• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah, I remember when I too, used to believe arguments such as that.

@NonSpecificGod PlayerOneTyler PlayerOneTyler sic' em boys.
Don’t bother. You won’t change my mind. Not on Disney.

Sakurai is a ****ing miracle worker, he got snake back and 3 Konami reps, he got cloud the character everyone said would never happen. Sakurai can do whatever he pleases. If anyone’s getting Disney to join, it’s him. There’s no reason to argue or think otherwise.

It’s a matter of does he want Sora. Which considering he’s close friends with nouma I think it can definitely happen. If Sakurai wants it, he gets it. That man is unstoppable and has more drive then anyone

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
They let sega have wreck it Ralph.
You mean the mutual deal shared between the two?

Where Sega gets Sonic and Eggman to appear in the movie, in exchange for Ralph being a character in Sega Racing Transformed?

That sure does sound like Disney just "giving away" Ralph to me

well THAT just makes this whole thing pointless........

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Sakurai is a ****ing miracle worker, he got snake back and 3 Konami reps, he got cloud the character everyone said would never happen. Sakurai can do whatever he pleases. If anyone’s getting Disney to join, it’s him. There’s no reason to argue or think otherwise.

It’s a matter of does he want Sora. Which considering he’s close friends with nouma I think it can definitely happen. If Sakurai wants it, he gets it. That man is unstoppable and has more drive then anyone
So you admit that you're unwilling to change your mind.

Then what's the point? If you're not willing to open your mind to discourse all you're doing is spouting your opinions and covering your ears when you're countered.

This is over as far as I'm concerned.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash got Fire Emblem localized and ended up shaping it into a major Nintendo IP. I'm pretty sure they'll sell DQ games after adding Erdrick

Dante and uhhhhhh depends on my mood, sometimes it's Kazuma Kiryu, Bandana Dee, Pheonix Wright, Travis Touchdown, etc.

Wasn't Ralph part of a deal that SEGA made which let them use Sonic in the movie in the first place? Not really the same thing, especially as SEGA had to say "We'll let you use our iconic mascot"
I’m not sure on that. If that’s the case then it can further my point. If they can bend to sega, I’m sure Nintendo could reason with them. Especially when Disney was playing Mario music in their parks recently

D

Deleted member

Steve or Master Chief > Banjo
Geno is pretty boring to me.
That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’m not sure on that. If that’s the case then it can further my point. If they can bend to sega, I’m sure Nintendo could reason with them. Especially when Disney was playing Mario music in their parks recently
You mean the music that was a preexisting remix online that had no affiliation with Nintendo, at all?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm pretty sure that was confirmed to be a fluke. The track is on Spotify, and was likely played by accident.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not a huge Banjo supporter or anything (pretty neutral on him getting in or not, TBH), but might I ask why you seem to have a rather strong...distaste for Banjo? I'm legitimately curious.
Because there is literally nothing about it that appeals to me. I've even decided to watch 2 separate Let's Plays and they haven't convinced me.
true but I don't see why he couldn't be honest about it as well - as in, he'd like to see them even if he wasn't making money.

This is the interview that makes me think he'd like to see them for more reasons than just money:
https://www.gamnesia.com/news/phil-...e-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros.-and-mari

of course he still mentions some business stuff but I see no reason to think "making money" is the only thing going through his mind, heck even if it was it seems like he'd really like to work with Nintendo on that regardless instead of saying PR stuff and doing nothing.
Again, good chance it's PR. PR means you have to make yourself look good
I'm pretty sure "Having one of the most iconic characters in video game history in your video game movie" is a better bargain than "One of many nonsensical guest characters" but ok.

And I'd need a source but I'm not going to bother, Disney managed to force one of their shows to not have a man and a woman even ****ing touch eachother when they found out the writers wanted a romance subplot

D

Deleted member

If these were the final characters. How would you guys be?

Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Leon Kennedy
Lloyd Irving
Boring
I guess a cool moveset and I would be happy for Japan, but I am not happy about the composer.
Not a RE person, but I would take him.
Ehhh

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I was heavily expecting you to go make that name longer. My disappointment is immeasurable.

No seriously why is that name like that for ****s sake Square
It's interesting how Japan doesn't give a damn about brevity in their titles. Stuff like that or Kingdom Hearts are well-known, but here are a couple gems from a thread I saw a while ago specifically about long Japanese titles.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2's titles: Gravity Daze/ Gravitational Dizziness: The Perturbation of Her Inner Space Caused by the Repatriation of the Upper Stratum, and Gravity Daze 2/Gravitational Dizziness Final Chapter: The End of the Repatriation of the Upper Stratum, Choices That Converged Her Inner Space

Then there's the king: Summertime High School. A Young Man’s Notes – How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend On The School Tour, Then For Some Reason Became Super-Popular With The Girls For His Daily Scoops On The School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, And What He Thinks As He Goes On Dates During His Summer Of Island School Life

Meanwhile over here in the West, naming conventions are generally short and snappy, but often completely meaningless as a result, since they're chosen more for branding purposes than to be appropriate for the source material. Just before it was officially revealed, Anthem's titled was changed to what it is now, despite no one on the team knowing what that title could mean, and the writers having to invent a reason later on. Its original title was the equally meaningless and even less creative Beyond.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Sakurai TRULY was a miracle worker, then how come we still got 2 Final Fantasy songs?

thinkscott.png

ngl if Dragon Quest gets more music than Final Fantasy that is just really sad

D

Deleted member

On Disney, yeah I don't think Sora is making it. From what people who have directly worked with Disney have said, they are an extremely strict company with regards to their ip. See KH content in Disney Infinity. And that was internal too. From Disney's perspective it would be a smaller company approaching them "hey can we use your ip and have them get choked by solid snake". Too them it likely wouldn't seem like there's any benefit to letting Nintendo gain the rights to use one of its chaarcetrs for something that's ultimately pretty small and probably wouldn't net disney a ton of money.

D

Deleted member

*finds Burgh in the sewers after beating some Plasma grunts*
Me: "The **** you doing here instead of your job?"
Burgh: "I'm an artist."
Me:
Burgh: "Look I don't judge your life choices, kid."

Colress: "My what a splendid battle that was..."
Me: "And you are?"
Colress: "It really brought out the fullest potential of your Pokemon..."
Me: "All I did was use Force Palm once."
Colress: "I hope I get to see you unlock more of your Pokemon's potential. Bye now."
Me: "Getting real tired of people being vaguely ominous with their obvious foreshadowing."
This is giving me nostalgia. :p
Also Lucario is a good choice. I had one named "Mario", and it was my first Pokemon to ever get to Level 100.
It worked really well for me, good choice.
This is a Nuzlocke, I didn't choose anyone lol

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
What if...Brave is the friends we made along the way?

*Gets Boo’d offline forever*

Also this will always be my relationship with Nintendo

Also hiya Smashboards!

A4A90464-261F-4185-B7D0-92A8E3869A42.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bit of a weird question, but this just came to my mind: Have you ever thought of a character that had too MUCH moveset potential? As in it’d be hard to narrow down what moves would represent them the best in Smash?
Basically any game where the characters gets more than 5 weapons. Obviously they have to be scaled down to some extent.

Dante has like 8 different swords, a motorcycle, nun-chucks, a Guitar, and 4 Boots/Gloves for melee, 5 guns, rocket launchers, Laser cannons and so on. Not to mention style abilities.

Bayo just sticks to her basic ass guns and Wicked Weaves, despite having an arsenal that could rival Dante's.

Every Mega Man is a walking arsenal, with Mega Busters, bombs, flamethrowers, Force Fields, Tornadoes, Missiles, Drills, Swords ect. I like Mega Man a lot as he is, but there's so many ways to interpret his character that honestly, there's no one true answer. MvC makes him more pick-up and play, while Smash makes him a Zoner.

Double that for Mega Man X or Geo if you want to include attacks based on armors, and Shoto attacks.

I'd argue Sora is the same, he has such a Hodge-podge of moves it's hard to say where to stop.

Even Nintendo vets only really use a portion of their game abilities. Mario, Kirby and Samus being the biggest examples I think. Though in Mario's case, I think that's fine as he's the go-to beginner character. Samus doesn't use things like Ice Beam, Shinespark, Wave Beam ect, though I think she should have one of these to enhance her zoning playstyle. Literally every one of Kirby's moves could come from a different copy ability from his own games and you'd still have so much left over.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On Disney, yeah I don't think Sora is making it. From what people who have directly worked with Disney have said, they are an extremely strict company with regards to their ip. See KH content in Disney Infinity. And that was internal too. From Disney's perspective it would be a smaller company approaching them "hey can we use your ip and have them get choked by solid snake". Too them it likely wouldn't seem like there's any benefit to letting Nintendo gain the rights to use one of its chaarcetrs for something that's ultimately pretty small and probably wouldn't net disney a ton of money.
"So uh Disney, how cool are you with this happening to Sora?"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also sora just doesn't make much sense for nintendo to advertise if that's really their objective with the list they gave sakurai

joker/erdrick are for P5S and DQ11S if the best buy listing for persona is to be believed, whereas i'm fairly confident KH3 isn't getting ported to switch any time soon

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Unfortunately I have to agree. Hell, even Kingdom Hearts 3 was tampered with by Disney. MatPat actually made a very good theory about it:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Everyone is talking about their Erdricks and their Banjos, yet here I'm wondering if we're gonna get a complete shocker like Gordon Freeman or Kratos. Somebody that nobody expected at all.

D

Deleted member

Steve or Master Chief > Banjo
That is all.
Also, Geno is pretty boring to me.
I respect your opinion but I disagree with that so, so much.

In Fact my opinions are the exact opposite of this, I would prefer Banjo over Steve and MC.
And Geno is the opposite of boring, he is the most interesting Mario Character in my opinion and even outside of it his situation is incredibly interesting.

I can't say I don't understand why you would say that he's boring though as he only appeared in one game and that's it his personality and character hasn't progressed or changed for 20 years unlike so many other Mario Characters.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Everyone is talking about their Erdricks and their Banjos, yet here I'm wondering if we're gonna get a complete shocker like Gordon Freeman or Kratos. Somebody that nobody expected at all.
ngl if you told me back in march 2018 that this game's first DLC characters would be a piranha plant and joker from persona 5 i would've told you to **** off

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno May Cry
I honestly think Geno just gets denied by Sakurai himself. Sort of like sukapon or Mach rider. Sakurai wanted them and thought they could work but went with someone else. Granted the former is because of the jumping problem, but sukapon as far as I know is because Sakurai just went with ice climbers. I think his mind just constantly changes. Genos non playable status hurts as a huge supporter.
So you admit that you're unwilling to change your mind.

Then what's the point? If you're not willing to open your mind to discourse all you're doing is spouting your opinions and covering your ears when you're countered.

This is over as far as I'm concerned.
I won’t change my mind on one thing. That’s very different then not listening at all.

I think the argument that a company is greedy and can’t listen is stupid. People said they same about square and were completely wrong. I have no reason to believe they can’t be change and we really can’t argue that they won’t be open to it when there’s no way to predict that. So why bother?
You mean the mutual deal shared between the two?

Where Sega gets Sonic and Eggman to appear in the movie, in exchange for Ralph being a character in Sega Racing Transformed?

That sure does sound like Disney just "giving away" Ralph to me

well THAT just makes this whole thing pointless........

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
NGL, I was super hyped about getting the chance to kick Elsa's ass, but nope.

Can't have precious be portrayed as being anything but a princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom