• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. People have shown interest, so I'm gonna start this tournament of polls. To start, we must vote on the best game in the Super Mario series (no spinoffs, list taken from the official Mario wiki). Click on the link below to vote

https://linkto.run/p/V7H4F17B

Votes will be counted when people have stopped voting for over a half-hour.

Please like to let me know you've voted.
How do I keep this poll fresh in people's minds without coming across as spam?

D

Deleted member

Ok , but the class is not named Brave.
ok bro we get it

agumon is brave

he's in you're right and you should say it

all of these leakers and insiders are totally wrong and we're all misinformed except for you, because you shone the light onto this big erdrick conspiracy. god bless

D

Deleted member

Why do we go through this conversation about Erdrick, Brave, leakers, translation and so on multiple times? we always end up in the same way as before.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Do we have any evidence supporting this statement specifically? I know that DQ3 is generally considered the favorite in Japan, but is there anything explicitly stating that Erdrick is the most popular hero out of all DQ?
I'm basing it off the fact that he's one of the most recurring characters in promotional material with many figurines, plus the refernces to him many DQ games and him being important to 11. Plus, considering that DQ protags are just blank slates anyway, it makes sense that the most popular hero comes from the most popular game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't think of a single good thing about Tatsu. He isn't useful to the group and the narrative would actually be strengthened if he was gone. He almost gets people killed twice in the main story due to sheer stupidity.

I can think of several good things Tora. He's genuinely kind, quick to build others up and isn't gonna let destiny tell him what he can and can't do. He contributes to the group and the group respects him for it.

You are giving an obscene amount of weight to Tora's perviness when it barely shows up in 5% of the scenes he's in.
My main issue is why they keep ****ing dragging him along.

For ****'s sake this is an American military operation to save the literal LAST REMNANTS OF HUMANITY from TOTAL EXTINCTION and you are bringing along a walking, talking, liability that has not provided any benefit to anyone from now since the moment he was born. You would think Elma of all people would stop and think "hey yeah, why exactly do we have this ball of pure uselessness?"

GodDAMN XCX's story hurts my soul.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not trying to sound like I'm against Erdrick, but what legs does the characters have the stand on besides leakers? People assume he's basically in because of leakers, but those are not official and aren't 100% reliable so let's remove those from the equation for a moment.
Dragon Quest is huge in Japan and very important to rpgs in general. Erdrick is basically the Cloud of Dragon Quest as well.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

For ****'s sake this is an American military operation to save the literal LAST REMNANTS OF HUMANITY from TOTAL EXTINCTION and you are bringing along a walking, talking, liability that has not provided any benefit to anyone from now since the moment he was born. You would think Elma of all people would stop and think "hey yeah, why exactly do we have this ball of pure uselessness?"

XCX sidequest writing team:

1555275825369.png

XCX main story writing team:

1555275853876.png

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I think you should be allowed to use reaction images from games you haven't played but if you do then I'm very suspicious of you, and am gonna think twice about inviting you to my birthday party.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Why do we go through this conversation about Erdrick, Brave, leakers, translation and so on multiple times? we always end up in the same way as before.
Because we don't really have anything else to talk about regarding Erdrick.

Despite the overall consensus on Erdrick's chances, there's not too many factors to take into consideration. A lot of it is just based on how much you believe in said factors.

It's basically just "Brave" and leakers and... that's pretty much it.

D

Deleted member

No, I never joke.
I have blocked literally everyone on this thread, and I will continue to block even more should you displease me.

Faygo I swear to god, resize your images so they're at least a tiny bit smaller.
Hello. I am Taylor F, here with Smashboards news!

This just in, a local Smashboards user is blocking everyone an-*blocked noises*

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>There's a sidequest where Tastu actually gets eaten
>But Lin saves him
giphy.gif

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I can sorta see why people see it's Erdrick now. I mean besides the leakers shouting his name and preparing to go to their graves for him, most of the evidence just seems like it's kind of pointing in his direction. Like "brave" is just one of the translations of yuusha, which as osby osby said, can sorta apply to Erdrick's generic hero trait. The other evidence like "DQ is super popular" I don't give much merit to only because anyone supporting any character can say stuff like that, but 9 times out of 10 it doesn't actually result in anything. For example, Geno had a bunch of things going for him such as "SMRPG on SNES Classic" or "Sakurai endorsing Geno himself" but that didn't lead to Geno getting in.

I guess we'll just have to see, but I'm not fully convinced it's Erdrick like some are.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
XCX sidequest writing team:

View attachment 208339

XCX main story writing team:

View attachment 208340
"Oh wow, there's so much you can do with all these characters we've written, let's force the player to use only Elma and Lin for 99.9% of the main story."

Also, make them grind. Good lord, these players for some reason love running around picking up blue crystals off the floor.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

To be fair, he's initially brought on as an ambassador between humans and nopons.

He'd actually be a neat support character at base if he stuck to that role.

Not sure why he sticks around in the non nopon related missions.

Funnily enough, you build a lot of affinity with Elma whenever you insult Tatsu. I find that hilarious.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can't think of a single good thing about Tatsu. He isn't useful to the group and the narrative would actually be strengthened if he was gone. He almost gets people killed twice in the main story due to sheer stupidity.

I can think of several good things about Tora. He's genuinely kind, quick to build others up and isn't gonna let destiny tell him what he can and can't do. He contributes to the group and the group respects him for it.

You are giving an obscene amount of weight to Tora's perviness when it barely shows up in 5% of the scenes he's in.

Literally the only reason Tatsu is kept around is so that Lin can make jokes about eating him. That's all he contributes to the story, period.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Literally the only reason Tatsu is kept around is so that Lin can make jokes about eating him. That's all he contributes to the story, period.
"Oh look, let's eat some dinner before the new mission!"

Oh god, Lin please don't.

"Oh Hi there Tatsu!"

Lin please, I'm begging you, I've already hear-

"WANT ME TO EAT YOU?"

face desk.gif

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
hey everyone! having fun speculating for the super smash bros game? well, i'd like to throw my hat into the ring. this is gonna be pretty "out there", so stay with me here, but as a wild guess i have a feeling that theyre gonna add the dragon quest guy

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
hey everyone! having fun speculating for the super smash bros game? well, i'd like to throw my hat into the ring. this is gonna be pretty "out there", so stay with me here, but as a wild guess i have a feeling that theyre gonna add the dragon quest guy
No way, that's impossible. Dragon Quest died a long time ago to the hands of its far more popular spinoff series .

Hell he even got into Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair to Tatsu.

There is one scene where I like him.

The one where he talks to Lao and does it for Lin's sake.

That was nice, why wasn't there more of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom