• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright I'm gonna leave the best Wario game poll up for the next half-hour. It's been up all night, so this is the last call for votes before I call the winner. Link is in my signature.

D

Deleted member

I used to get pop up ads some years ago but I eventually stopped getting them altogether so I think they might be targeted at certain users.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm still very upset Wario Land has zero remixes in Smash.
There isn't Wario Land anything besides some of Wario's moves lol
I'd be content with a stage or even an assist trophy, but I guess that's not gonna happen unless Nintendo decides to revive the Land games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd be content with a stage or even an assist trophy, but I guess that's not gonna happen unless Nintendo decides to revive the Land games.
Mr. Wunderwaft, has your voice been heard in the Best Wario Game Poll?

Also, Captain Syrup should have been an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

*cough*spirits*cough*

D

Deleted member

I'm still hoping for the day Wario gets his own "DKC Returns" game, so to speak. Something to bring him back on Nintendo's radar outside of Wario Ware.

And a Wario & Waluigi RPG. That idea's been staring them in the face for years now, I'm still floored they haven't done it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If the Shadow Moses stage spoiled MGS4, it was in a subtle way - Shadow Moses hadn't even been announced as returning in MGS4 when the Smash Bros. stage was made, (the announcement video for that reveal included Smash footage) and the inclusion of other Metal Gears could easily be seen as a fun easter egg, or a way to add some variety to the background.

There's a big difference between that and including the final area of a lengthy RPG as a Smash Bros. stage (I haven't finished Persona 5 yet, so I don't know the stage or its significance) - Smash tends to lean towards early game material with its third party stages (Cloud got Midgar, the first area in FF7; all of Sonic's stages have been intro stages), with Mega Man being the only exception that I can think of.
I can't believe you forgot Pac-Land having endgame spoilers for Pac-Land.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just keep reporting the popup/redirect ads to forum support, is all I can say on those. The more reports we get on them, the easier it is to track down the exact source of them and get them removed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm still hoping for the day Wario gets his own "DKC Returns" game, so to speak. Something to bring him back on Nintendo's radar outside of Wario Ware.

And a Wario & Waluigi RPG. That idea's been staring them in the face for years now, I'm still floored they haven't done it.
New Super Wario Bros. I still say this needs to happen.

D

Deleted member

On a side note, the more I look into Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, the more I'm confused it's reception was so mixed. The game's dialogue has legit hilarious moments, and the OST is some of the best in the series. The game looks like Color Splash, but with an actually good battle system.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If the Shadow Moses stage spoiled MGS4, it was in a subtle way - Shadow Moses hadn't even been announced as returning in MGS4 when the Smash Bros. stage was made, (the announcement video for that reveal included Smash footage) and the inclusion of other Metal Gears could easily be seen as a fun easter egg, or a way to add some variety to the background.

There's a big difference between that and including the final area of a lengthy RPG as a Smash Bros. stage (I haven't finished Persona 5 yet, so I don't know the stage or its significance) - Smash tends to lean towards early game material with its third party stages (Cloud got Midgar, the first area in FF7; all of Sonic's stages have been intro stages), with Mega Man being the only exception that I can think of.
And the only reason Wily Castle isn't a spoiler is because you visit it in every single Mega Man game. It's less of a spoiler than the fact that Sheik is Zelda.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright I'm gonna leave the best Wario game poll up for the next half-hour. It's been up all night, so this is the last call for votes before I call the winner. Link is in my signature.
No, he's not - Joker, Erdrick, Yuri Lowell, Crash, Banjo, and Kazooie are in your signature, but Link's nowhere to be seen.

Jokes aside, I voted in the poll. Admittedly, I'm heavily biased in favour of one of the games (not sure if I need to say which one, or if the results are meant to be anonymous), since it was one of the first games that I played. However, Wario Land: Shake It and Wario World are close runner-ups.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Re: Wario Land, wasn't there that graphic in one of the directs that had the names of all the series and it had Wario Ware but no Land? That's pretty accurate regarding how little representation it gets in Smash

D

Deleted member

On a side note, the more I look into Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, the more I'm confused it's reception was so mixed. The game's dialogue has legit hilarious moments, and the OST is some of the best in the series. The game looks like Color Splash, but with an actually good battle system.
I think its due to people feeling the Paper Mario series being shafted again.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
*cough*spirits*cough*
No offense but Spirits are glorified Brawl stickers. I get it's an acknowledgement but it's not really a good enough representation for a series of platformers that were mega hits on the game boy and kick started the adventure of our lovable Wario.

D

Deleted member

I misread this as Pac-Land having spoilers for Avengers Endgame.
Pac-Man eats Thanos's left hand, consuming the gauntlet and fusing with it as he digests the Infinity Stones and, in the process, becomes ome with the universe itself.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, he's not - Joker, Erdrick, Yuri Lowell, Crash, Banjo, and Kazooie are in your signature, but Link's nowhere to be seen.

Jokes aside, I voted in the poll. Admittedly, I'm heavily biased in favour of one of the games (not sure if I need to say which one, or if the results are meant to be anonymous), since it was one of the first ones that I played. However, Wario Land: Shake It and Wario World are close runner-ups.
It's not supposed to be anonymous. If anything, I like it when people argue the game they're voting for in the forum. It keeps the discussion alive.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wario Land 3 is genuinely one of the greatest platformers of all time and it is criminal how overlooked it is in that discussion.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
It might be because Paper Jam pulled a Sticker Star, and removed all the unique NPCs and had a more generic plot. I've never played it, but I'm sure gameplay and humor is up to snuff.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Mr. Wunderwaft, has your voice been heard in the Best Wario Game Poll?

Also, Captain Syrup should have been an Assist Trophy.
I voted in the poll.
My vote went for Wario Land 4, in my opinion it's the peak of Wario games and one of my favorite GBA titles.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's not supposed to be anonymous. If anything, I like it when people argue the game they're voting for in the forum. It keeps the discussion alive.
Oh, okay. In that case, I voted for Wario Land 2. The fact that Wario was literally invincible made it much more accessible to me at a young age than something like Super Mario World, and I enjoyed that the story and levels branched wildly based on your decisions (even if one decision was to have Wario sleep for an entire level). Plus it was always entertaining to see what the game would have Wario turn into, and how those transformations could be used to solve puzzles.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It might be because Paper Jam pulled a Sticker Star, and removed all the unique NPCs and had a more generic plot. I've never played it, but I'm sure gameplay and humor is up to snuff.
Pretty much - the gameplay itself is solid (the battles are fun and there are a lot of much needed QoL changes) but the story is kind of nothing, there aren't any new characters and it all feels like it's playing it very safe

Still, different from Sticker Star which also butchered the gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom