• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know, I just think it’s more special if there’s a Direct beforehand.
I actually saw someone joke about Doug Bowser ending Nintendo Directs as a whole, but now I’m paranoid that might actually end up happening.
Directs are just a bunch of ads with commentary, you'd get announcements either way.

Also to be fair, Mewtwo took so long because him and Lucas were developed alongside each other.
Also to be fair, same might be happening now, too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
GameXplain’s new video scares me because I’m now expecting 3.0.0, a massive ****ing update, to be a shadowdrop with no warning on April 30th.
Almost everything GameXplain says comes true, so this is a guarantee now.
They are right sometimes, not all the time( see shadow being pushed as a semi clone by John for ultimate). They don’t know everything, like how they kept saying Metroid prime for like every direct since it’s announcement. They had no knowledge it was being reworked.

So I don’t think their latest video is true. I wouldn’t oppose it just being dropped but it makes no sense.

Joker is the first paid dlc character, that’s very important. They want people that paid ahead to know what they are getting and when. Gameplay trailers are always getting made. We are never going to not have one.

Added is the fact that 3.0 is way bigger then 2.0. They hinted at it pretty heavily last direct. This implies they plan to focus on showcasing it before release, likely a direct.

Not to mention Sakurai likes to breakdown movesets for more technical characters, something joker is likely to be with a persona gimmick. Considering he’s a big fan of persona, Sakurai probably went on all in to represent the game well with joker. I can’t see him not taking about him in a direct.

In addition we have stage builder. Which I can’t see not being different. If it was the exact same thing we would have saw it last update. If they didn’t touch it up, there would be no reason it would theoretically have been cut from the base game. Like plant, it probably started base game and needs more time to be done with all its features.

Then we likely have home fun contest. Which is much smaller but they’d probably still throw in talk about it.

And if this is a fighter pass focused direct, then we might get more details on what DLC may bring, such as mii contained, maybe some free updates for stages and stuff along the way, etc.

And since E3 is right around the corner and we have code for a second dlc character, I can’t not see this be a mewtwo and Lucas situation, where we see gameplay for one coming out soon and see gameplay for one coming a little later.

With brave releasing alongside another character at E3, just like Ryu and Roy.

With all this content I can’t see us not see brave and them just drop an update like this without explaining it. It doesn’t make sense from a marketing standpoint.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
FIrst shiny legendary I even got was a shiny Lugia back on Pokémon Silver for the gameboy.
Shiny Golbat in Diamond for me.

EDIT: Wait, you meant Legendary? In that case...

None, I am extremely unlucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a tongue twister for y'all

The ****ing fox faked its fall from the filthy ferris wheel

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, IsmaR IsmaR , KMDP KMDP , Mythra Mythra , AndreaAC AndreaAC , and pretty much everyone who is interested in my sprites but I'm probably forgetting who exactly due to me being tired as ****.

I am not saying it is 100% done!.....but....
Exemple 5 New Alicia .gif

.....90-95% is fine too, no?

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
They are right sometimes, not all the time( see shadow being pushed as a semi clone by John for ultimate). They don’t know everything, like how they kept saying Metroid prime for like every direct since it’s announcement. They had no knowledge it was being reworked.

So I don’t think their latest video is true. I wouldn’t oppose it just being dropped but it makes no sense.

Joker is the first paid dlc character, that’s very important. They want people that paid ahead to know what they are getting and when. Gameplay trailers are always getting made. We are never going to not have one.

Added is the fact that 3.0 is way bigger then 2.0. They hinted at it pretty heavily last direct. This implies they plan to focus on showcasing it before release, likely a direct.

Not to mention Sakurai likes to breakdown movesets for more technical characters, something joker is likely to be with a persona gimmick. Considering he’s a big fan of persona, Sakurai probably went on all in to represent the game well with joker. I can’t see him not taking about him in a direct.

In addition we have stage builder. Which I can’t see not being different. If it was the exact same thing we would have saw it last update. If they didn’t touch it up, there would be no reason it would theoretically have been cut from the base game. Like plant, it probably started base game and needs more time to be done with all its features.

Then we likely have home fun contest. Which is much smaller but they’d probably still throw in talk about it.

And if this is a fighter pass focused direct, then we might get more details on what DLC may bring, such as mii contained, maybe some free updates for stages and stuff along the way, etc.

And since E3 is right around the corner and we have code for a second dlc character, I can’t not see this be a mewtwo and Lucas situation, where we see gameplay for one coming out soon and see gameplay for one coming a little later.

With brave releasing alongside another character at E3, just like Ryu and Roy.

With all this content I can’t see us not see brave and them just drop an update like this without explaining it. It doesn’t make sense from a marketing standpoint.
The thing that worries me is that Nintendo does a TON of things that make no sense from a marketing perspective. They’ve done them ever since the Wii U days. So I consider no Brave until E3 to be an actual possibility that’s more likely than we think.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
and if we are talking good siivagunner rips, this ones a classic:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The thing that worries me is that Nintendo does a TON of things that make no sense from a marketing perspective. They’ve done them ever since the Wii U days. So I consider no Brave until E3 to be an actual possibility that’s more likely than we think.
Maybe, but the switches marketing has been incredibly on point and is why it sells so well. They havent really made any mistakes so I don’t see them changing it now. Hell we already had two smash directs, why not a third? Smash gets more directs then any franchise so I don’t see them dropping that format.

D

Deleted member

Is this your Twitter page, because if so I require the source of that Ronin art
I don't know the source because I had it saved for a long time on my phone(probably got it from Etrianbooru) but here's the image itself
dff3661bbbd3d8ba8f042e907660fe66248eb2fc.jpg

I ****ing love pink Ronin
Sorry Shish but ffs
View attachment 207136
I'm glad this ******* had to deal with breakdancing fruits because of Toei
1515834780969.jpg

when someone finds your poop sock in your pee drawer
Not gonna ask

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:D Awesome! There is a lot of detail in it! I mean…what else would you add? It looks great already!
Eh, just some shading here and there that need a little bit more work, but outside of that, there isn't anything else to add I say.

In all cases, thank you alot for saying this!^^
waifu acquired
DON'T TOUCH MY CHILD YOU-Thank you very much for saying this, it help alot ya know?:4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also to be fair, Mewtwo took so long because him and Lucas were developed alongside each other.
Mewtwo and Lucas we’re both vets. No new design was needed. They basically skipped over a whole development phase. Same with Roy.

Like, Smash characters basically don’t change from game to game with VERY minor exceptions. Certainly not as much as characters from games like MK do installment to installment.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mewtwo and Lucas we’re both vets. No new design was needed. They basically skipped over a whole development phase. Same with Roy.

Like, Smash characters basically don’t change from game to game with VERY minor exceptions. Certainly not as much as characters from games like MK do installment to installment.
Designing a moveset is just a small part of the development. Those three you mentioned still got new models, new animations, new effects and balancing for the new cast.

Don't get me wrong, newcomers still take longer time but it's not like development team ports the characters and calls it a day.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I know, I just think it’s more special if there’s a Direct beforehand.
I actually saw someone joke about Doug Bowser ending Nintendo Directs as a whole, but now I’m paranoid that might actually end up happening.
Considering Directs are produced, aired, and written by Nintendo of Japan it is very unlikely he will influence that.

He might suggest ideas, but ultimately he is the subordinate not the commander.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
3 more really way thought out and put together rips:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>siivagunner rips
>absolutely no mention of this gem:
y'all fake

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With other companies trying to copy directs and failing, I think Nintendo realizes their directs are great ideas and they are doing them pretty well. So I can’t see them getting rid of those anytime soon or it even be suggested.

If if ain’t broke don’t fix it!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Designing a moveset is just a small part of the development. Those three you mentioned still got new models, new animations, new effects and balancing for the new cast.

Don't get me wrong, newcomers still take longer time but it's not like development team ports the characters and calls it a day.
Well. That’s exactly what they did from 4 to Ultimate but yeah. That’s probably not what happened in 4.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Pour one out for the mobile users on this thread

Also the Flat Zone x Shake It Off mashup is probably the GOAT Silvagunner rip, though Ai No Uta meets Crawling in My Skin is a clear runner up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom