• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You aren't getting away that easily!
I've been through what you're feeling and it really is just a matter of taking that first step from what I find. Even if you take that step and then just stop, it plants that desire for improvement in your mind and can in the future give you that dedication you need.
That’s also what my therapist says too, it doesn’t necessarily fix my issue as much as make me yell at myself the whole time while doing something sometimes lol

Like, my problem isn’t that I’m “bad at drawing”. I’m glad I’m getting better at it- however, that also scares me because I know I’ll eventually drop it at a point just like everything else I try to do.

I’m well aware of “the process” and “the grind” my friends

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
If your in a fighting game, what do you want to be a Semi-Clone of?

Honestly, I’m wanna be a Semi-Clone of Elphelt (Guilty Gear) that’s more focused around guns, spacing and zoning. Moves are more weapon based, and also has an item inventory mechanic.

I’m also more potentially easier to play than elphelt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smogon is a whole different story.
smogon.jpeg

Do not worry, that bad nomination was not from me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
D

Deleted member

That’s also what my therapist says too, it doesn’t necessarily fix my issue as much as make me yell at myself the whole time while doing something sometimes lol

Like, my problem isn’t that I’m “bad at drawing”. I’m glad I’m getting better at it- however, that also scares me because I know I’ll eventually drop it at a point just like everything else I try to do.

I’m well aware of “the process” and “the grind” my friends
let's get this bread gamers
Well, I hope for the best for ya, good luck.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I get the distinct feeling I’m not explaining myself well enough.

I am mentally unwell and knowing all that actually ends up making it worse in my head because it makes me feel like I know how I SHOULD be acting but I can’t shake the mood so it ends up becoming a feedback loop

Eh. Maybe I shouldn’t have brought it up tbh I vent too much here

Never mind y’all I’m ok
Don't beat yourself up over it.

It's okay to feel like you aren't improving fast enough, it's okay to think you can do better.

Try to use those feelings to motivate you instead of letting them get you down.

If you ever feel like you aren't improving, go back and look at your early/first works, and remind yourself of how far you've come.

About the gaming aspect, learning the entire roster to become at least decent with all of them is a good thing, because it gives you knowledge to both play as and combat that character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
we have moved from the age of primitive CGI and entered the age of Good CGI but Everything is a Remake or an Adaptation Now

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
let's get this bread gamers
Well, I hope for the best for ya, good luck.
Thanks dude. It’s just a thing that comes and goes which is probably why I need to stop venting about it. Ain’t gonna suddenly stop pretty much ever so
Don't beat yourself up over it.

It's okay to feel like you aren't improving fast enough, it's okay to think you can do better.

Try to use those feelings to motivate you instead of letting them get you down.

If you ever feel like you aren't improving, go back and look at your early/first works, and remind yourself of how far you've come.

About the gaming aspect, learning the entire roster to become at least decent with all of them is a good thing, because it gives you knowledge to both play as and combat that character.
I only brought the Gaming thing up to try and illustrate my problem in a less abstract way than with learning skills

Also... mate I know you mean well, and I appreciate how much you care, I really do, but I usually can’t control how I feel during an OCD episode haha... otherwise I wouldn’t be this unhealthy

D

Deleted member

I wish we would get some more original ideas holy ****
Exactly my thoughts!
I am getting a little tired of the endless remakes.
I want Disney to make a new movie out of fresh air rather than remakes and sequels.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thanks dude. It’s just a thing that comes and goes which is probably why I need to stop venting about it. Ain’t gonna suddenly stop pretty much ever so

I only brought the Gaming thing up to try and illustrate my problem in a less abstract way than with learning skills

Also... mate I know you mean well, and I appreciate how much you care, I really do, but I usually can’t control how I feel during an OCD episode haha... otherwise I wouldn’t be this unhealthy
I can actually relate to worrying about starting and dropping stuff, since I'm guilty of that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom