• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can not belive I forgot about that rule. I have seen many good nuzlockes.
@Shishœ are you making progress?

That really stinks that Disney done that.
As a bisexual, I would love to see some LGBT representation in good Disney shows like Gravity Falls and Star VS. It would appeal to me.
Good to see Alex Hirsch being vocal about this.
As a bisexual I don't feel the need to point out I'm a bisexual all the time and just go about my day as normal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
First off, I’m pretty sure his brawl quote was more acknowledging Geno and saying he briefly considered it. Smash 4 was outright wanting it.

He could have changed his mind thinking someone was better for the game at the time and still wanted to do Geno eventually.

You misunderstand.

I never said a thing about why Sakurai didn't include him. I said that sukapon and Mach rider have been considered to and wanted but Sakurai changed his mind. Hell banjo was someone he almost added to melee and decided against it. He can still want a character and have a reason for not adding them.

Honestly imo if Sakurai didn’t decide against Geno, it was Nintendo. They likely would want to push another character. I don’t think square would care if they got paid and still had shots at being paid again for dlc. With Geno we will likely never know why he’s not in.

And if spirits are being used as evidence. why the hell is my boy bandanna Dee not a legendary spirit. Although that’s likely bias.

As I said yeah Disney can be bad but if anyone can get them it’s gonna be Sakurai
Considering Sakurai specifically said that it couldn't happen with wording that implies he wasn't happy it couldn't happen, I'm pretty sure that's a huge indicator that Sakurai was told 'no'

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Nintendo consoles handhelds have OG Chain of Memories (kinda important to the story), 358/2 Days (A side story expanding on Roxas), Re:Coded (Sets up one plot point and nothing else), and Dream Drop Distance (important to the story). Of those, 2 were remade, with the "definitive editions" being on Playstation Consoles

All of the games actually important to the series (Birth by Sleep, 1, Chain of Memories, 2, Dream Drop Distance, and 3) are all on Playstation consoles. Nintendo consoles have never received a Kingdom Hearts game at all, and you can get the entire series on Playstation and not Nintendo.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

You don't get it. This shows how bad Disney can be to work with, and how strict they are with their IPs.
Fair enough. And I haven’t been saying they aren't strict. Like I said I have hope it can happen and there’s nothing wrong with that. It can happen or not, we’ll have a better picture dlc soon enough.
It means Disney wants control and as others have already pointed out, they've been very controlling in multiple video game projects already.

While the show I'm talking about DID have a character who was planned to be a lesbian, the one I mean is between a heterosexual couple.

Not entirely true, they censored Star VS having multiple gay couples kiss in the background of a kiss convention or something and Alex Hirsch has been vocal about his frustrations of Disney not allowing him to have LGBT characters in Gravity Falls
Iirc, the star vs scene was aired again uncensored after people spoke out about it. There’s also that show and I Mack with a gay character in the main cast. I think there’s other examples from this year, but I only watch two shows on the network right now so idk

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
All right, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , so I came across this comment about a particular series of Kamen Rider, and I'm curious as to what you know about it:

Ok, time to shill Kamen Rider.

So in Kabuto, the main character is a guy by the name of Souji Tendou. He makes his debut as a rider by literally NTR'ing the transformation trinket from our fakeout main character, which pretty much sets the tone of the series. If you were to describe his feats, he would look like a villian to most people. He has, to date:
  • Beaten up his friends for no reason
  • Stole transformation devices from fellow riders
  • Killed fellow riders for transformation devices
  • Killed a dudes wife just for being a worm (the species of the bad guy), even though she was friendly
  • Killed his own girlfriend for once again, being a friendly worm
  • Is an unbeatable Mary Sue who has never lost a one-on-one, and literally gets deus ex-machina upgrades from future versions of himself
  • Treats most people like **** because he belives himself to be higher than everyone.
And most of the community loves him for it. He's basically a sociopathic Jotaro.
The only thing I know about Kamen Rider, despite it being like a mix of Power Rangers and Ultraman, is the one scene where the guy ambushes the villains by waiting for them in a Nazi coffin.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey I've got a fun new thing to talk about that wouldn't be controversial at all so we can dissipate the tension in the thread:

Eh? Eh?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As a bisexual I don't feel the need to point out I'm a bisexual all the time and just go about my day as normal.
Sorry, I don’t make the rules. JK Rowling does. You gotta have it in your signature that you’re bi and you dated Hagrid for some time.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah to the three of you guys who aren't annoyed by my constant fanboying they released an official clip for endgame
i can't believe steve would say a bad language word this can't be happening oh **** oh god

D

Deleted member

Speaking of KH, as much as I love the series and love the idea of having them portable, I would absolutely not buy the collection again on Switch. Not because I think it wouldn't run well or something silly like that, but because I've already bought the games in those collection 3 times now. I have 'em on PS4 in 60FPS, and unless I lose access to my PS4 for whatever reason somewhere down the line, that's where I'll play old KH games if I get in the mood for them.

KH3 on Switch sounds tempting but I doubt the Switch could even run it, given the fact you can practically see the smoke plumes coming out of an OG PS4 whenever the game gets really intensive. I'd rather that come to PC and be decently optimized like FFXV was.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Why is this even getting heated

Half the arguments in here happen because someone has a clashing viewpoint and everyone else tries to take the big guy stance on it

I get it

Smash is a video game and y’all are gettin in yourselves about the paid dlc for it
And then there is people like me who just joined and are like
8BDAC0FC-ECC8-4CCD-A69D-2E5F8F3290F8.jpeg

LOOK AT IT
View attachment 205913
IT HURTS MY SOUL
Yeah, it’s an injustice that Spider-Ham isn’t in.
D308F458-98EC-4021-B23A-70F33A091573.png

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Disney is insanely strict, yeah. They've tampered with the marketing for MvC:I too, they specifically demanded the Marvel characters not get hurt within the trailers for the game.
Tfw You’ll never have a Disney Fighting Game made by Arc System Works.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You mean the mutual deal shared between the two?

Where Sega gets Sonic and Eggman to appear in the movie, in exchange for Ralph being a character in Sega Racing Transformed?

That sure does sound like Disney just "giving away" Ralph to me

well THAT just makes this whole thing pointless........
If this is the post your referring to? I’ve been quoting a lot so if I missed this I’m sorry.

Anyway I already addressed this with Gwen’s post. Yeah it’s a trade I see. However if Disney had a want for Sora in smash it shows they won’t having problems reaching out. Also Disney has been wanting to put mario in both wreck it Ralph’s but we’re unable to find a suitable reason to have him appear. Which iirc they said they want to in future. So securing a deal like that and getting Sora is just as possible

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of KH, as much as I love the series and love the idea of having them portable, I would absolutely not buy the collection again on Switch. Not because I think it wouldn't run well or something silly like that, but because I've already bought the games in those collection 3 times now. I have 'em on PS4 in 60FPS, and unless I lose access to my PS4 for whatever reason somewhere down the line, that's where I'll play old KH games if I get in the mood for them.

KH3 on Switch sounds tempting but I doubt the Switch could even run it, given the fact you can practically see the smoke plumes coming out of an OG PS4 whenever the game gets really intensive. I'd rather that come to PC and be decently optimized like FFXV was.
Yeah, as much as I want KH3 on Switch, I really doubt it will even touch it

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Also Disney has been wanting to put mario in both wreck it Ralph’s but we’re unable to find a suitable reason to have him appear. Which iirc they said they want to in future. So securing a deal like that and getting Sora is just as possible
But when?

I don't think there's any current plans for Wreck-it Ralph 3.

Especially since the director of the first two just recently moved to Sony Animation to work on some films over there...

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
KH3 on switch will probably never ever happen without becoming an Ark: Evolved level graphical holocaust.

D

Deleted member

Wait Wario is popular in the competitive scene right now?

I’m so proud of my boy
Last I checked, at least. I'm pretty sure most people have been putting him in S-tier, and he's getting great tourney results.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah to the three of you guys who aren't annoyed by my constant fanboying they released an official clip for endgame
i can't believe steve would say a bad language word this can't be happening oh **** oh god
Steve said *****! Steve said *****! Let him say ****! Let him say ****!
Love Carol giving Rhodey that "***** all you have is an armor shut up" look.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
they won’t having problems reaching out.
But that's the thing
Disney wouldn't be the ones reaching out
it would be Sakurai, and by extension Nintendo, calling them
not the other way around

Disney has been wanting to put mario in both wreck it Ralph
The director for Wreck-It Ralph =/= all of Disney
he definitely does wish to see Mario make an appearance, but that doesn't necessarily mean Disney would give him the time of day, or resources, to strike this deal with Nintendo
and before it's brought up, Bowser being there is definitely not the same as Mario being there
same as with Bayo 2 having the other Mario-themed equipment
do you see Mario there? No?

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I don’t make the rules. JK Rowling does. You gotta have it in your signature that you’re bi and you dated Hagrid for some time.
But Hagrid is out of my league. I'd be lucky to date DOBBY.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But when?

I don't think there's plans for Wreck-it Ralph 3.

Especially since the director of the first two just recently moved to Sony Animation to work on some films over there...
I don’t know. Just that the interest to use mario in films has been there. Disney always has plenty of film ideas.

Actually maybe Disney squired those mario movie rights since we haven’t heard anything....

Probably not but imagine..

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Man, go on the Youtube equivalent of a Wiki Walk and it all kicks off.

Not that I'm judging character pics, but keep in mind I'd be drawing the nominee characters and the winner will get a picture of their four tributes. So I'd give serious thought to meme or joke characters.

I'll put 'em on the list.

Thanks Zinith

Who is "Moe" in this list? Moe Syszlak? Moe the Clown from Ace Attorney?
----------------------------------------
Unfortunately, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @Taylor F and @TheMightyP, I'm afraid I've already gotten 12 Districts worth of nominations, unless I were to remove myself.
----------------------------------------
Okay, with 12 Districts filled, they are as follows.
District 1 (me) - TBD
District 2 ( @Zinith ) - Yoshi, Boshi, Sobble, Riptor
District 3 ( @JDCabrera ) - Coco Bandicoot, Samus Aran, Susan Storm, Jet Jaguar
District 4 ( @Gentlepanda ) - Edea, Jane, Agnes, Miku
District 5 ( @Opossum ) - Lena, Julian, Palla, Merric
District 6 ( @KarneraMythos ) - Phosphophyllite, Jack Frost (SMT), Captain Padraig, Eustace Bagge
District 7 ( @mbvswb ) - Geno, Phoenix Wright, Goro Akechi, Mipha
District 8 ( @osby ) - Joker, Bayonetta, Sonic, Akira Yuki
District 9 ( Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku ) - Prince Charming (Shrek), Weird Al Yankovic, Pancake Bunny (WIR), Spider-Man
District 10 ( @Kirby Dragons ) - Aisaka Taiga, Alejandro (Total Drama), Spike (MLP), Amazon Pandora
District 11 ( PeridotGX PeridotGX ) - Marx, Typhlosion, Peridot, Moe
District 12 ( @Gyrom8 ) - Lanky Kong, Skull Kid, Hocotate Freight President, Midna
I meant Moe Syzlyak. Probably too late though

D

Deleted member

Steve said *****! Steve said *****! Let him say ****! Let him say ****!
Love Carol giving Rhodey that "***** all you have is an armor shut up" look.
"all of us are about that superhero life"
"more like super no-leg life lmao gottem"

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I don’t know. Just that the interest to use mario in films has been there. Disney always has plenty of film ideas.

Actually maybe Disney squired those mario movie rights since we haven’t heard anything....

Probably not but imagine..
you do know Mario is not in wreck it ralph 2 at all, right? Bowser was the only Mario character in 1...not exactly a ringing endorsement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom