• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I wonder what the Bowsette scene is lookin like since shes basically a dead relic. She was really designed for one sole purpose, so I wonder what I'll find and what's new.

Never thought I'd see the day someone's own artisitic depiction of Bowsette getting rammed by a dolphin. Not a humanoid dolphin or a magical Mario-character lookin' dolphin like Dorrie, just a real-life dolphin.

This is very real.

First page on Pahael, I could not make this up if I tried.
We truly live in a dystopia.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 208571

Whoa now champ, we can't get TOO creative. What's next, Incineroar not being leakbait?
All the insiders that were die hard Tony the Tiger are now die hard erdrick.

Sakurai’s been putting forth those 2000 iq plays because we will learn that Incenroar was used as bait, bait to fool people into thinking erdrick was coming.

The plot twist we really never saw coming!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You played a turn based JRPG from one of the most convoluted Series in video game history that came out in 1997 and you're saying **** all RPGs? That seems closed minded.

Your loss though, not mine.
I don’t like the staples of the genre. How is that closed minded. The things I don’t like about the game are the very things that make it a Turn-Based RPG

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
imagejpg_df538958-a6e9-429f-8655-9c49a0f8aafa_640x640.jpg

Zinith Zinith It's here... The shirt that was spoken of in prophecy...

D

Deleted member

Popular theory going around right now is that Mick is actually a previous Shag clone and the reason our Shag doesn't have a Ballyhoo is because it was never transferred from the previous one.

Actually, the whole Shag clone just raises too many ****ing questions like, what even?
Oooh, I know who Mick is. I got confused ( As Mick was not in the recent page ).
I feel like Mick is some weird being with power. A Shag clone does not seem too farfetch. Mick seemed like he murdered people. In a brutal way.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi
You know how I said Mick was a "Shag" clone? Well, I am unsure, because my brain got weird and I thought Mick was Shag. Who do you think Mick is, or whatever Mick is?

Roberk

Smash Champion
How much like Devil May Cry, God of War, and Bayonetta are they?
To be quite honest I haven’t played those games, but they fall under the Hack n’ Slash genre. They’re a lot more physics/action based than ARPGs, where ARPGs still have some RPG systems woven into the combat.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We live in a dystopia.
I am spoiled.
Trans rights!
... >:] >:] >:]

This society is a dystopia.

I hate all of you.

Dumbledore dies.
The USSR is a dystopia.
THIS SOCIETY IS A DYSTOPIA.
ANIME FEMALES WITH BIG BREASTS ARE USED TO LURE GAMERS SO THE GAMERS CAN SPY FOR THE GOVERNMENT.
Knowing that we all live in a dystopia. We have killed off innocent species that have owned this planet before us. In this dystopia, we lose nature and beauty over these buildings.
We truly live in a dystopia.
Give it a rest there, brother...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be quite honest I haven’t played those games, but they fall under the Hack n’ Slash genre. They’re a lot more physics/action based than ARPGs, where ARPGs still have some RPG systems woven into the combat.
So like, leveling up and casting spells and ****. But you don’t have to give the enemy a turn and you could beat their face in before they even throw out any attack.

Do they have an easy mode?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
imagejpg_501477c8-65f8-4a5c-8565-93dc5795bc9f_640x640.jpg

There's also this shirt for sale today, which is just very pleasant to look at, honestly.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yo, you can't honestly tell me you play DMC games by mashing through them.
dante eating sundae dmc5.png

That's not stylish at all.

ANYWAY,
HAVE YOU HEARD OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, THE INTERCONNECTION BETWEEN ARPGS AND CHARACTER ACTION GAMES THAT IS NIER GODDAMN AUTOMATA?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t like the staples of the genre. How is that closed minded. The things I don’t like about the game are the very things that make it a Turn-Based RPG
You said RPG. As in Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, etc., etc.

You can't just despise an entire Genre based off one game. That doesn't make much sense.

D

Deleted member

Shin Megami **** You:
-You waste your turn
-You also waste one of your allies' turn
-The enemy enters a state where the next attack is likely to miss, costing you more turns
-That same state makes them more likely to crit and hit their attacks
-If they crit, they get more turns with more opportunities to hit you again
God damn that reminds me of Persona 3, in which some times you just ****ing die because the boss critted you and decided to critical hit you again while you were down. This sounds... worse, somehow. **** that ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You said RPG. As in Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, etc., etc.

You can't just despise an entire Genre based off one game. That doesn't make much sense.
Does Kingdom Hearts even count as a straight RPG? It’s not even turn based?

I don’t like turn based battles. What’s playing five other games with the same me mechanic gonna do for my opinion?

Roberk

Smash Champion
So like, leveling up and casting spells and ****. But you don’t have to give the enemy a turn and you could beat their face in before they even throw out any attack.

Do they have an easy mode?
Some do, some might not if they’re older, it’s a case by case basis.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does Kingdom Hearts even count as a straight RPG? It’s not even turn based?

I don’t like turn based battles. What’s playing five other games with the same me mechanic gonna do for my opinion?
...bro. RPG is Role-Playing Game. Turn based gameplay isn't even a part of half the games in the genre...

The Witcher? Monster Hunter? Dark Souls? Mass Effect? Dragons Dogma? None of those are turn based...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
God damn that reminds me of Persona 3, in which some times you just ****ing die because the boss critted you and decided to critical hit you again while you were down. This sounds... worse, somehow. **** that ****.
Oh boss critting happens, but it (more or less) happens because you didn't properly prepare for the fight by using buffs/debuffs or healing. There's never a point where a challenge becomes so insurmountable you can't get past it with some team tweaking or creative stat usage.

Due to how you collect and create your own party members, every fight is different from the ones other people have and the ones before or after and you can make your own completely busted monsters that way. Play it right and you'll feel like the boss character as you curbstomp them to high hell. In fact, since your options grow faster than the enemies do, the hardest part of the game is usually at the beginning with it slowly lowering with occasional boss difficulty spikes.

It's seriously, super fun. And everyone should at least try it.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Then what makes an RPG an RPG? Cause you level up and strategize in practically every game that exists.
Generally, a Role-Playing game has you leveling up, building stats, collecting armor/weapons, in a story where the worlds fate usually revolves around the player or players character.

Stats and story are a big part of what makes an RPG an RPG. It's some of it's defining traits.

D

Deleted member

Oh boss critting happens, but it (more or less) happens because you didn't properly prepare for the fight by using buffs/debuffs or healing. There's never a point where a challenge becomes so insurmountable you can't get past it with some team tweaking or creative stat usage.

Due to how you collect and create your own party members, every fight is different from the ones other people have and the ones before or after and you can make your own completely busted monsters that way. Play it right and you'll feel like the boss character as you curbstomp them to high hell. In fact, since your options grow faster than the enemies do, the hardest part of the game is usually at the beginning with it slowly lowering with occasional boss difficulty spikes.

It's seriously, super fun. And everyone should at least try it.
Sounds interesting. If my bro kept his 2DS I'll look into SMT 4. If not, I'll just emulate SMT 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom