• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. People have shown interest, so I'm gonna start this tournament of polls. To start, we must vote on the best game in the Super Mario series (no spinoffs, list taken from the official Mario wiki). Click on the link below to vote

https://linkto.run/p/V7H4F17B

Votes will be counted when people have stopped voting for over a half-hour.

Please like to let me know you've voted.
Alright, thirteen people have voted and we have 50 active users. Let's keep this train running!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I really spoil my brother. In February I got him a Switch and Mario Kart 8, March I got him a Switch case and a protective screen for it and this month I got him Smash and the fighter pass.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I really spoil my brother. In February I got him a Switch and Mario Kart 8, March I got him a Switch case and a protective screen for it and this month I got him Smash and the fighter pass.

Hey it is me

Your long lost brother.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Not trying to sound like I'm against Erdrick, but what legs does the characters have the stand on besides leakers? People assume he's basically in because of leakers, but those are not official and aren't 100% reliable so let's remove those from the equation for a moment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
K. Rool was my most wanted Smash newcomer for a long time even though I hardly played any games where he was present prior to the game coming out.

I just took an interest in the character after seeing his trophy and related kremlings trophies in Brawl, and years later I started watching footage of his boss fights on Youtube. The character always seemed like a really fun villain, and his boss fights fascinated me with how they were designed. Mario Super Sluggers (which I do own) was one of his last appearances up until Ultimate, and I was among the many people who clamored for his return. His decade-long absence was crazy.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not trying to sound like I'm against Erdrick, but what legs does the characters have the stand on besides leakers? People assume he's basically in because of leakers, but those are not official and aren't 100% reliable so let's remove those from the equation for a moment.
'brave' is literally erdrick's class name

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think I hate Wario.

Uh, what is happening here?
Do you think that people should be able to use reaction images and gifs of things they've never played?

OR DO YOU THINK IT MAKES THEM FRAUDULENT POSERS?
marth gun.jpg

answer very carefully.

D

Deleted member

I would like to take a moment to share this image with you.

Alright, you can continue living your life, now.

D

Deleted member

Dragon Quest is pretty much John Videogames over in Japan. It's a cultural phenomenon and has massively influenced RPGS as a whole with a long legacy on Nintendo systems. Erdrick is the most recurring and popular hero from the series.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you think that people should be able to use reaction images and gifs of things they've never played?

OR DO YOU THINK IT MAKES THEM FRAUDULENT POSERS?
View attachment 208325

answer very carefully.
I'm very much against meme elitism, let people post dumb reaction images from stuff they never saw before. Freedom for ****posters.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Dragon Quest is pretty much John Videogames over in Japan. It's a cultural phenomenon and has massively influenced RPGS as a whole with a long legacy on Nintendo systems. Erdrick is the most recurring and popular hero from the series.
Do we have any evidence supporting this statement specifically? I know that DQ3 is generally considered the favorite in Japan, but is there anything explicitly stating that Erdrick is the most popular hero out of all DQ?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No it's not.
Yuusha is Erdrick's class, and in english is translated to Warrior or Hero in Dragon Quest.
van zieks objection.PNG

Yes, Yuusha can translate as that, but it also translates as "Brave". it has multiple meanings.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
No it's not.
Yuusha is Erdrick's class, and in english is translated to Warrior or Hero in Dragon Quest.
this is the line of thinking i clung to while still hoping it was a bravely rep, but as we've seen, 'brave' is just as valid a translation (specifically by the japanese, i.e. where the devs are coming from) for yuusha

1555275173473.png

D

Deleted member

A perfectly justifiable and financially sensible decision.
i took economics and personal finance as a required class in my high school so that means i'm the most financially responsible person here

game look good. muscle boy. me like. sixty dollar. spend spend spend

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm very much against meme elitism, let people post dumb reaction images from stuff they never saw before. Freedom for ****posters.
I refuse to accept any argument that uses Phoneix Wright gifs without even knowing the difference between a ladder and a step-ladder.

harry potter how dare you stand where he stood.gif

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
That is pretty good evidence lol! Brave is such a broad word, but I'll try to keep this in mind.
It's because it's such a broad term that people think it makes more sense to apply it to one character who gives it context beyond "The Hero Trait".

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tatsu is annoying, sure, but at least he's not offensively bad like Tora.
I can't think of a single good thing about Tatsu. He isn't useful to the group and the narrative would actually be strengthened if he was gone. He almost gets people killed twice in the main story due to sheer stupidity.

I can think of several good things about Tora. He's genuinely kind, quick to build others up and isn't gonna let destiny tell him what he can and can't do. He contributes to the group and the group respects him for it.

You are giving an obscene amount of weight to Tora's perviness when it barely shows up in 5% of the scenes he's in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom