• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but not every RPG plays like FFVII.

The remake is literally changing to be more like the newer action-based, live battle RPGs in new Final Fantasies.
Have you ever tried Action JRPGs? They still have the characters and world-building of JRPGs but let you feel like you're "doing" something.
I know. Kingdom Hearts looks fun and I would be all over it if it weren’t a Mouse game (that’s a whole nother can of worms). And I’m super excited for the remake because the gameplay is gonna be more my speed with live battles (and hopefully an easy mode). I can’t wait to experience my favorite world and story with gameplay I actually like.

As long as it’s not like Dark Souls. **** Dark Souls.

But turn based battles will always suck to me no matter how you spin them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
**** no! **** RPGs! FFVII broke me. I am never touching that puke stain of a genre ever again.

Why don’t you prove to me how a Goomba would fight if you’re so keen on the idea.
Up special is Paragoomba
Side B is a headbonk
Neutral B is those mini-goomba things which slow down your opponent
Down B is Hyper Charging.
Jab is a poke with a spiky helmet
F-Tilt is a lollypop swing
D-Tilt swings a tail
Up Tilt is a caw swipe upwards
Dash attack is ramming into the opponent
All of his smash attacks summon a Goomba stack. Up does a headbutt, side makes them flop over, down spins them around like Shulk's
Nair is him doing somersaults in the air
Up-Air uses a spear to poke upwards
Fair and Bair uses a baseball bat
Dair has it transforming into a Thwomp
Grao revolves around a baseball mitt, and the throws are various baseball throws.
Final Smash is becoming the Mega Goomba from NSMB, and crushes anyone in his path.

All of what I just said is somethings Goombas could do in the main series and the side games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's a low blow.

:drflip:
Hey man... I've played KH for about 20 years, and I know aaaaaaall about the revenge value tech and firaga spam and the reflect and decisive pumpkin and the level 1 runs and such.

buuuuut I do know I beat most of those games with a toddler-like understanding of "I hit X, and X does damage, and they die if they take damage.

Replaying them now is far more entertaining with knowledge of those systems, but let's be real, the accessibility to newcomers is part of the reason we love it and it has so many fans.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
By the way, I took a visit to my local bar last night and guess what my bartender was wearing?!!!

A Booette hoodie

I'm dead ****ing serious!!! :yoshi:
Honestly not sure what that is and if I need to feel bad.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I know. Kingdom Hearts looks fun and I would be all over it if it weren’t a Mouse game (that’s a whole nother can of worms). And I’m super excited for the remake because the gameplay is gonna be more my speed with live battles (and hopefully an easy mode). I can’t wait to experience my favorite world and story with gameplay I actually like.

As long as it’s not like Dark Souls. **** Dark Souls.

But turn based battles will always suck to me no matter how you spin them.
I wasn't specifically talking about Kingdom Hearts. For Action JRPGS there's the Ys series, the Tales of series, Xenoblade, etc. You could even play a game like Valkyria Chronicles which is a strategy RPG but you get you actually move your characters and shoot their guns yourself instead of using menus.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Remember Bowsette?

That but King Boo.
but was the bartender bara enough to hold the weight of the most defining, crucial aspect of such a deep character?
im talking about her tatas

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wasn't specifically talking about Kingdom Hearts. For Action JRPGS there's the Ys series, the Tales of series, Xenoblade, etc. You could even play a game like Valkyria Chronicles which is a strategy RPG but you get you actually move your characters and shoot their guns yourself instead of using menus.
How much like Devil May Cry, God of War, and Bayonetta are they?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mfw the page number no longer starts with "420"
ba5.jpg

Anyways, is anyone of the converted caught up with Scoob and Shag already? Because holy **** that new page.
"Mick" about to unleash his power at Shag iver Goku's pic, I wonder what's its importance

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 208582

Anyways, is anyone of the converted caught up with Scoob and Shag already? Because holy **** that new page.
"Mick" about to unleash his power at Shag iver Goku's pic, I wonder what's its importance
WTF is Mick even? He's not a cartoon, he's a guy in a suit. But he has a balyhoo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, I wonder what the Bowsette scene is lookin like since shes basically a dead relic. She was really designed for one sole purpose, so I wonder what I'll find and what's new.

Never thought I'd see the day someone's own artisitic depiction of Bowsette getting rammed by a dolphin. Not a humanoid dolphin or a magical Mario-character lookin' dolphin like Dorrie, just a real-life dolphin.

This is very real.

First page on Pahael, I could not make this up if I tried.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
DBJdeua.jpg

If we're sharing cat pics, here's my cat. Her name is Mouse.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, I wonder what the Bowsette scene is lookin like since shes basically a dead relic. She was really designed for one sole purpose, so I wonder what I'll find and what's new.

Never thought I'd see the day someone's own artisitic depiction of Bowsette getting rammed by a dolphin. Not a humanoid dolphin or a magical Mario-character lookin' dolphin like Dorrie, just a real-life dolphin.
1438529727000.png

Thanks for sharing to the class....

D

Deleted member

View attachment 208582

Something tells me he is going to do that soon.
image.PNG

His expression and the three harmonious periods really say it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

WTF is Mick even? He's not a cartoon, he's a guy in a suit. But he has a balyhoo.
Popular theory going around right now is that Mick is actually a previous Shag clone and the reason our Shag doesn't have a Ballyhoo is because it was never transferred from the previous one.

Actually, the whole Shag clone just raises too many ****ing questions like, what even?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This is very real.

First page on Pahael, I could not make this up if I tried.
Googles Bowsette. Finds this.
I think I’ve found my new favorite quote.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Popular theory going around right now is that Mick is actually a previous Shag clone and the reason our Shag doesn't have a Ballyhoo is because it was never transferred from the previous one.

Actually, the whole Shag clone just raises too many ****ing questions like, what even?
A-Are you people speaking English right now?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I may just wake up, but the first one here that ****talk my girl Booette is going to have problems with me when I'm WOKE.:ultdarksamus:

D

Deleted member

If we're posting pet pics, here are my boys participating in fair and balanced dueling.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If I do play Persona 5, I'm probably going to play it on hard mode and regret my life choices because of it. Yet somehow, I bet Shin Megami Tensei is actually harder on normal difficulty.
Well let's draw a comparison:

RPG Battle:
Oh no, you missed an attack!

Most other RPGs:
-You waste your turn and go back to the "end of the line"
-Either your next fastest ally proceeds or the enemy does.

Shin Megami **** You:
-You waste your turn
-You also waste one of your allies' turn
-The enemy enters a state where the next attack is likely to miss, costing you more turns
-That same state makes them more likely to crit and hit their attacks
-If they crit, they get more turns with more opportunities to hit you again

But what I love is that the exact same thing applies to the bosses, and you too can abuse the system to destroy them trivially. There's nothing quite like punching Lucifer with one attack so DAMN hard, he goes to the next phase of the boss fight.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Mick being a Shag clone actually makes sense...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
**** no! **** RPGs! FFVII broke me. I am never touching that puke stain of a genre ever again.

Why don’t you prove to me how a Goomba would fight if you’re so keen on the idea.
You played a turn based JRPG from one of the most convoluted Series in video game history that came out in 1997 and you're saying **** all RPGs? That seems closed minded.

Your loss though, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom