• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, I kind of figured the Royale portion of it would be PS4 exclusive.

S not being the Switch port suddenly throws Best Buy Direct into question, sadly.
i was dubious on S being Switch because the reveal site very specifically mentioned "we will show you new phantom thieves" - as in, it doesn't feature the same characters. whatever it is, it seems more likely to actually be a spinoff of sorts.

Shroob

Sup?
So now:

Best Buy Direct is suddenly, potentially, in the trash, and the only thing that we can actually take from it is Joker's render.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Didn't he also say that the recent Microsoft rumors weren't true?

Cause I almost vividly remember when he said that, the Ori and the Blind Forest Switch listing for one Australian website came up, only adding more credence to what NateDrake broke out before.

I'd hold my breath.

EDIT: Just found out, it wasn't Australian, but from the UK.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._for_switch_spotted_in_uk_wholesale_database1
i'm not finding any claims from him about microsoft besides him mentioning microsoft's buyout of obsidian - which happened exactly as he said a month later

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've always wanted to be a livestreamer. It's part of the reason I bought my capture card in the first place.

But I hate the way my voice sounds, so it's not in the cards for me at the moment.
I wouldn't want to be a streamer. I don't like the idea that I have to perform live for other people, especially in a way that demands constant content and access to what you do. I much prefer recording then editing into something I want to publish.

But I understand the idea of not liking the sound of your own voice, even if my reason probably isn't the same as yours. I hate when I'm applying my voice work to characters and I have to just keep listening to it on repeat... I always think it's weird and garbage.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You mean on the Switch.

Jane's still in the code.
yeah, ponytail doesn't lie. it's a weird situation to be sure, but it still makes sense if joker/p5 isn't on switch at all - at that point, you might as well go all the way if you're not damaging your own interests.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm kinda wondering now if Jane really is just being thrown into Smash as a pseudo-promotional material.

iirc, Shadow Moses Island has a MGS4 Metal Gear or something, despite MGS4 never coming to a Nintendo console.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm kinda wondering now if Jane really is just being thrown into Smash as a pseudo-promotional material.

iirc, Shadow Moses Island has a MGS4 Metal Gear or something, despite MGS4 never coming to a Nintendo console.
cloud also has a costume directly pulled from a sony movie, so there's a precedent for weirdness

sakurai adds what sakurai thinks is cool and we can't predict any of it

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
jason schreier of kotaku saying that P5S is not P5 switch, P5 the royal is PS4-exclusive, and doesn't know if P5 switch is even a thing at all

that's... pretty bad, not gonna sugar coat it. i don't like kotaku all that much, but schreier is incredibly well-connected, and one of the only insiders i'll pay any attention to when he starts making bigger claims like this.
Who is this guy?

I mean, retailer listings are usually pretty spot on, not because they're being speculated or tossed around by insiders but because they have to actually have the information to put it on the site. This guy is, apparently, going against a hell of a lot of other sources so his credibility has to be like sky high.

I think Persona 5 is coming eventually, not 100% that it's P5S but considering the announcement window... it would make a whole lot of sense if it it was.

Shroob

Sup?
Who is this guy?

I mean, retailer listings are usually pretty spot on, not because they're being speculated or tossed around by insiders but because they have to actually have the information to put it on the site. This guy is, apparently, going against a hell of a lot of other sources so his credibility has to be like sky high.

I think Persona 5 is coming eventually, not 100% that it's P5S but considering the announcement window... it would make a whole lot of sense if it it was.
I mean, as many said before, Best Buy was listing Smash for Switch back in 2017 before E3, they HAVE had a track record of throwing listings up on rumors, which, iirc they themselves admitted via Twitter.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So now:

Best Buy Direct is suddenly, potentially, in the trash, and the only thing that we can actually take from it is Joker's render.
I said it before, but Best Buy "leaked" Smash for Switch right before E3 2017, but turned out that was a placeholder for a game they guessed was going to happen. Retailers want to have these SKUs at the ready so nerds will be able to preorder from them the MOMENT it's announced.

It's possible they know something, and it's just as possible they don't.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well, it was more a gekko, but yeah that and some songs like Theme of Love were added.

Entire point's moot though since Snake uses his MGS2 design which never got a Nintendo release.

D

Deleted member

i'm not finding any claims from him about microsoft besides him mentioning microsoft's buyout of obsidian - which happened exactly as he said a month later
I could've sworn it was him alongside Imran Khan that disregarded the recent Microsoft rumors or just one of the two, which then like a day after the UK listing for Ori Switch came out. But that's where my concerns are, at the least.

If it means anything, the SpawnCast is gonna be later on today and NateDrake is always on there, so I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he has info about the situation that others don't.

Actually wait, wasn't there that one article I posted saying this, potentially if, was the case?

...Oh no.

My ploy might've actually been reality.

am I a... monster.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I could've sworn it was him alongside Imran Khan that disregarded the recent Microsoft rumors or just one of the two, which then like a day after the UK listing for Ori Switch came out. But that's where my concerns are, at the least.

If it means anything, the SpawnCast is gonna be later on today and NateDrake is always on there, so I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he has info about the situation that others don't.

Actually wait, wasn't there that one article I posted saying this, potentially if, was the case?

...Oh no.

My ploy might've actually been reality.

View attachment 207729
Pretty sure you just got mandela effected, man.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Who is this guy?

sort of hard to summarise who he is and all the claims he's made, but he's most well-known for writing lengthy exposes on the state of certain games' troubled developments - stuff like anthem and mass effect: andromeda. he's proven himself to have very reliable industry contacts, and despite a few duds here and there on stuff he's been admittedly iffy on, the bulk of claims he's made have been legit.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
My question is where the hell did they pull A Link to the Past from?

I've heard **** about ALttP remake, and we have yet to even get the Link's Awakening one. I haven't even heard any rumors, it's like they just assumed on a whim "Well Link's Awakening got a remake so that means ALttP prob will get one too."

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
I have nothing worthwhile to contribute as usual, but I’m gonna spend a little while redoing parts of this daunting WIP.

E7BE54AF-9CDE-4B1A-8DF3-E0F6A2FFD548.jpeg

Once I got the image looking right I can have all the fun in the world adjusting colours and saturation.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
cloud also has a costume directly pulled from a sony movie, so there's a precedent for weirdness

sakurai adds what sakurai thinks is cool and we can't predict any of it
Yeah, we get caught up in "what are they advertising" but there's actually not a ton of precedence for that with third parties? FF7 never came out on Wii U. The Street Fighter games that actually sell well are never on Nintendo consoles. What was the last Metal Gear game on a Nintendo console?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
jason schreier of kotaku saying that P5S is not P5 switch, P5 the royal is PS4-exclusive, and doesn't know if P5 switch is even a thing at all

that's... pretty bad, not gonna sugar coat it. i don't like kotaku all that much, but schreier is incredibly well-connected, and one of the only insiders i'll pay any attention to when he starts making bigger claims like this.

With Joker coming to Smash, it wouldn't exactly be a wise move to keep PS5 not only off the Switch, but also make it exclusive to one, single other console. Yeesh. That's not good. Doesn't mean good things for the Best Buy situation, either.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, we get caught up in "what are they advertising" but there's actually not a ton of precedence for that with third parties? FF7 never came out on Wii U. The Street Fighter games that actually sell well are never on Nintendo consoles. What was the last Metal Gear game on a Nintendo console?
MGS3 3DS I believe.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
sort of hard to summarise who he is and all the claims he's made, but he's most well-known for writing lengthy exposes on the state of certain games' troubled developments - stuff like anthem and mass effect: andromeda. he's proven himself to have very reliable industry contacts, and despite a few duds here and there on stuff he's been admittedly iffy on, the bulk of claims he's made have been legit.
He seems pretty iffy on this one. I dunno if that's just him trying not to crush people dreams or what but he doesn't seem all in on it. Looks as if he's simply saying keep your expectations in check. I guess we'll see in a week and a half though.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think this hurts Jane, at all.

In fact, I'd say she's a lock, the ponytail: exists.

The only thing this hurts are people without a PS4.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
MGS3 3DS I believe.
yeah, and you can be sure as hell snake's inclusion in brawl and ultimate wasn't intended as marketing for MGS3 3D

third parties 'making sense' has always been something that fuels the speculation scene, but i think the long and short of it is that sakurai just adds whoever he thinks would make a neat fighter

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Playing randomized smashdown with one stock is insanely fun, I recommend you do it with your friend. A highlight from my game is when I got my friend's main and he got my main, it was a pretty hype moment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really don't need to be awake a this point, so I'm gonna go catch some sleep momentarily.

Thanks for all the Zelda discussion, everyone, it's been fun! Have a good night. Catch you all later. :ulttoonlink:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For what it's worth games, sometimes exclusives, have come out in the years following their inclusion.

MGS3DS in 2012, Sonic well everything, Mega Man Legacy Collections and 11, Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures and Championship Edition, Ryu got Ultra Street Fighter II as a Switch Exclusive, Cloud got Final Fantasy Explorers announced right alongside him and then FFVII just came out, Bayonetta... duh, and now Simon gets the new Castlevania collection, oh and Joker DID get Persona Q2.

So, yeah, there's precedent to the thought that there has to be SOMETHING coming to Nintendo. I just think people shouldn't assume it's THE BIG GAME right away.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For what it's worth games, sometimes exclusives, have come out in the years following their inclusion.

MGS3DS in 2012, Sonic well everything, Mega Man Legacy Collections and 11, Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures and Championship Edition, Ryu got Ultra Street Fighter II as a Switch Exclusive, Cloud got Final Fantasy Explorers announced right alongside him and then FFVII just came out, Bayonetta... duh, and now Simon gets the new Castlevania collection, oh and Joker DID get Persona Q2.

So, yeah, there's precedent to the thought that there has to be SOMETHING coming to Nintendo. I just think people shouldn't assume it's THE BIG GAME right away.
Yes, clearly it'll be Persona 6 Switch.

D

Deleted member

I don't think this hurts Jane, at all.

In fact, I'd say she's a lock, the ponytail: exists.

The only thing this hurts are people without a PS4.
But then comes the thing that we gotta remember: Japan. The Switch has outsold the PS4 in lifetime sales over there, and most devs and primary traction are now starting to shift over from the PS4 to the Switch. Not 100%, but it's happening. The most recent news of God Eater 3 coming to Switch would be a testament to that.

So I'd be honestly shocked more than anything if they're just going to have all the Persona 5-related projects just be PS4 only, when they'll be completely neglecting a huge opportunity to make some insane bank releasing something on the Switch, just basing off of marketing to the Japanese alone. Japan loves Persona 5, they love the Switch, it'd make perfect sense.

And to be fair, if Nintendo's choosing all the fighters for Ultimate's DLC and out of ALL the characters they choose, Joker from Persona 5 is one of them? While that would be striking the iron hot, I don't think it's because "hey, he's cool".

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm with @TotsBS.

I dunno if P5S is the Switch version but I think Persona 5 is coming to Switch. It makes too much damn sense AND these rumors have persisted even BEFORE Joker was revealed for Smash. I personally believe P5S is the Switch version but if it isn't, it's coming

D

Deleted member

*Sigh*

Seriously? This blows I really wanted a Switch Port and while this doesn't disconfirm it for sure it sure hurts the likelihood of it, I really would've loved to play the game too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

while true, i'd still argue we haven't yet seen any direct link between smash and a third party title coming out in the immediate period following a third party's inclusion - a smash character certainly opens the way for future game negotiations and improves the relationship for the future, but i doubt nintendo was anywhere close to negotiating FF7 switch or ultra street fighter II back in 2015 during smash 4's dlc cycle. equally, i doubt games like ff explorers and PQ2 are considered big enough releases to influence nintendo's thinking - their release dates are determined by the third parties, not nintendo.

castlevania is probably the closest example, but even then you have to remember that sakurai added the belmonts because of the smash ballot, not because of any pressing need to promote a collection of old castlevania games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm going to assume the worst and say P5S is yet another P5 Spinoff. In fact I'd go as far as to say the new phantom thieves are really just some poorly made mobile game...

With gacha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom