• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Screw it, watch the final four characters be Chrono, Conker, Dante, and Artorias.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I respect your opinion but I disagree with that so, so much.

In Fact my opinions are the exact opposite of this, I would prefer Banjo over Steve and MC.
And Geno is the opposite of boring, he is the most interesting Mario Character in my opinion and even outside of it his situation is incredibly interesting.

I can't say I don't understand why you would say that he's boring though as he only appeared in one game and that's it his personality and character hasn't progressed or changed for 20 years unlike so many other Mario Characters.
He's boring in that game too, though. Mallow was a lot more interesting than him, due to having an actual character arc instead of being, an admittedly unique, exposition fairy and walking plot point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I honestly think Geno just gets denied by Sakurai himself. Sort of like sukapon or Mach rider. Sakurai wanted them and thought they could work but went with someone else. Granted the former is because of the jumping problem, but sukapon as far as I know is because Sakurai just went with ice climbers. I think his mind just constantly changes. Genos non playable status hurts as a huge supporter.

I won’t change my mind on one thing. That’s very different then not listening at all.

I think the argument that a company is greedy and can’t listen is stupid. People said they same about square and were completely wrong. I have no reason to believe they can’t be change and we really can’t argue that they won’t be open to it when there’s no way to predict that. So why bother?
Sakurai in Brawl: "I wanted to add Geno as a playable character"
Sakurai in Smash 4: "I wanted to add Geno as a playable character"
Sakurai in Ultimate: *Has Geno be a Legend status Spirit, something mostly reserved for high fan requests*
Geno: *Has been ignored by Square in even the Mario and Square crossover games like Fortune Street and Mario Hoops*

You: "Wow this means Sakurai may have chosen to not include him!"

D

Deleted member

If we were to get any Mario RPG characters, I'd want Paper Mario or Fawful. Especially Fawful, that dude's hilarious.

DaybreakHorizon

A Believing Heart
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I honestly think Geno just gets denied by Sakurai himself. Sort of like sukapon or Mach rider. Sakurai wanted them and thought they could work but went with someone else. Granted the former is because of the jumping problem, but sukapon as far as I know is because Sakurai just went with ice climbers. I think his mind just constantly changes. Genos non playable status hurts as a huge supporter.

I won’t change my mind on one thing. That’s very different then not listening at all.

I think the argument that a company is greedy and can’t listen is stupid. People said they same about square and were completely wrong. I have no reason to believe they can’t be change and we really can’t argue that they won’t be open to it when there’s no way to predict that. So why bother?
216074.jpg

>Sakurai
Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.

I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but unfortunately that never ended up materializing...He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game
>Also Sakurai
Doesn't include Geno in the game because he can't come up with a moveset (Sukapon) or he isn't popular/widely known enough (Takamaru).

Are you thinking about your points? Or are you just spouting uninformed opinions?

Refusing to change your mind is the same thing as refusing to listen as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, you'll "listen" to my points, but if you refuse to keep an open mind you might as well be covering your ears.

Also, while I would typically agree the "stingy company" argument falls short, this is Disney we're talking about. They're THE Mega-Corporation, and they are proven to be stingy and difficult to work with (see: Internal struggles to get the Keyblade into Disney Infinity, tampering with Kingdom Hearts 3, fighting against copyright law to keep Mickey Mouse out of the public domain, fighting against historians to build Disney's America, etc. etc. etc.).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Screw it, watch the final four characters be Chrono, Conker, Dante, and Artorias.
Crono joining Smash would probably be the smartest decision Square has ever made in the last decade. Too bad we still won't get nothing from the series.

Which reminds me, it's that time again to post THAT trailer.

D

Deleted member

Crono joining Smash would probably be the smartest decision Square has ever made in the last decade. Too bad we still won't get nothing from the series.

Which reminds me, it's that time again to post THAT trailer.

why would you do this to me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
(not biased btw) Probably Zero. MVCI did it well but that's a traditional fighter. In smash I'm not sure how you'd make a moveset for him without feeling like something important's being left out.
Zero's only okay to me, but I'd imagine. Like most playable characters in Mega Man there's a **** ton to pull from so who's to say.

B - Rangeki
Side B - Shippunga(that Dash attack from X4)
Up B - Ryuenjin
Down B - Ice Stab
Up Smash - That grounded Fire attack from X6
Forward Smash - Raijin from X4
Down Smash - Ground Punch

Geo could have
B - Mega Buster
Side B - Million Kick
Up B - Typhoon Dance(Think Meta Knight's Tornado, but it goes up)
Down B - I'm thinking his Electric Gun and it multi hits
Forward Smash - Beast Slash
Up Smash - Fire Uppercut(I forgot the name), maybe have Omega do it for him
Down Smash - Hammer or Shockwave.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I be That Guy who want KOS-MOS in Smash and leave it at that.
D2SgdlCU8AELZoi.png

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Disney is insanely strict, yeah. They've tampered with the marketing for MvC:I too, they specifically demanded the Marvel characters not get hurt within the trailers for the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because there is literally nothing about it that appeals to me. I've even decided to watch 2 separate Let's Plays and they haven't convinced me.

Again, good chance it's PR. PR means you have to make yourself look good

I'm pretty sure "Having one of the most iconic characters in video game history in your video game movie" is a better bargain than "One of many nonsensical guest characters" but ok.

And I'd need a source but I'm not going to bother, Disney managed to force one of their shows to not have a man and a woman even ****ing touch eachother when they found out the writers wanted a romance subplot
I don’t get how the later relates to games. But if we are talking their tv censorship. It’s bad but also likely being run by a different branch.

I guess to be fair they were against gays and now they kind of embrace it in their shows.
also sora just doesn't make much sense for nintendo to advertise if that's really their objective with the list they gave sakurai

joker/erdrick are for P5S and DQ11S if the best buy listing for persona is to be believed, whereas i'm fairly confident KH3 isn't getting ported to switch any time soon
All the important kh games are on Nintendo consoles. It’s also rumored and likely that we get a port of those 1. Whatever and 2. Whatever collections
Unfortunately I have to agree. Hell, even Kingdom Hearts 3 was tampered with by Disney. MatPat actually made a very good theory about it:

I do believe this theory. But would this more be that they censored frozen’s portrayal, not sora’s?

D

Deleted member

Zero's only okay to me, but I'd imagine. Like most playable characters in Mega Man there's a **** ton to pull from so who's to say.

B - Rangeki
Side B - Shippunga(that Dash attack from X4)
Up B - Ryuenjin
Down B - Ice Stab
Up Smash - That grounded Fire attack from X6
Forward Smash - Raijin from X4
Down Smash - Ground Punch

Geo could have
B - Mega Buster
Side B - Million Kick
Up B - Typhoon Dance(Think Meta Knight's Tornado, but it goes up)
Down B - I'm thinking his Electric Gun and it multi hits
Forward Smash - Beast Slash
Up Smash - Fire Uppercut(I forgot the name), maybe have Omega do it for him
Down Smash - Hammer or Shockwave.
I think EXE would be pretty cool. Dude has so many chips I'm not even sure where you would start but with **** like bombs, cannons, swords and crazy anime transformations there's bound to be potential in there.

D

Deleted member

Disney is insanely strict, yeah. They've tampered with the marketing for MvC:I too, they specifically demanded the Marvel characters not get hurt within the trailers for the game.
> 4 Marvel DLC characters
> 2 Capcom DLC characters

oh no again.png

D

Deleted member

Shiny, have you never heard of nuzlocke before today?
I have, and I have seen many nuzlockes before I was even a member in this website.
I just never knew that rule existed in my life.
Weird I never knew that rule until now...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

A Believing Heart
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All the important kh games are on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo consoles handhelds have OG Chain of Memories (kinda important to the story), 358/2 Days (A side story expanding on Roxas), Re:Coded (Sets up one plot point and nothing else), and Dream Drop Distance (important to the story). Of those, 2 were remade, with the "definitive editions" being on Playstation Consoles

All of the games actually important to the series (Birth by Sleep, 1, Chain of Memories, 2, Dream Drop Distance, and 3) are all on Playstation consoles. Nintendo consoles have never received a Kingdom Hearts game at all, and you can get the entire series on Playstation and not Nintendo.

Do you even know what you're talking about?
I do believe this theory. But would this more be that they censored frozen’s portrayal, not sora’s?
You don't get it. This shows how bad Disney can be to work with, and how strict they are with their IPs.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think I recall that being an unconfirmed rumor, though I can't say for certain and can't find where that came from.

Most evidence I've seen points to Capcom causing the most problems. MvC:I apparently had less budget than the Street Fighter V's DLC did, hence its overall poor production value and reused roster, and the higher-ups at Capcom not listening to the developers' concerns about the game. Given how Capcom's fighting game division hasn't been on its A-game for a while, including with Street Fighter, it adds up.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of interference from Marvel/Disney that complicated things further.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t get how the later relates to games. But if we are talking their tv censorship. It’s bad but also likely being run by a different branch.

I guess to be fair they were against gays and now they kind of embrace it in their shows.

All the important kh games are on Nintendo consoles. It’s also rumored and likely that we get a port of those 1. Whatever and 2. Whatever collections

It means Disney wants control and as others have already pointed out, they've been very controlling in multiple video game projects already.

While the show I'm talking about DID have a character who was planned to be a lesbian, the one I mean is between a heterosexual couple.

Not entirely true, they censored Star VS having multiple gay couples kiss in the background of a kiss convention or something and Alex Hirsch has been vocal about his frustrations of Disney not allowing him to have LGBT characters in Gravity Falls

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Because there is literally nothing about it that appeals to me. I've even decided to watch 2 separate Let's Plays and they haven't convinced me.

Again, good chance it's PR. PR means you have to make yourself look good

I'm pretty sure "Having one of the most iconic characters in video game history in your video game movie" is a better bargain than "One of many nonsensical guest characters" but ok.

And I'd need a source but I'm not going to bother, Disney managed to force one of their shows to not have a man and a woman even ****ing touch eachother when they found out the writers wanted a romance subplot
I think our totally clashing opinions on Banjo are our strongest conflict tbh

D

Deleted member

I can not belive I forgot about that rule. I have seen many good nuzlockes.
@Shishœ are you making progress?
It means Disney wants control and as others have already pointed out, they've been very controlling in multiple video game projects already.

While the show I'm talking about DID have a character who was planned to be a lesbian, the one I mean is between a heterosexual couple.

Not entirely true, they censored Star VS having multiple gay couples kiss in the background of a kiss convention or something and Alex Hirsch has been vocal about his frustrations of Disney not allowing him to have LGBT characters in Gravity Falls
That really stinks that Disney done that.
As a bisexual, I would love to see some LGBT representation in good Disney shows like Gravity Falls and Star VS. It would appeal to me.
Good to see Alex Hirsch being vocal about this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai in Brawl: "I wanted to add Geno as a playable character"
Sakurai in Smash 4: "I wanted to add Geno as a playable character"
Sakurai in Ultimate: *Has Geno be a Legend status Spirit, something mostly reserved for high fan requests*
Geno: *Has been ignored by Square in even the Mario and Square crossover games like Fortune Street and Mario Hoops*

You: "Wow this means Sakurai may have chosen to not include him!"
First off, I’m pretty sure his brawl quote was more acknowledging Geno and saying he briefly considered it. Smash 4 was outright wanting it.

He could have changed his mind thinking someone was better for the game at the time and still wanted to do Geno eventually.
View attachment 205904

>Sakurai

>Also Sakurai
Doesn't include Geno in the game because he can't come up with a moveset (Sukapon) or he isn't popular/widely known enough (Takamaru).

Are you thinking about your points? Or are you just spouting uninformed opinions?

Refusing to change your mind is the same thing as refusing to listen as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, you'll "listen" to my points, but if you refuse to keep an open mind you might as well be covering your ears.

Also, while I would typically agree the "stingy company" argument falls short, this is Disney we're talking about. They're THE Mega-Corporation, and they are proven to be stingy and difficult to work with (see: Internal struggles to get the Keyblade into Disney Infinity, tampering with Kingdom Hearts 3, fighting against copyright law to keep Mickey Mouse out of the public domain, fighting against historians to build Disney's America, etc. etc. etc.).
You misunderstand.

I never said a thing about why Sakurai didn't include him. I said that sukapon and Mach rider have been considered to and wanted but Sakurai changed his mind. Hell banjo was someone he almost added to melee and decided against it. He can still want a character and have a reason for not adding them.

Honestly imo if Sakurai didn’t decide against Geno, it was Nintendo. They likely would want to push another character. I don’t think square would care if they got paid and still had shots at being paid again for dlc. With Geno we will likely never know why he’s not in.

And if spirits are being used as evidence. why the hell is my boy bandanna Dee not a legendary spirit. Although that’s likely bias.

As I said yeah Disney can be bad but if anyone can get them it’s gonna be Sakurai

D

Deleted member

He's boring in that game too, though. Mallow was a lot more interesting than him, due to having an actual character arc instead of being, an admittedly unique, exposition fairy and walking plot point.
Well I'll have to disagree there cause Geno is way more interesting than Mallow, He did do some exposition and all but that wasn't his only Character he had a personality and Story.

His Personality was way more interesting than Mallows with him being a Stoic and Serious yet Dorky person. The Stoic and Serious part can be seen around the forest maze area when you first meet the guy and his Dorky side shows a bit when you fight Exor/Smithy.

He has a way more interesting personality than Mallow in my opinion and while Mallow has more of an arc than him Geno is the very heart and soul of SMRPG, He's one of the most important Characters in the game (Second to Mario) though He has done some exposition but who's to say that's a bad thing? If you were Geno and suddenly came out of nowhere you would need to do some exposition too.

Even his Design is way cooler than Mallow's with him being a Star Spirit-Possessed Doll who has lasers and magic, that's freakin' cool and the Mario Series hasn't seen something like that ever since.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

D

Deleted member

>Looking at the MvsC:I roster's symmetry and seeing the Marvel side cut into the Capcom side

While I really don't want to, I kinda have to agree with Maximillian Dood and the gang and that Marvel VS. Capcom is just straight up dead. Yeah, that re-release of UMVC3 was AMAZING, but if Infinite has shown anything, it's that it'll no doubt be ****ed up by Disney regardless. That Fox deal is dead, that's good. We can have X-Men characters and Fantastic Four again, probably. But do you REALLY trust Disney?

Capcom just needs to make Capcom VS. Capcom or some other fighting game. In my heart, I want Tatsunoko VS. Capcom 2, but the licensing and copyright management and cost would be ****ing astronomical.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since Sony owns the publishing rights, they could absolutely bring in another studio to continue the franchise. I'd be interested in seeing where they'd take it.

But Ninja Theory has actually never made a sequel to anything, fun fact. Kung Fu Chaos, Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, Hellblade and DmC never got sequels. One of them for good reason.
That's interesting. If they do it for artistic reasons then that's them really sticking their ground.

I actually like DmC. Would love to see someone else come on for a sequel. Same with Heavenly Sword. I don't know if Platinum would be the right choice but they're the first ones that spring to mind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can not belive I forgot about that rule. I have seen many good nuzlockes.
@Shishœ are you making progress?

That really stinks that Disney done that.
As a bisexual, I would love to see some LGBT representation in good Disney shows like Gravity Falls and Star VS. It would appeal to me.
Good to see Alex Hirsch being vocal about this.
I guess I can see why Disney wouldn’t want gay couples on their shows. One way or another some Christian mom is gonna get pissed. Not saying it’s justified, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think EXE would be pretty cool. Dude has so many chips I'm not even sure where you would start but with **** like bombs, cannons, swords and crazy anime transformations there's bound to be potential in there.
Swords, Bombs, Pickaxes, Axes, Force-fields, Harpoon Guns, Flamethrowers. Dude can even pull out the Slide too like Classic Mega Man. Heavy Stamp needs to be his Down Smash or D-Air. It's too disrespectful.

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, unrelated, but you know what I just found out?

I'm near the end of Final Fantasy VII. And JUST in time to get ready for Final Fantasy X HD Remaster.

Hoo boy.

oh damn OH DAMN.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why is this even getting heated

Half the arguments in here happen because someone has a clashing viewpoint and everyone else tries to take the big guy stance on it

I get it

Smash is a video game and y’all are gettin in yourselves about the paid dlc for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom