it wouldn't just be advertised through capcom UK
It's also on Capcom USA's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/6938264959/posts/10151046899504960/?sfnsn=mo

Doesn't mean anything, but also doesn't mean the lack of anything means anything.

D

Deleted member

paging staindgrey staindgrey

Iridium

Smash Hero
With the LoZ poll, I voted Breath of the Wild. That said, I can never truly pick a favorite in this series. I honestly love every game I've played from it and have a hard time claiming "oh, this is my all-time favorite in the series!"

Otherwise I'd vote OoT/MM/WW/TP/SS/BOTW/ALBW
Same dilemma, but I chose ALttP, and I might be the only one to.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I don't even like these games and I know that Breath of the Wild should be doing better than Twilight Princess.

I'm not saying we should stack the deck, I want this to be as genuine as possible. But... really?
Huh? What do you mean? Twilight Princess is an easy pick for best Zelda game to many, and I'd agree. If you like the OoT style of game, it executes that well and has some fun dungeons to boot.

D

Deleted member

I didn't finish Twilight Princess but it was fun from what I played, plus it looks nice and has Skull Kid (albeit he almost looks like the Moon traded faces with him, but his design is still cool tbh).
Aren't you talking about Majora's Mask? Skull Kid didn't appear in Twilight Princess from what I remember, unless its a minor cameo.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it.

EDIT: Also do it in the Jill support thread. I really need to remember to go there more often.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Aren't you talking about Majora's Mask? Skull Kid didn't appear in Twilight Princess, unless its a minor cameo.
He's like a mini-boss or whatever in TP's Lost Woods, summoning puppets while playing Saria's Song through a trumpet. It's probably not the same Skull Kid but he seems related somehow at least.

Last edited:

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I mean yeah but.... Breath of the Wild. Like, I thought that game was special or something.
It's special insofar as it totally upended the Zelda concept we had known. While that's amazing (and why I love it so much), the sacrifices made to achieve this cost some fan-favorite elements of the series, so many people weren't too happy with that.

It's all dependent on what you want from a Zelda game, and what kind of games you like. :drshrug:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Y I K E S. Lots of interest.

Fair warning, i’m not much of an artist. As I said, i’ll color some in and post pics. Might be a bit sloppy. Took up like 2 pieces of paper, both sides, and I drew it all with a pencil.

It’s going to be a bit though. I am still at work, and there’s an exam taking place in my classroom, and I really don’t want to be that guy and go in to get some colored pencils.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm the only person who voted for Zelda 1 in the poll, huh? Eh, guess that's not surprising. I really do love that game, though, it's just full of so much good game design.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Goddammit, I hate dash grabs in this game.

Ganondorf does his classic random volcano kick, I run in there and dash grab and apparently despite my hand practically TICKLING Ganondorf's crotch, I miss at point blank while my character just slides into him and eats the full volcano kick to the face.

I voted BOTW because that's the only one i've played :drshrug:
Noi, you really oughta play some other entries man. There's a reason there's such a huge following for that series.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Had to remove a word there, but I appreciate the sentiment :^)

Not surprising; anyone who mains ROB has good taste
Hey, it WAS my greatest game of all time until NieR: Automata, which I love for exactly the same reasons as Majora's Mask, so you'll have no complaints from me. ROB mains unite.

D

Deleted member

The locale/lack of any new enemies (literally everything is reused) or interesting/unique NPCs outside of the main cast, as well as the forgettable story and failure to live up to the hype as a "return to form" for either series (an unreasonable standard to begin with, but that's what happens with crossovers) leave it as polarizing and not worth more than a single playthrough in most fans' eyes. I say all of this having loved the game (even in spite of not having finished Dream Team).
Aw, that's a shame. People thought M&L needed a return to form? I though Dream Team was a great follow-up to BiS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom