• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

April 25th - BoxBoy + BoxGirl, Odyssey & BotW VR Updates, Persona 5S reveal & Avengers Endgame
Deepak.png

the end of the month can't come soon enough

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Goooooooooood afternoon everyone! I slept in! So this day is going great so far.

How are you?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
i always make intelligent posts that entice discussion and provoke deep thinking

anyways if thanos could've done any hand motion to kill half the universe why not just clap thor's cheeks to see just how rock hard those glutes are to guage how much he needs to train to stop ant-man

Well this is definitely thought-provoking... I’ll give you that much.

D

Deleted member

GameXplain’s new video scares me because I’m now expecting 3.0.0, a massive ****ing update, to be a shadowdrop with no warning on April 30th.
Almost everything GameXplain says comes true, so this is a guarantee now.
I mean, even if that's what happened, we'd still get the update. I don't see what'd be wrong with that.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I mean, even if that's what happened, we'd still get the update. I don't see what'd be wrong with that.
That's a beary big hitbox.

Why that's a bad thing again?
You know those cool gameplay trailers newcomers always get? Joker won’t get one.
Also this’ll basically confirm Ultimate was unfinished at launch and the stage builder was meant to be in from the start, because if there’s no Direct then it’s highly likely the stage builder has no new features.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
i always make intelligent posts that entice discussion and provoke deep thinking

anyways if thanos could've done any hand motion to kill half the universe why not just clap thor's cheeks to see just how rock hard those glutes are to guage how much he needs to train to stop ant-man
Yes officers, this one

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
smash fans realising 'before the end of april' really did just mean 'literally the minute before the end of april', c. april 2019

1555000760829.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
GameXplain’s new video scares me because I’m now expecting 3.0.0, a massive ****ing update, to be a shadowdrop with no warning on April 30th.
I mean... 2.0.0 was shadowdropped w/ absolutely no mention of it prior to the in-game notification.

At least we got a general idea of when 3.0.0 is dropping and what it’s probably bringing.

D

Deleted member

You know those cool gameplay trailers newcomers always get? Joker won’t get one.
Also this’ll basically confirm Ultimate was unfinished at launch and the stage builder was meant to be in from the start, because if there’s no Direct then it’s highly likely the stage builder has no new features.
If we already have Joker in our hands at that point, why would we need a trailer? Just boot up the game and play as him/her.

Also, Stage Builder will be different than Wii U's because there isn't a constant touchscreen on the Switch unless you're in handheld mode, and I don't think they're gonna make a mode in the game handheld only. It most likely will end up being like Brawl's Stage Builder.

D

Deleted member

The question is that when Joker finally IS released, will it even be worth the wait?
If you like Joker, then yeah.

I reaaalllyyyy don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. Mewtwo took just as long to get here. This is not abnormal in any way. Game development takes time, especially when you're collaborating with another company that has their own projects and announcements that need to be addressed first.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Goooooooooood afternoon everyone! I slept in! So this day is going great so far.

How are you?
Existence is stress.
One of the people I have to organise a party with which is in less then 20 hours fell asleep from 15:00 yesterday to 11:00 this morning. Incidentially he is the Guy managing the budget.

Other than that actually pretty great, how about you?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If you like Joker, yes. If you don't... well, that's another character in a roster with over 70 characters, you decide.
He’s a character from one of my favorite games of the past decade that I’ve wanted in Smash for a while.
If they screw up his moveset I’m not going to be happy.

D

Deleted member

Dude, if you don't like surpr-

Oh wait, you said it for me.
Real talk, if you don't like surprises Smash Bros. is not the right game for you.
It's a series BUILT ON SURPRISES.
Roll with the punches and if you don't get what you wanted, tough ****, better luck next time. That's not just how Smash speculation works, that's how life works.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

How are you?
I'm still mad at you for stealing my rightful spot as the 73rd most liked user...
1555001431155.png

Trust me, this isn't the end of my wrath. I'm getting there.

Oh, and it's nice to hear that you're doing well. How's life?

Edit: *dab*

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Dude, if you don't like surpr-

Oh wait, you said it for me.
I know, I just think it’s more special if there’s a Direct beforehand.
I actually saw someone joke about Doug Bowser ending Nintendo Directs as a whole, but now I’m paranoid that might actually end up happening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you like Joker, then yeah.

I reaaalllyyyy don't know why people are making a big deal out of this. Mewtwo took just as long to get here. This is not abnormal in any way. Game development takes time, especially when you're collaborating with another company that has their own projects and announcements that need to be addressed first.
To be fair Mewtwo was a veteran and Joker is a brand new character, we knew what kind of moves to expect for Mewtwo but for Joker we haven't even got a clue what his attacks will be like

osby

Smash Obsessed
He’s a character from one of my favorite games of the past decade that I’ve wanted in Smash for a while.
If they screw up his moveset I’m not going to be happy.
"Screw up his moveset" is subjective and for some reason I feel like you won't be happy anyway.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
To be fair Mewtwo was a veteran and Joker is a brand new character, we knew what kind of moves to expect for Mewtwo but for Joker we haven't even got a clue what his attacks will be like
Also to be fair, Mewtwo took so long because him and Lucas were developed alongside each other.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Everything good is "worth the wait" because eventually the time between you having the thing is going to infinitely be greater than you waiting for the thing.

Except if it's bad.
Then nothing's worth the wait and in fact hurts more because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom