• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , are you going to be available tomorrow?
You know it. ;^)

Being honest tomorrow's a pretty busy day, but that gives time for people to ask questions.

I'll be at my computer from 8:30pm MST until I go to sleep (around 1:00am MST) so I can answer questions then. I can also make time in/in between classes (I've only got lectures on Friday and I'm doing well in the classes so I can afford to not really pay attention).

Is that good?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not sorry.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
You all have to suffer.
So what can I say except, “you’re welcome!”
For being an easy to kill enemy!
What can I say except, “you’re welcome!”
I’ll still come for Mario Party!

D

Deleted member

Kinda regret saying anything haha. Feel like I vent too much.

In short, I feel like I’ll never get good at anything. As soon as I make my way in that direction, my brain pulls me away from it

Besides drawing, an easy example is in competitive video games. Instead of sticking to the character I know I can work, I “get bored” with them and character hop until I’m generally okayish with everyone and feel ultimately unaccomplished.

That’s how it is with trying to develop skills in anything too.
Hey, you can play the game how you want to play.
You will get good if you keep on trying. Your art is already super good.
I hope your future events lean to positivity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

In short, I feel like I’ll never get good at anything. As soon as I make my way in that direction, my brain pulls me away from it

Besides drawing, an easy example is in competitive video games. Instead of sticking to the character I know I can work, I “get bored” with them and character hop until I’m generally okayish with everyone and feel ultimately unaccomplished.

You know how it is though, right?

No one's good at first, and sure it'll take a while, but you will get better. Ignore the doubt, it only exists to stop you from achieving your dreams.

jakesuc.gif

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Which Smash character do you guys think would transition well in both gameplay, and design/art style if they are in Guilty Gear Xrd?
Captain Falcon. He's made for every stylish fighter.

He could even be in FighterZ and not look too out of place due to Great Saiyaman.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know how it is though, right?

No one's good at first, and sure it'll take a while, but you will get better. Ignore the doubt, it only exists to stop you from achieving your dreams.

View attachment 207301
I think being aware of that fact is one of the primary reasons that this feeling is amplified in my head. Becomes an obsession, then a compulsion, and then I just get really sad for a while lol...

“Wow I suck at this lol”
“No everyone sucks at first”
“I know that but I still feel ****ty”
Back and forth ad infinitum

D

Deleted member

I think being aware of that fact is one of the primary reasons that this feeling is amplified in my head. Becomes an obsession, then a compulsion, and then I just get really sad for a while lol...

“Wow I suck at this lol”
Hey, you are really good at drawing though.
You also seem smart, and you would fit the role for a good leader.

D

Deleted member

“Wow I suck at this lol”
Man, I understand. A lot of the time it can feel really hard to muster up the dedication to just practice, but that really is the solution most of the time. Perhaps lower your bar a bit? Like with whatever you're trying to get skilled at, just do a few minutes every day consistently and that routine helps you improve.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Man, **** Bowser

I take like 3 hits and I just die?

I'm beginning to wonder if my playstyle in general just struggles against heavies, though, since I seem to have a hard time against basically all of them. I probably need to lay off the aggressiveness against them a bit.
-Hits Bowser a lot of times and makes smart maneuvers
-Dies from a forward smash at 50%
View attachment 207296
I know exactly how you feel.
Uh... yeah. That's kind of the point of a heavy.

The reason why I play them so often is that I'm pretty decent at baiting and punishing / reading your movements.

So it doesn't really matter how many hits you land on me. If you can't kill me, then I can kill you with a few very good reads.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

You aren't going to be immediately good at drawing, you need to build up muscle memory and control first.

Noipoi

Howdy!

“Wow I suck at this lol”
I've been trying super hard over the past year to learn how to animate, and i've made barely any progress.

I know that feel. man. But I also know that we can make it if we try

cat-hugs.jpg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man, I understand. A lot of the time it can feel really hard to muster up the dedication to just practice, but that really is the solution most of the time. Perhaps lower your bar a bit? Like with whatever you're trying to get skilled at, just do a few minutes every day consistently and that routine helps you improve.
Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

You aren't going to be immediately good at drawing, you need to build up muscle memory and control first.
I get the distinct feeling I’m not explaining myself well enough.

I am mentally unwell and knowing all that actually ends up making it worse in my head because it makes me feel like I know how I SHOULD be acting but I can’t shake the mood so it ends up becoming a feedback loop

Eh. Maybe I shouldn’t have brought it up tbh I vent too much here

Never mind y’all I’m ok

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I've never seen this movie, so I'm seeing this out of context. All I know is that supposedly this character sucks.
That's in the third movie though. We don't speak of that one.

In the second movie he's just a cool scorpion dude who ****s **** up.

D

Deleted member

I have stared into the void, and it stared back.
confused.jpeg
Uh... yeah. That's kind of the point of a heavy.

The reason why I play them so often is that I'm pretty decent at baiting and punishing / reading your movements.

So it doesn't really matter how many hits you land on me. If you can't kill me, then I can kill you with a few very good reads.
You are good at reading moves. :p
What motivated you to choose Bowser?

D

Deleted member

I am mentally unwell and knowing all that actually ends up making it worse in my head because it makes me feel like I know how I SHOULD be acting but I can’t shake the mood so it ends up becoming a feedback loop

Never mind y’all I’m ok
Hey, you can vent all you want in here.
We will be glad to help.
I am glad to hear you are okay!

D

Deleted member

Never mind y’all I’m ok
You aren't getting away that easily!
I've been through what you're feeling and it really is just a matter of taking that first step from what I find. Even if you take that step and then just stop, it plants that desire for improvement in your mind and can in the future give you that dedication you need.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Never mind y’all I’m ok
I am sorry to hear that you are mentally unwell, Pyra. I really hope and wish the best for you. May better things come your way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah, the dark age of cinema, where Hollywood thought CG was the answer to everything
CG is the answer to every Marvel movie nowadays tho.

But then again, the new MCU didn't live in an age where 2004 Spider-Man 2 CGI made Doc Ock look like a PS2 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom