• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
>never touching rpgs again
>persona 5 is an rpg

i hope you realize this means war
I won’t stop you from liking these games. But I can’t stand them.

If you think all RPGs are the same then give me your money so I can buy some more.
What I don’t like about turn based RPGs is the static, menu based combat. I just want to run up and mash X and pummel my opponents face in before they can do anything. I don’t like RPGs because of the bare minimum mechanics that qualify a game as an RPG.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What I don’t like about turn based RPGs is the static, menu based combat. I just want to run up and mash X and pummel my opponents face in before they can do anything. I don’t like RPGs because of the bare minimum mechanics that qualify a game as an RPG.
>I don't like bare minimum mechanics
>I do like running up and mashing X
thinking.gif

Might I recommend the Kingdom Hearts franchise?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
View attachment 208572
I just wanted to make you happy, man...
You did.

Because the fact that you tried is endearing.

And because you made adorable caricatures of me and my brother and agreed to make more of my friends.

And because you're such a ****ing delight in here.

Now perk up. You did good, kid.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like this is somehow personal...

Look, RPGs can have great stories and characters. Heck, Final Fantasy VII has my third favorite gaming world and story. But the gameplay is just trash.
Yeah, but not every RPG plays like FFVII.

The remake is literally changing to be more like the newer action-based, live battle RPGs in new Final Fantasies.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I keep getting AXE ads.

I don't know what Youtube is trying to tell me, but stop it.
Being around posters who play Melee must've left a scent on you and confused the algorithm. They cause that sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I got nothing for today.

Here's a pic of me eating mac and cheese.

I'm eatin ****ing mac and cheese.png

D

Deleted member

I feel like this is somehow personal...

Look, RPGs can have great stories and characters. Heck, Final Fantasy VII has my third favorite gaming world and story. But the gameplay is just trash.
RPGs aren't for everyone. There's a reason I set Bravely Default to easy mode around Chapter 3. I was just there for story, and then that ended up sucking. The only ones I can say I really loved were Paper Mario and Persona 4 because the gameplay clicked with me. Otherwise, it's hit or miss and they can take hours of your life away if they're misses. If you can't get down with gameplay but love story, just watch a let's play in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Running up and mashing X makes you feel like you’re actually doing something. Turn based battles make you feel like you have no agency and are just passively and subtly influencing a situation. IMO.
Have you ever tried Action JRPGs? They still have the characters and world-building of JRPGs but let you feel like you're "doing" something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you want your turn-based actions to mean something, I'd recommend playing SMT where if you mess up even once, you don't even get a ****ing turn.

YOU'RE DEAD.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you want your turn-based actions to mean something, I'd recommend playing SMT where if you mess up even once, you don't even get a ****ing turn.

YOU'RE DEAD.
sounds more like a competitive TCG than an RPG

D

Deleted member

YOU'RE DEAD.
If I do play Persona 5, I'm probably going to play it on hard mode and regret my life choices because of it. Yet somehow, I bet Shin Megami Tensei is actually harder on normal difficulty.

D

Deleted member

Can I beat Hardcore with only half of my health?
Find out now at SmashBoards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom