• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Remember when Urobuchi decided to just nuke America in one of his shows? As in, America literally gets hit by nukes? And how this is never brought up again despite howthis is an event that would completely change the world?
Man, this Madoka show is great! I, too, believe that, uh, [checks notes] girls should be punished for...having ambitions??

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm probably going to get on everyone's hitlist for this, but I would love Bubsy in Smash. I was one of the few kids that actually enjoyed the game (I realize why everyone hates it, but I was a kid). He'd be a funny character, especially if Sakurai focused on his ridiculous animations and gave him purposefully really bad weaknesses. Wouldn't be high tier, but would be fun.

D

Deleted member

Hey how’s it going. Been thinking about Sonic Adventure a lot lately.

Speaking of Sonic Adventure someone on TCRF discord uploaded this from the PC version.

They ported over a ghost, another unused element from the AutoDemo prototype.

For a while (since 2013 actually) we only had these two textures which are completely gone in the final:

"d128obake1a" and "d128obake2a" in the Autodemo OBJ_MOUNTAIN, Red Mountain’s object texture file. Noone really knew what used these textures or what the object looked like though people did speculate that it might belong to a ghost.

In 2017, coolsupersonic (one of the masterminds behind the Beta Windy Valley restoration project) dug around through the code and found this model.

Yes, this spooky lad was lurking through Red Mountain’s data.

It does have an animation where it stretches up and down in a ghostly fashion but this object goes unreferenced in Red Mountain, lacks any coding or a proper name. This means that it was cut early on in development, was left in the code and forgotten about until the game was nearing release where someone likely noticed its existence and removed it.
Speaking of SA1 and the Beta Windy Valley Restoration Project, why does the level design in the beta look so much...better? Like, it looks waaaay more like actual 2D Sonic level design translated into 3D than any of the final build levels in SA1 do.

Anyways, that spooky lad is an interesting find. I wonder if Red Mountain was originally going to be more haunted, maybe something akin to Pumpkin Hill?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm probably going to get on everyone's hitlist for this, but I would love Bubsy in Smash. I was one of the few kids that actually enjoyed the game (I realize why everyone hates it, but I was a kid). He'd be a funny character, especially if Sakurai focused on his ridiculous animations and gave him purposefully really bad weaknesses. Wouldn't be high tier, but would be fun.
hello yes i'd like to retract my fighter's pass purchase

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, this Madoka show is great! I, too, believe that, uh, [checks notes] girls should be punished for...having ambitions??
I mean yeah, obviously.

Don't you know ambitions are evil?

Only criminals want things, good boys and girls want for nothing and accept their lot and station in life.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
God, that kind of completely misses the point of Ryuki in which one person's ambition can be enough to change the world for the better. I don't know if this is worse than me predicting Fate stuff correctly by guessing based on what I remember from Ryuki. "Hey Shish, let me guess, the whole thing was rigged from the start?"
Friend who also likes Fate: *sweats nervously*

D

Deleted member

Only villains are scared of that All Might
So you're scared of it too?
Shishoe is obviously a villain.
We discussed this yesterday, of ****ing course I am evil
She's a villian because she loves Ryuki rip-offs but refuses to watch Ryuki despite Gen Urobuchi, creator of Ryuki rip-offs, constantly going "Ryuki's good so it's ok for me to rip it off all the time"
Quit whining Gwen
Did we all even watch the same show or do ya'll just want excuses to **** on Urobuchi?

D

Deleted member

i mean like something on this thread you absolute buffoons. you total nincompoops. you stupid idiots. you complete numbnuts. you utter

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey how’s it going. Been thinking about Sonic Adventure a lot lately.

Speaking of Sonic Adventure someone on TCRF discord uploaded this from the PC version.

They ported over a ghost, another unused element from the AutoDemo prototype.

For a while (since 2013 actually) we only had these two textures which are completely gone in the final:

"d128obake1a" and "d128obake2a" in the Autodemo OBJ_MOUNTAIN, Red Mountain’s object texture file. Noone really knew what used these textures or what the object looked like though people did speculate that it might belong to a ghost.

In 2017, coolsupersonic (one of the masterminds behind the Beta Windy Valley restoration project) dug around through the code and found this model.

Yes, this spooky lad was lurking through Red Mountain’s data.

It does have an animation where it stretches up and down in a ghostly fashion but this object goes unreferenced in Red Mountain, lacks any coding or a proper name. This means that it was cut early on in development, was left in the code and forgotten about until the game was nearing release where someone likely noticed its existence and removed it.
That must be the one that got Larry.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So you're scared of it too?

We discussed this yesterday, of ****ing course I am evil

Quit whining Gwen

Did we all even watch the same show or do ya'll just want excuses to **** on Urobuchi?
I don't need excuses to **** on Urobuchi when he makes it so easy himself! :4pacman:

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I think I'm going to pick up some stuff for a homemade pizza. And I'll share my creation with everyone here.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Scenes when it turns out the Joker, DQ Hero, Leon S. Kennedy, Sol Badguy, and Tracer leak is the real one.
TIL I'm as dumb as a brick. I saw Sol and wondered "Why not Ragna?" and learned I've been mixing up BlazBlue and GG since time immemorial despite playing some of them.

Anyway that roster would be based as heck. Joker and Leon alone makes it 10/10, having a Toriyama-sensei designed character and two surprise guests makes it 15/10

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Urobuchi's favourite ****ing show
His work on Fate and Madoka Majika have SO many ****ing similarities to Ryuki to the point he himself said "It's ok because Ryuki is a masterpiece"
He then made an actual Kamen Rider...which again, was just Ryuki Except Missing The Point.

**** Gaim. That was when I realized how much I didn't care for the dude.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
GameXplain’s new video scares me because I’m now expecting 3.0.0, a massive ****ing update, to be a shadowdrop with no warning on April 30th.
Almost everything GameXplain says comes true, so this is a guarantee now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh...

Make an intelligent post.

Basically the opposite of what you usually do.
i always make intelligent posts that entice discussion and provoke deep thinking

anyways if thanos could've done any hand motion to kill half the universe why not just clap thor's cheeks to see just how rock hard those glutes are to guage how much he needs to train to stop ant-man

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well... I actually did enjoy Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass so I'm just gonna slowly and carefully back away from this conversation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom