• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
i was dubious on S being Switch because the reveal site very specifically mentioned "we will show you new phantom thieves" - as in, it doesn't feature the same characters. whatever it is, it seems more likely to actually be a spinoff of sorts.
It depends on how you interpret the syntax.

"We will show - you new Phantom Thieves" (as in, We'll show Persona to New Players/Switch owners)
or
"We will show you - new Phantom Thieves" (as in, We have New Characters to show).

Considering how ambiguous Japanese can be, I can see either happening, to be honest.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I returned from a walk two hours ago and I'm still wheezing. I should get out of my room more.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

"We will show - you new Phantom Thieves" (as in, We'll show Persona to New Players/Switch owners)
or
"We will show you - new Phantom Thieves" (as in, We have New Characters to show).

Considering how ambiguous Japanese can be, I can see either happening, to be honest.
it was more clear cut than that than in my paraphrasing: the full quote is "we will show you new Phantom Thieves that will overturn the world's cognition and perceptions"

"phantom thieves that" grammatically suggests those 'overturning' cognitions are 'the new phantom thieves'

osby

Smash Obsessed

or

"Ambigious" wouldn't be the word I'd use, but yeah, it's very contex heavy. That's why I try not to read too much into teasers until April 25th.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm a little late to the Joker discussion but obviously they put in Joker just for the purpose of representing Personal Q2. I mean it's already written in the Book of Unbreakable Rules of Smash Bros Speculation™ that characters are only allowed to be in Smash Brothers if they appeared on a Nintendo console before, so there's no other reason they could have added him.

It's the same reason Cloud's gameplay is themed around spamming Up Air to a beat, to represent the rhythm-based gameplay of Theatrythm Final Fantasy for 3DS. That's also why the pony-tail alt for Joker isn't going to be that red-haired girl but rather Rise Kujikawa, who I just discovered existed through a google search and know nothing about her actual abilities.

Okay but for real though, while it doesn't make a huge difference to me whether Persona 5 makes to Switch or not, I do think it's going to happen. Even if AttP being on the list is weird as heck that Best Buy leak still seems more like an Intern-kun slip up then a "prank" to me. I still feel like it'd be more fishy if it wasn't true then if it was.

Wait why am I calling the Best Buy guy Intern-kun if Best Buy is not a Japanese-based company? Oh gosh first my new avatar and now this I'm turning into a weeb send help.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm a little late to the Joker discussion but obviously they put in Joker just for the purpose of representing Personal Q2. I mean it's already written in the Book of Unbreakable Rules of Smash Bros Speculation™ that characters are only allowed to be in Smash Brothers if they appeared on a Nintendo console before, so there's no reason they could have added him.

It's the same reason Cloud's gameplay is themed around spamming Up Air to a beat, to represent the rhythm-based gameplay of Theatrythm Final Fantasy for 3DS. That's also why the pony-tail alt for Joker isn't going to be that red-haired girl but rather Rise Kujikawa, who I just discovered existed through a google search and know nothing about her actual abilities.

Okay but for real though, while it doesn't make a huge difference to me whether Persona 5 makes to Switch or not, I do think it's going to happen. Even if AttP being on the list is weird as heck that Best Buy leak still seems more like an Intern-kun slip up then a "prank" to me. I still feel like it'd be more fishy if it wasn't true then if it was.

Wait why am I calling the Best Buy guy Intern-kun if Best Buy is not a Japanese-based company? Oh gosh first my new avatar and now this I'm turning into a weeb send help.
This post was a wild ride from start to finish.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh gosh first my new avatar and now this I'm turning into a weeb send help.
If you enjoy any sort of Japanese culture or media, you're a weeb by default.

And assuming we're on a site dedicated to discussing a crossover game from one of the biggest names in Japanese gaming...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So like, what’s the appeal in horror games and films? Personally, I don’t particularly enjoy being scared, by it’s been an enormously popular genre for years and years.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So like, what’s the appeal in horror games and films? Personally, I don’t particularly enjoy being scared, by it’s been an enormously popular genre for years and years.
Maybe this video will help...

video without the thumnail

Warning: Language and graphic imagery, ESPECIALLY with Junji Ito being shown...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Eh, I mean, for me most horror games I have played the jumpscares wear off, and don’t scare me anymore, so that’s why I am ok with playing them. I feel like horror games kind of immerse you in their world with the atmosphere.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've never had the stomach for true horror, but ever since I played Metroid: Fusion (not really a true horror game, but uses horror elements well) I kind of understood the appeal. It's exciting, and the fear you might get from it isn't necessarily the same as the fear you might feel from actual danger. Even if you're scared in the moment it's easy to look back and laugh at how you reacted afterwards.

There's also some morbid curiosity at play. People naturally have a urge to learn about things that are creepy or disturbing. I'm personally far too squeamish and easily grossed out to handle gore though.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wow.

My depression causes me to sleep through most of the day, so I'm seeing faces I never normally see.

Surreal :dr^_^:

well at least you're looking on the bright side of the sleep deprivation, silver lining there seeing people you wouldnt normally.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Pyra Pyra , while I don't know if you already talked about it or not since I probably miss in the former case, but what did you think of
The Abandonned City moment, where Rex & Pyra realize that the Elysium that they saw in Pyra's dream wasn't real and all that's left are just ruin? With this haunting music playing in the background as you visit the ruin of this once human civilization?
What? I'm being overdramatical? Pfff, as if. :v

osby

Smash Obsessed
Horror can be a great character study to show how people act under extreme stress, especially in thrillers and works that use surreal/psychological horror.

Slasher/monster flicks mostly are just for cheap emotional rush, though.

D

Deleted member

Horror can be a great character study to show how people act under extreme stress, especially in thrillers and works that use surreal/psychological horror.

Slasher/monster flicks mostly are just for cheap emotional rush, though.
Basically this.

Speaking of which, my cousins wanted me to make this. I'm sorry.
1555155408659.png

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Holy **** it rained here. god bless.

The last week was consistently 105°F/41°C temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom