• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The very second Joker comes out, I'm making an arena where everyone is only allowed to play him.

Anyone who deviates from this plan shall be removed from the arena.
I wonder how many people here are going to be day 1 Joker mains?

I am. Just waiting on that stock icon to add to my signature. :202:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
**** IT

MAH RIDLEY IS GONNA WIN

I CAN TELL

Fake it til you make it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mean, just look at this:

At least the crew were able to find a good reason for why Grievous was much weaker in Revenge of the Sith, so the show leads into it better. Since Windu force crushed his chest in the last episode, the transition from an acrobatic and terrifyingly skilled badass to a coughing, crippled tank makes perfect sense, but it's still a shame that we couldn't see Grievous living up to his reputation very often after this show ended.

It's not like his personality is completely different from the film or 3D Clone Wars, either. His arrogance is still there in this show, he's just a lot less talkative than he is in later portrayals. My only issue with the difference in portrayals is that he never really proved to be that dangerous on his own outside of this show.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I wonder how many people here are going to be day 1 Joker mains?

I am. Just waiting on that stock icon to add to my signature. :202:
I'm waitin' for my chance to rep him as my main in my posts.

From this point on, the only thing that could deviate me from being a Joker main forever is if Phoenix Wright gets in.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Huh... Well that's the first time I've seen K.Rool's belly armor shatter... and with Isabelle of all characters O.o;

osby

Smash Obsessed
I want the next Dorf to actually be a physical brawler this time to at least make his further Smash inclusion canonical now.

Like imagine you're fighting the Dorf and he suddenly lifts his foot over his head and axe kicks you so hard you goddamn explode.
*Smash*

*canon*

Which one?

D

Deleted member

Okay, what was that whole "500 years later" thing about.

What were those laughing voices coming from.

Now I'm confused.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want to fight some of you people in Smash someday.

When I do, expect to be greeted by a very lethal Jigglypuff. :ultjigglypuff:

My circle of online Brawl friends feared my Puff back in the day.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And that, my friends, is why I never play Little Mac.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just want a ganondorf that doesn't boil down to:

>dumb dumb pig man whos weaker and cant speak a full sentence (TLoZ, Awakening, Oracle, FSA, BoTW)
>possessed by some other ******** (ALBW)
>scrapped (Oracle)

ALttP did a Pig Ganon right and was the only time they did it right, how did they keep ****ing it up afterward?

D

Deleted member

Haven't touched ZSS much before, gotta say I was getting the hang of her by the end but still no match for Isabelle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, do you consider this a success or a concern?
Both :V

Success because Im not that garbage anymore (Oh gawd, looking back at the first 46 ones hurt physically; I did stick figures with boobs and I was proud of that ****, oh ****)

Concern because I should improve even more as I inch closer to Mythra #100 specially since I wanna do a mini comic of Her x Idunn that will make the number jump.

D

Deleted member

God rest his soul.
Mr. Stefan Karl seemed like a very nice dude and researching his career he did quite a number of good things for the world so you're absolutely right may his soul rest in peace.

Plus his personality always seemed so goofy, kind and lighthearted he seemed like a real nice dude and the way he embraced the memes was great.

Overall may the dude rest in peace he seemed like an absolutely fantastic dude.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Huh... Well that's the first time I've seen K.Rool's belly armor shatter... and with Isabelle of all characters O.o;
I guess we should fear the pocket damage multiplier. Because that totally bewildered me too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I decided to get serious and properly counted every single Mythra (not counting the ones are only heads) I have drawn since I started with all of this memery in late January

Today I completed Mythra #73
I don't think I'd be able to count all the art I've drawn of my favourite character (you know who it is, Mythra).

Nor do I want to.
Alright. NOW Sephiroth is dead.

Holy didn't do jack **** for stopping Meteor, but YOOOO

AERITH COMING ****ING THROUGH WITH THE CLUTCH.

I assume there's an after-credits scene, too.

So, I guess this is the end, huh?
Sephiroth's death is awesome.

I'm wondering if they edited the bit in the final scene where Tifa stumbles and her boobs are enormous for no adequately explained reason. It's fairly infamous.
Okay, what was that whole "500 years later" thing about.

What were those laughing voices coming from.

Now I'm confused.
I think it's meant to show that natural life has returned to Gaia and Midgar and Shinra are a relic of the past.

Also that Red XIII is still alive 500 years later.

They recreated the scene in Advent Children.

...You should play Crisis Core (the prequel about Zack).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Random thought:

Codename: S.T.E.A.M. Is an incredibly underrated game that didn't get the spotlight it deserved and that makes me sad because I don't think we'll ever get a sequel...

Shroob

Sup?
Biggest problem with Ganondorf is in how few games he's actually even IN. And when I mean Ganondorf, I don't mean Ganon.

He's in 3 ****ing games not counting Hyrule Warriors.

OoT he's just "The bad guy", he really has very little depth due to N64-era games.

TP he's "The ass pull" and really didn't need to exist at all, and was probably only thrown in since "It's a 3d Zelda, we need Ganondorf"

Wind Waker is the best characterization of 'Dorf and made me actually sympathize with him some.

D

Deleted member

Sephiroth's death is awesome.

I'm wondering if they edited the bit in the final scene where Tifa stumbles and her boobs are enormous for no adequately explained reason. It's fairly infamous.

I think it's meant to show that natural life has returned to Gaia and Midgar and Shinra are a relic of the past.

Also that Red XIII is still alive 500 years later.

They recreated the scene in Advent Children.

...You should play Crisis Core (the prequel about Zack).
Oh nah, Tifa's **** are still huge. Everything in the Switch version is kept.

Even the 144p cutscenes.

Even then, I'd definitely recommend this game, a strong 8 to light 9 out of ten from me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Biggest problem with Ganondorf is in how few games he's actually even IN. And when I mean Ganondorf, I don't mean Ganon.

OoT he's just "The bad guy", he really has very little depth due to N64-era games.

TP he's "The *** pull" and really didn't need to exist at all, and was probably only thrown in since "It's a 3d Zelda, we need Ganondorf"

Wind Waker is the best characterization of 'Dorf and made me actually sympathize with him some.
On one hand, I actually very much liked Ganondorf's involvement in both OoT and TP.

On the other hand, I fully agree that WW's characterization of him is the best one by far.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

TP he's "The *** pull" and really didn't need to exist at all, and was probably only thrown in since "It's a 3d Zelda, we need Ganondorf"

He just wanted that good-ass wind, man...

D

Deleted member

Thus, I now have two Final Fantasy games under my belt. IX and VII were fantastic and all...
But now, as you see in my signature now...

Time for the real ****.

Final Fantasy X should be a blast.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

Any time you feel like givin' the rest of us a chance to even remotely feel like we can win, that'd be nice. :p

D

Deleted member

Random thought:

Codename: S.T.E.A.M. Is an incredibly underrated game that didn't get the spotlight it deserved and that makes me sad because I don't think we'll ever get a sequel...
Agreed, it got bad rep due the expectation of Majora's Mask 3D at the time. I feel that the art-style could have been better though, and having a comic book artist could have helped a lot.

Shroob

Sup?
And then there's Demise.

Like, okay, sure, it makes sense that Ganondorf would have his origin during the same time as Link and Zelda's, but literally all he is is "I'm a demon, therefore I'm evil. I'm evil, therefore I am."

It's such a bland characterization when we've already seen Ganondorf have motives in the 'future' that just aren't evil for evil's sake.

:drshrug:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Yeah but at the end of the day any character development he could get was ****ed over by Skyward Sword because muh curse and ganons always evil hes the evil guy thats the curse and nothing more to justify his actions.

When BOTW first got shown, lots of theories were saying that the red-headed depiction of Link was Ganon trying to conquer his own fate so he wouldn't have to suffer reincarnation over and over.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Aight, after getting completely schooled by a party popper, I'll be taking my leave.

make no mistake Karnera, this means war.

View attachment 207707
Lmfao, I hate missing out on these comments. You people oughta tag me from now on.

This scares me.

This Isabelle...

Is she actually a dark lord?
Well my avi happens to be a cinnamon roll with darkness powers so... maybe?

Nah. That's just KarneraMythos KarneraMythos

So yeah, be very afraid of his :ultmegaman::ultzelda: and :ultisabelle:
I also use Ike, Palutena, and Mii Fighter, but hardly ever ^^;

I guess we should fear the pocket damage multiplier. Because that totally bewildered me too.
Tell me about it... I always need to keep an eye out on that stuff if I'm fighting reflectors and either Isabelle or Villager as Mega Man. Their "Pocket Sand!" shenanigans can be a doozy...

KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
Any time you feel like givin' the rest of us a chance to even remotely feel like we can win, that'd be nice. :p
Bad excuse incoming: I've tried giving it up 3 matches ago, but the moment I finally regain control of my buttons, BAM! Next person wants to go up against best doggo. I'll have to call it a night for now. I'm gonna be hunting Bagons tomorrow- errr, today*

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wanna fight Mythos again.

I feel like I can solve the riddle...

But that's really hard when I have to wait several minutes after a loss.

D

Deleted member

I really suck big at random...

I wish I could give better fights tonight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ganon's just filler endgame boss material at this point in the series. They really only care about Link and Zelda. Ganon is just an unga bunga final monster and every now and again they pump up the nostalgia juice and go "Hey, remember when we made good villains?"

Just give me ****ing Ghirahim if they're gonna imply Fi is still alive at the end of BoTW. At least he was a fun time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh nah, Tifa's **** are still huge. Everything in the Switch version is kept.
Ah, good. The universe is still in balance.

I think Nomura or somebody else in the Dev time actually claimed that they had to make Tifa's **** huge in those CG scenes for Polygon Count reasons; it was huge or flat, no inbetween. Don't know if that's a true anecdote or not, but if it is it's probably a lie anyway and the Dev team are just perverts.
Even the 144p cutscenes.

Even then, I'd definitely recommend this game, a strong 8 to light 9 out of ten from me.
FF7 is the favourite of many for a reason, whether it's the best is purely opinion, but it's definitely a good game and at least, like, among the top 5 best Final Fantasy games.

I should play FF9 at some point.
I wanna fight Mythos again.

I feel like I can solve the riddle...

But that's really hard when I have to wait several minutes after a loss.
Swampy slowly turning into Goku.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tonight is not my night...

I must be more tired then I thought...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ganon's just filler endgame boss material at this point in the series. They really only care about Link and Zelda. Ganon is just an unga bunga final monster and every now and again they pump up the nostalgia juice and go "Hey, remember when we made good villains?"

Just give me ****ing Ghirahim if they're gonna imply Fi is still alive at the end of BoTW. At least he was a fun time.
Ghirahim is best Zelda villain of all time ever.

Would main, day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom