• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tetra and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule being playable in Warriors made me really happy.

But believe it not, you know what made me even happier?

Medli being a Warrior.

I always really liked her character arc in WW, and enjoyed adventuring in the Earth Temple with her a great deal, so seeing her receive such an honor and get that kind of attention from Nintendo again really made my day.

It's because Vaati isn't even a dark horse.

He's legitimately forgotten.
I get that, but I'm not sure why.

He still had quite the following around the time of HW's development, didn't he?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For real, what are some of your folks' thoughts on Tetra as a newcomer, as of now?

She's my most wanted newcomer (used to roughly tie with K. Rool, until he got confirmed) and I've been managing her support thread for Ultimate. It's been dead as a doornail lately, though, so I'm curious as to what some of you around other parts of the site think.
I support it. It’s sort of a meme choice but considering the history of Tetris it could make a lot of sense if they sat down and thought about how to make it work. We should at least have a Tetris stage
I think I'm having issues with my controller.

A button just stops doing inputs sometimes. It's never for very long but...
its not your control. I believe it’s a WiFi glitch. Happens to me on occasion. It even happened last night actually. No idea on why it happens or how to fix it right away but it can be pesky

D

Deleted member

Looks like somethin' happened with Shoto specifically, and only they got kicked.
Yeah something happened and I got kicked out, I assume my internet messed up for a quick second so that's why it kicked only me out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if we want to get technical, every character that appears in hw has technically appeared more then once if you count hw.

Id even say if you count the ports as separate things since they added a lot in each port, then a lot of characters have multiple appearances.

Also imo zelda should get 3 more reps who gave importance to the franchise.

Tingle: helps you put a few times and has been present a lot. Got his own games and is very big in japan.

Impa: in almost every game, relevant to the plot and a pretty badass character. She really should be in at this point.

Linkle: redefines the concept of Zelda and became sort of a poster character in hyrule warriors a huge and big game that’s had 3 massively successful ports. She opens up so much more for the future and can easily come back. She could rep the spinoffs a bit and would be pretty fun.

Is throw tetra in here, but it’s hard to validate her when she would likely be tied to toon zelda and doesn’t fit this list as well the . But in theory she would still be a decent pick if we were to get representation from the toon zelda franchise

...You know I said Tetra, not Tetris, right? :p
Oh lol. I read that way off.

It’s late, but I think she would be nice, but it’s hard to justify her being separate from zelda(toon form) so Sakurai probably wouldn’t think to work more with tetra then toon zelda to really change up that moveset and make her unique. I’d be interested to see it.

We should honestly get impa above all first considering her appearances and importance though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was completely sold on Tetra in HW where she had this super neat sword+gun combo where she tossed and flipped them around giving extra flair to her attacks. Unfortunately, she wasn't particularly great for AoE, but still super fun.
I'm glad to hear that. I do that doubt Sakurai would take direct cues from HW when and if looking at a moveset for Tetra, but I still think the game can serve as a good example of what she could do in Smash.

She's still got access to guns and different swords, plus cannons that could fire huge bombs, maybe they could even incorporate her ship's catapult into her moveset in some way. I know what's been said about guns in Smash, but WW's tone and artstyle is cartoonish enough that she could fire far less realistic and instead much more comical bullets from it. Going back to how they don't have to (and probably wouldn't) take direct cues from Warriors, they don't necessarily have to be water elemental guns either like in HW, either. Just let the girl use her flintlock pistols again, some way, some how.

I'm plenty convinced that Tetra's got enough pirate equipment to be a near fully unique newcomer.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm glad to hear that. I do that doubt Sakurai would take direct cues from HW when and if looking at a moveset for Tetra, but I still think the game can serve as a good example of what she could do in Smash.

She's still got access to guns and different swords, plus cannons that could fire huge bombs, maybe they could even incorporate her ship's catapult into her moveset in some way. I know what's been said about guns in Smash, but WW's tone and artstyle is cartoonish enough that she could fire far less realistic and instead much more comical bullets from it. Going back to how they don't have to (and probably wouldn't) take direct cues from Warriors, they don't necessarily have to be water elemental guns either like in HW, either. Just let the girl use her flintlock pistols again, some way, some how.

I'm plenty convinced that Tetra's got enough pirate equipment to be a near fully unique newcomer.
I like the idea of her pirate crew being just offscreen to assist her in her attacks in a similar way to Duck Hunt's Zapper guy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I like the idea of her pirate crew being just offscreen to assist her in her attacks in a similar way to Duck Hunt's Zapper guy.
Her Final Smash could be a Broadside from her Pirate Ship, taking the form of an "Airstrike".

Cannon Balls raining down from the sky.

:ultkrool:: Hey, she stole my thing!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It must be because you don't have any mods in there.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's brilliant, honestly. I'd love to see her using moves that work as her lining out targets for her crew to fire rocks or bombs at, via catapult and cannons, respectively.

Thinking about it again, my current stance on Tetra is very similar to the stance I had on Isabelle before she was confirmed. Yeah, Tetra could logically work simply as a clone or an echo, but she also has more than enough material and resources to work with to be a unique fighter, or at the very least a semi-clone on Luigi's level. I thought Isabelle could've reasonably been an echo, semi-clone or a unique fighter, and what she turned out to be is more or less a semi-clone. The fact that she has unique moves gave me more hope that Tetra could easily be unique as well, if she ever did make the cut.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Aw.

My Switch is nowhere near me or I'd hop on for a few matches and let you guys beat me up for a bit.
Eh, don't worry about it. It's damn near 2 AM where I live, and I'm about to close up shop for today.

But hey, if you're around tomorrow, I'd love the chance to smack you around so I could say I beat a Smashboards mod. :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Eh, don't worry about it. It's damn near 2 AM where I live, and I'm about to close up shop for today.

But hey, if you're around tomorrow, I'd love the chance to smack you around so I could say I beat a Smashboards mod. :p
Just tag me when you're gonna play and if I'm around I'm all yours.

I still haven't played with any of you guys since I got demolished two weeks ago. That *** stung.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Her Final Smash could be a Broadside from her Pirate Ship, taking the form of an "Airstrike".

Cannon Balls raining down from the sky.

:ultkrool:: Hey, she stole my thing!
That just reminded me of an awesome trailer idea our fellow Tetra supporter Cap’nKazam Cap’nKazam came up with.

If Tetra were to join Ultimate's cast and get a trailer of her own, I think it's almost a necessity for K. Rool to show up as part of the CGI animation. Dude's a pirate himself, and in Ultimate he's been fairly heavily associated with Wind Waker's Pirate Ship stage. He'd make a perfect rival for Tetra in her trailer.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know with all the Microsoft love the Switch is and will be getting I wonder how far off Rare Replay really is...

D

Deleted member

Well another Communication error occurred but I think that's all from me tonight.

GG's everyone! and thanks for hosting the Arena Hinata Hinata !

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well another Communication error occurred but I think that's all from me tonight.

GG's everyone! and thanks for hosting the Arena Hinata Hinata !
No prob, mate. I'll probably host another one tomorrow, so keep an eye out if you're interested.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Oof, this session was probably the worst I've played recently. Definitely not like previous arenas. I guess being busy with university and not being able to play that much affected me more than I thought. I'll have to grind more.
Ggs to everyone and thanks Hinata Hinata for the Arena.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
One of these days I’ll have to try and join one of your arenas. I still lag out arenas with my friend who lives ten minutes down the road though so I may well entirely break your games with glorious -1 fps.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hate the fact that my capture card is incompatible with my new PC. I didn't even think about the new mobo not having a PCI slot, so now I've got this card just sitting in an anti-static bag not doing anything.

Otherwise I'd stream an arena I'm hosting like Hinata Hinata and Moydow Moydow do sometimes. Or set up some other entertainment for the hell of it.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
GGs again everyone. Thanks for hosting the arena Hinata Hinata

I apologize if I came off a bit salty in my previous posts, but I'm having a bit of a character crisis w/ Ridley right now. (Which is the real reason why I just went Random).

So for the time being, Bowser is my main while I figure whether or not I still want to play Ridley.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
D

Deleted member

As much as I'd day1 buy RR on Switch, it's a "I'll believe it when I see it" sorta deal.
I would've been in the same boat as you

until NateDrake naenae'd on us and now we got Cuphead this month, Ori and the Blind Forest @ E3 (in addition to the Australian listing mistake) and probably more we don't know of

And speaking of Microsoft, I recently did a quick edit in case I somehow live at E3, dunno if I wanna show it just yet. :denzel:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll just leave this here. :nifty:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I-
As much as I'd day1 buy RR on Switch, it's a "I'll believe it when I see it" sorta deal.
Yeah, what Shroob said.

Like, I think it'll happen but... I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Rare hasn't been on Nintendo since 2002... wait a minute. 2007. But still that's over a decade.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hate the fact that my capture card is incompatible with my new PC. I didn't even think about the new mobo not having a PCI slot, so now I've got this card just sitting in an anti-static bag not doing anything.

Otherwise I'd stream an arena I'm hosting like Hinata Hinata and Moydow Moydow do sometimes. Or set up some other entertainment for the hell of it.
I've always wanted to be a livestreamer. It's part of the reason I bought my capture card in the first place.

But I hate the way my voice sounds, so it's not in the cards for me at the moment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Shroob

Sup?
jason schreier of kotaku saying that P5S is not P5 switch, P5 the royal is PS4-exclusive, and doesn't know if P5 switch is even a thing at all

that's... pretty bad, not gonna sugar coat it. i don't like kotaku all that much, but schreier is incredibly well-connected, and one of the only insiders i'll pay any attention to when he starts making bigger claims like this.
I mean, I kind of figured the Royale portion of it would be PS4 exclusive.

S not being the Switch port suddenly throws Best Buy Direct into question, sadly.

D

Deleted member

jason schreier of kotaku saying that P5S is not P5 switch, P5 the royal is PS4-exclusive, and doesn't know if P5 switch is even a thing at all

that's... pretty bad, not gonna sugar coat it. i don't like kotaku all that much, but schreier is incredibly well-connected, and one of the only insiders i'll pay any attention to when he starts making bigger claims like this.
Didn't he also say that the recent Microsoft rumors weren't true?

Cause I almost vividly remember when he said that, the Ori and the Blind Forest Switch listing for one Australian website came up, only adding more credence to what NateDrake broke out before.

I'd hold my breath.

EDIT: Just found out, it wasn't Australian, but from the UK.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._for_switch_spotted_in_uk_wholesale_database1

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

No skin off my nose, sucks for those that wanted to play P5 on Switch though.

Gives em more time to play the other Persona games I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom