• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
For real, what are some of your folks' thoughts on Tetra as a newcomer, as of now?

She's my most wanted newcomer (used to roughly tie with K. Rool, until he got confirmed) and I've been managing her support thread for Ultimate. It's been dead as a doornail lately, though, so I'm curious as to what some of you around other parts of the site think.
I think she's the best idea for a Toon Link clone/echo.
Don't **** on my boy Tingle.

For real, though, Vaati would be pretty neat.
Regarding Tingle, I'm not overly bothered by him.

I think the hate for him is overblown (but then again I don't really get why Japan loves him either).

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Super flaming hot take: Beedle has more actual credentials than any commonly suggested Zelda newcomer.

I'm not fighting anyone for it just gonna pour the diesel on that one.
Beedle is one of my favorite Zelda characters. He's just so out-there and silly that it's charming. He's like the Rolf of the Zelda franchise to Groose's Ed (in the terms I described Beedle).
Rolf's_Honor.png

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you could only use Zelda characters who appear more than once in main series games you could only use:

Link, Zelda and Ganondorf
Ganon
Impa
Malon
Tingle
Vaati
Din
Nayru
Tetra and her crew
Beedle

Wow what a great selection.
Skull Kid appeared in three games.

Calane

Smash Ace
Seems you people are talking about possible Zelda newcomers?

Malon_(Oracle_of_Seasons).png

Malon would be my choice. I think it'd be hilarious, and she appeared in enough games to be considered recurring.
"Ocarina of Time", "Oracle of Seasons", "Four Swords Adventures", and "The Minish Cap" to be specific.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I gotta ask, do you guys have anything in mind for the movesets of some of these Zelda characters? I know some would be able to pull enough material from boss battles like Ghirahim.

Also I don’t care what anyone else says I still want my pig man playable too...

D

Deleted member

The only Zelda Rep I actively support or would support is Skull Kid but as we all know he's an Assist Trophy so I can't really argue for him.

Skull Kid is super cool though as MM has always been my favorite Zelda Game it's pretty great and I would love for Skull Kid to get in.

D

Deleted member

Spicy as **** take.

Vaati's to Zelda as Geno is to Smash.

Appeared in a few games, and never since, but it seems like whenever Smash speculation starts up, he rises from his grave.

I never got the Vaati support back in Brawl and I still don't. He'd be unique sure, but he's never coming back.
Vaati actually appears in 3 games, he is just a blob with an eye and wings in the other 2 games.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My initial choice for a Zelda newcomer was always Impa because her importance to a number of games. However, if I had to pick any character from any Zelda game, it would be Skull Kid. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda; which is tied for my all time favorite series beside Metal Gear, tied for my favorite game of all time alongside Metal Gear Solid 4, and Skull Kid was my favorite character within that game. So you can imagine I was pretty happy he picked up traction this speculation period.

However, if we never got another Zelda rep, I'd be totally fine. I feel like the fighters we got now embody the series really well and Zelda is super well represented, almost overrepresented, in every other department in Smash. I mean Zelda got two new stages in nearly EVERY Smash game and ALL of them came back for Ultimate. 4 Assist Trophies, several items, and a **** tone of music. I'm pretty satisfied with Zelda's representation in Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Spicy as **** take.

Vaati's to Zelda as Geno is to Smash.

Appeared in a few games, and never since, but it seems like whenever Smash speculation starts up, he rises from his grave.

I never got the Vaati support back in Brawl and I still don't. He'd be unique sure, but he's never coming back.
I weep.

Because I know you speak the truth.

Vaati does have a place in the Zelda lore if Nintendo chose to use him, they just don't. Probably for Capcom-based legal reasons.
Skull Kid appeared in three games.
****, you're right.
Seems you people are talking about possible Zelda newcomers?

View attachment 207715
Malon would be my choice. I think it'd be hilarious, and she appeared in enough games to be considered recurring.
Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap to be specific.
Ah, Malon.

Link's real waifu (don't @ me).

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Okay, I've had my fun. Thanks for the arena, Hinata Hinata and everyone else for the good games (even if I could hold my own only at the end there)!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wasn't sold on the prospect of literally ANY Zelda newcomer sans maybe like Midna or Ghirahim, but then I played Hyrule Warriors and saw Skull Kid kick a miniature moon like a soccerball into a group of enemies and I was like "yeah, there's moveset potential alright." **** was CASH-MONEY.

But then I was super disappointed with how Smash did everyone not named Link so eh, I guess you take what you can get.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I feel bad for not bidding everyone farewell from the arena properly. A splendid good games to you all!

Kinda happens when you're busy writing stuff at 3 in the morning...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, but when people say "Skull Kid for Smash!", they are talking about a specific Skull Kid with Majora's Mask, which only appeared in one game.
Isn't that Skull Kid the same the player talk too in OOT?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, but when people say "Skull Kid for Smash!", they are talking about a specific Skull Kid with Majora's Mask, which only appeared in one game.
Yeah, but that applies for a lot of people on that list too. Is anyone here actually interested in Impa outside OoT or Tetra outside WW?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not necessarily true. Dialogue at the end of MM heavily implies MM's Skull Kid is one of the three that Link met in OoT. Also, has it ever actually been confirmed that TP's Skull Kid is a different character? If so, that'd be news to me. Nothing ever confirmed that Skull Kids didn't have unnaturally long lifespans.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, but that applies for a lot of people on that list too. Is anyone here actually interested in Impa outside OoT or Tetra outside WW?
Skyward Sword Impa is a big emotional center of that entire story so.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think I'm having issues with my controller.

A button just stops doing inputs sometimes. It's never for very long but...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also, Skyward Sword probably has the best story in all of Zelda, besides Majora's Mask of course and maybe Link's Awakening, and is far too overlooked in that department.

Shroob

Sup?
Impa support I get, she's been in a lot of games and has shown to be pretty damn cool, and she'd be an easy echo of Sheik.

Tingle support I get, he's been in a lot of games and even had his own spinoff franchise.

Midna and Ghirahim support I get. Despite being only in one game they were pivitol to said games.

Skull Kid support I get, I'm biased as **** towards Majora's Mask.

Vaati tho...?

ehhh

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’ve been trying to think of stuff to make her a bit more of a unique echo, so far I’m imagining her neutral being a flintlock pistol that functions similarly to Sheik’s needles.
Tetra does use the Light Arrows as Zelda. I'd switch her Side Special with the Flinklock, or maybe Deku Nuts or something, instead.

You could also give her the Grappling Hook as her Up Special and Grab.

Wait, no, making it her Up Special is a terrible idea (how good is Ivysaur's Up Special? :laugh:) Unless you make her, like, swing it around like a Helicopter or something.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh I know, but that's basically it. He's been MIA longer than K.Rool afaik, and he wasn't even deemed important enough to appear in Hyrule Warriors.
I'm not much of a Vaati for Smash guy, but Vaati's absence from Hyrule Warriors utterly baffles me, especially when many of it's other warriors are ensemble darkhorses among the Zelda fanbase.

D

Deleted member

Impa support I get, she's been in a lot of games and has shown to be pretty damn cool, and she'd be an easy echo of Sheik.

Tingle support I get, he's been in a lot of games and even had his own spinoff franchise.

Midna and Ghirahim support I get. Despite being only in one game they were pivitol to said games.

Skull Kid support I get, I'm biased as **** towards Majora's Mask.

Vaati tho...?

ehhh
A lot of the support to some characters don't make much sense to our eyes, but there are some people that most likely have nostalgia for certain characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not much of a Vaati for Smash guy, but Vaati's absence from Hyrule Warriors utterly baffles me, especially when many of it's other warriors are ensemble darkhorses among the Zelda fanbase.
It's because Vaati isn't even a dark horse.

He's legitimately forgotten.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I think I'm having issues with my controller.

A button just stops doing inputs sometimes. It's never for very long but...
I have issues with two left joy-cons. This grey one I use kinda-sorta works, and is ironically more functional than the Odyssey joy-cons I got in 2017, despite being older and treated no differently.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Skyward Sword Impa is a big emotional center of that entire story so.
Oh yeah, she's a great testament to the writing of SS with her unwavering dedication to Zelda, but at the same time, I doubt anyone wants to play as that version of her, due in no part due to her unconventional design and total lack of any combat feats.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tetra as en echo fighter doesn't appeal to me.

Personally, I'd much prefer her to be a unique fighter using pirate gear, or at the very least a semi-clone of Sheik or Toon Link.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tetra as en echo fighter doesn't appeal to me.

Personally, I'd much prefer her to be a unique fighter using pirate gear, or at the very least a semi-clone of Sheik or Toon Link.
I was completely sold on Tetra in HW where she had this super neat sword+gun combo where she tossed and flipped them around giving extra flair to her attacks. Unfortunately, she wasn't particularly great for AoE, but still super fun.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Honestly, at this point I'd take any fully unique newcomer from Zelda. I don't have any qualms about who it might be; the Zelda part of the roster is crying out for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom