• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Because we don't really have anything else to talk about regarding Erdrick.

Despite the overall consensus on Erdrick's chances, there's not too many factors to take into consideration. A lot of it is just based on how much you believe in said factors.

It's basically just "Brave" and leakers and... that's pretty much it.
Thats not my point, my point is that the conversation in general is the same. People who are not convinced remain unconvinced and say the same arguments as before, same for people leaning to Erdrick and people convinced that is Erdrick. Its just repetitive at this point.

D

Deleted member

Well I was looking up random stuff and I was in a Dragon Ball mood so I found this and it's so ridiculous that it's hilarious:
Roshi UI.jpg

Roshi UI 2.jpg
I think this speaks for itself, Dragon Ball is out here giving Master Roshi Ultra Instinct wow.

In the Anime Gohan who is one of the stronger members couldn't do anything against Jiren even Vegeta couldn't do much against Jiren but in the Manga they put Roshi up against Jiren, That's crazy.

D

Deleted member

Not trying to sound like I'm against Erdrick, but what legs does the characters have the stand on besides leakers? People assume he's basically in because of leakers, but those are not official and aren't 100% reliable so let's remove those from the equation for a moment.
In the speculative process, you can't ignore leakers when they were the reason Erdrick became considered in the first place. It started all the way back when Vergeben was saying a Square Enix character was being considered. Fast forward to the seven Square Enix character candidates (Crono, Geno, Sora, Sephiroth, Erdrick, Luminary, and Slime), and now the stage is set.

So let's throw things we know at the wall now that we have this list. Brave is literally Erdrick's class. He is called Yuusha in Japan, which translate to Brave or Hero. The evidence for this translating to Brave is that one Kirby photo in which the Japanese Nintendo employee literally called it "Brave's shield." While Sora has a "brave form" (valor form) and many other characters can be considered a brave person, Erdrick is the closest character who fits the adjective/title because he is literally classified as Brave. Stats can change easily and height stat can very well mean jack in the grand scheme of things.

Now why Erdrick over the other characters in that seven Square Enix list? Dragon Quest is a cult icon in Japan and efforts are being made to make it more popular in the west with Nintendo's collaboration. You've probably heard the story over literal muggings over the series happening in 1980s Japan because people wanted Dragon Quest 3 that badly. There is also a dedicated museum exhibit for Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest influenced games like Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon, even the ****ing Streetpass feature for the 3DS. Nintendo has shown in the February direct that more Dragon Quest news is coming, so it's clearly a relevant series.

Ignoring leaks, you will also have to ignore the one 5chan leak (the one that only claims Joker and Erdrick) that said Persona 5 Arena is getting delayed for a Granblue fighting game, which Polar Panda confirmed. This one leak that predicted this specific detail said that Joker and Erdrick are in. Remember, this is the 5chan leak that is not predicting all five DLC characters, but just Erdrick and Joker. Interestingly, it also predicted more overseas Dragon Quest marketing, which Nintendo seems game on doing right now this year.

I can also use Tansut, who has that source that predicted Cloud, and that same source is saying Erdrick. He came out that he was requested to hold off from sharing Cloud until near his reveal. However, since Erdrick was practically an open secret around December, it's fine to share him early.

I'm gonna link you to Teeb147 Teeb147 and her megapost from the Erdrick support thread because it nicely compiles the evidence, sources, and links, and then explains what needs to be said with said facts.

It's not just individual pieces of evidence that's used to justify Erdrick. It's how they collectively fit together.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I can't think of a single good thing about Tatsu. He isn't useful to the group and the narrative would actually be strengthened if he was gone. He almost gets people killed twice in the main story due to sheer stupidity.

I can think of several good things about Tora. He's genuinely kind, quick to build others up and isn't gonna let destiny tell him what he can and can't do. He contributes to the group and the group respects him for it.

You are giving an obscene amount of weight to Tora's perviness when it barely shows up in 5% of the scenes he's in.
The fact Tora just contributes to one of the biggest problems of XC2 and adds another big one with Poppi just makes him impossible for me to even take into consideration. I don't take the "haha he's a pedophile" trope well and characterizing someone like that as heroic is just disgusting imo.
Tatsu is annoying and pointless, I'll never deny that, but he doesn't make me feel uncomfortable nor is he something that would keep me from recommending XCX to someone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To be fair to Tatsu.

There is one scene where I like him.

The one where he talks to Lao and does it for Lin's sake.

That was nice, why wasn't there more of that?
I'll be honest, I can't remember a lot of XCX scenes, but that sounds nice.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Thats not my point, my point is that the conversation in general is the same. People who are not convinced remain unconvinced and say the same arguments as before, same for people leaning to Erdrick and people convinced that is Erdrick. Its just repetitive at this point.
I'm sorry I wasn't aware.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I just finished Bowser's Inside Story, so there are several quotes I could use for this concept.

Especially the most famous one.
Speaking of M&L, there's a quote from Dream Team that would make the perfect reaction image for Smash speculation (I've seen it used a couple of times before) but I can't remember the exact wording and can't find where it's been used before (and I can't make it myself as the Toad who says it no longer says it at the point I'm at in the game)

This will forever haunt me

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact Tora just contributes to one of the biggest problems of XC2 and adds another big one with Poppi just makes him impossible for me to even take into consideration. I don't take the "haha he's a pedophile" trope well and characterizing someone like that as heroic is just disgusting imo.
Tatsu is annoying and pointless, I'll never deny that, but he doesn't make me feel uncomfortable nor is he something that would keep me from recommending XCX to someone.
Tora is a young teenager man.

Nopon age weird but he's explicitly stated to not be an adult or close to one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Y'know I'm kinda hoping P5R girl isn't fem-Joker just to see how badly this art ages.
no-one's jumped the gun so hard yet as to draw her in actual phantom thieves gear so we should be good for now

D

Deleted member

Ahh male teenagers and nutting.
They go in harmony.

Jimmy Carter got so many votes from teenagers because he was originally a peanut farmer.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It's not just individual pieces of evidence that's used to justify Erdrick. It's how they collectively fit together.
After reading everything in your post over, this makes a lot of sense. I think you just needed to say this one sentence for it to have all clicked in my head. I get it now... thank you. I'm going to keep an open-mind, though I still believe anything can happen in the future.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll be honest, I can't remember a lot of XCX scenes, but that sounds nice.
It's after you fight Lao.

Elma, Lin and Rook have left but Tatsu stays behind. He tells Lao that he better come back alive or Lin will be sad.

Actually fairly touching.

D

Deleted member

despite being only 13% of the population, gamers commit 100% of the murders
The wealthiest of gamers commit more crimes than the poorest normies.
isn't tora like 12
Tora is a young teenager man.

Nopon age weird but he's explicitly stated to not be an adult or close to one.
Is he? Wiki makes no mention of his age. But regardless, that would put him on the same category as Mineta which is... less worse but still nowhere near acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom