• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
assuming nintendo would schedule their business releases around arbitrary dates like april fools or persona 5 related dates was never going to work out in practice
I know I know but I was hoping :(

At least we know something is happening sometime this month.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
**** went down, man.

Not gonna say what (the wounds are still fresh) but good god **** went down. My whole life was changed, and not on a good way. I learned something about my family and I barely know how to react to it, let alone how someone else would.
Man, that sounds heavy to say the least.
Whatever went down, we'll be here for you on the board.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Like Bayonetta shadow, ness/Lucas specials looking like backgrounds from their games. Which details would you give to Joker?

Example: There will be a text that pops up saying “WEAK” after a shield break from Joker.

D

Deleted member

**** went down, man.

Not gonna say what (the wounds are still fresh) but good god **** went down. My whole life was changed, and not on a good way. I learned something about my family and I barely know how to react to it, let alone how someone else would.
Not sure how much I can help, but be strong man, I'm sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay kiddos. Gather round. Get ready for some L O R E

Uncle Swamp is gonna tell you about the great Swamp vs Divine debate.

Once upon a time, during the Smash 4 speculation period. There was a user named DivineDiety. Divine started off pretty small, never said a lot. The things he did say though caught everyone's attention due to the absurdity of the claims.

The man thought that Smash should appeal almost exclusively to the western market due to us being a much bigger source of income. That by itself wasn't too bad of a statement, but he suggested doing this by completely removing Fire Emblem and Earthbound as they were too small and dead series.

After enough ridicule, he eventually changed his position so that only Marth, Roy, Ike and Ness should be in. He got into arguments frequently (as Smash 4 days were the arguing days) and did so in less then appealing ways.

I was one of the users who frequently interjected his points. @GoldenYuiitusin was another. Eventually, the dude got so angry and frustrated that he started calling us demons and insulting us whereever he went.

The man went into a depressing spiral where he simply became more and more hateful. He'd be more insulting and more aggressive and eventually starting to say...

really bad things...

Dude started to become a bigot in several ways. He was xenophobic though that part of him never got too bad. The worst thing was that he was extremely anti LGBT.

The dude was a conservative Christian and since there were a lot of nice people who were conservative Christians on this site (myself included) we tried to talk with him. We even discussed scripture to try and improve his outlook. He rarely listened though. He was banned repeatedly and given infractions multiple times a week.

Throughout all of this, he always wondered why the site hated him. It was obvious to everyone else, but he couldn't understand.

Finally he said one thing that the site just could not forgive...

He said that San Francisco should be bombed due to its large gay population (parphrasing here).

All sympathy for him was lost.

The man was appropriately infracted and was openly insulted by the community. After another small argument with him in a social, he challenged me to something.

An official debate.

One with a clear winner and loser. We would debate on the merits of keeping Fire Emblem and Earthbound in Smash and the winner would be determined by the most likes.

You can see where this is going and how someone with more self awareness would have seen this way of determining a winner was awful and loaded for me from the start. I told him this.

But of course... I accepted.

This got the whole community in a tizzy. They all wanted to see him fail and since I was a relatively popular user at the time, they supported me almost 100%. The social made it a show. @Moon Monkey , @Smooth Criminal and @Disfunkshunal all changed avatars and pretended to broadcast the event as sportcasters, making play by play commentary. Even the great John Madden made an appearance. @Johnknight1 was making hillarious comments the whole time. Everyone was into it. I was earning likes left and right and if I recall correctly, @Holder of the Heel was the only person to like Divine's statements out of sympathy. It was clear that I was going to win.

Divine saw the writing on the wall and even pushed the goalposts further by extending the debate and changing how the winner was decided. The community called him out on this. Everything was going well.

But then... tragedy! I had to leave for dinner. DivineDeity claimed that since I had left, I had forfeited and that the likes I had received were irrelevant. He was going to win. The thread was quick to shut that idea down...

But a lone hero jumped in to take my place and argue for me.

I wanna say it was @TheFirstPoppyBro but I honestly don't remember.

Regardless, the hero keep the debate going til I got back. I got a penalty for leaving for dinner and we continued.

The final score was overwhelmingly in my favor. Divine denied losing though and said that the thread was biased (No duh).

He eventually left on his own accord but it became an incredibly memorable time for the Smash 4 social and speculation community at large.

@Opossum @Arcanir were there. They (and the others I tagged) can vouch for the validity and fix any mistakes. Hopefully this explains the whole ordeal.
I think I was around during that time, but I never paid that dude much attention, didn't realize it got this heated.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Anyway I know you’re all anxious to see Joker, but if you break it down we won’t be waiting long. Just a few weeks left and this’ll all be a distant memory!

D

Deleted member

**** went down, man.

this one time i found out that my grandpa married my grandma when she was 15 and he was 20 and i was just like

sooo wacked out

like my grandpa was literally a pedophile like that's some weird*** **** to find out yeah

anyways idk where i'm going with this but we love and appreciate you no matter how your life changes okay

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Anyway I know you’re all anxious to see Joker, but if you break it down we won’t be waiting long. Just a few weeks left and this’ll all be a distant memory!
yeah but patience is for losers

osby

Smash Obsessed
Like Bayonetta shadow, ness/Lucas specials looking like backgrounds from their games. Which details would you give to Joker?

Example: There will be a text that pops up saying “WEAK” after a shield break from Joker.
I'd like to see his shadow dash when he jumps between covers. Maybe as his sidestep or something?

Noipoi

Howdy!
this one time i found out that my grandpa married my grandma when she was 15 and he was 20 and i was just like

sooo wacked out

like my grandpa was literally a pedophile like that's some weird*** **** to find out yeah

anyways idk where i'm going with this but we love and appreciate you no matter how your life changes okay

That hits close to home

D

Deleted member

Gonna be popping bottles when the second character is revealed to just be Joker again.

D

Deleted member

That hits close to home
i have literally no idea what's going on with you or what your situation is but i would just like to take a moment to reiterate the eternal yet forgotten truth that

your family doesn't define who you are

KMDP

Smash Legend
Heyyy, I got a respond from IsmaR, how cool! :D

OK, for real, thanks for saying that, in fact, I did want to share what I done here later after I posted that message, but of course, Smashboard's wood servor crashed again or somethin' and I couldn't share it earlier:/

Tho, now....(again I don't think it's NSFW, but just put it in spoiler juuust in case)
Keep in mind it's a work in progress, so there is still a lot I must do! That, and I am not the greatest at pixel art, but hey, that's just my silly opinion.
It looks pretty good! :D

D

Deleted member

Would that still count as being revealed before joker or
You see they're going to announce Joker as the second DLC character and then use that as an excuse to delay his release by a few more months.

D

Deleted member

y'all are sleeping on the possibility of them revealing AND releasing joker before they show off joker

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i have literally no idea what's going on with you or what your situation is but i would just like to take a moment to reiterate the eternal yet forgotten truth that

That reminds me, my grandma on my mother's side likely wouldn't want to talk with her if she married a black man and that ***** is surprised when most of the family ignores her and when I stopped visiting her. I hate everyone on my mother's side as those ****ers think I'm just choosing not to speak French. The language is ass and I can't speak it goddammit

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It looks pretty good! :D
Heeeey! Thanks!
Cute_alice!.png

I know it isn't much, but it always make me very happy when I hear good feedback. :D Because most of the time, I always see the bad instead of the good in my work...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Sakurai took all the 'never saw it coming' memes after Joker was revealed a bit too seriously and is now waiting until everyone forgets he's even coming at all (read: the heat death of the universe) before sneakily adding him in

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That reminds me, my grandma on my mother's side likely wouldn't want to talk with her if she married a black man and that ***** is surprised when most of the family ignores her and when I stopped visiting her. I hate everyone on my mother's side as those ****ers think I'm just choosing not to speak French. The language is *** and I can't speak it goddammit
A lot of the people on my mothers side wished they were American so they could have voted for Trump. :(

D

Deleted member

Im sleeping on it because im at least 90% sure that **** aint gonna happen
I personally feel the possibility of them doing that is extremely high. I could very easily see them waiting to time it around PSL.

I need to learn how to read. This was responding to Fay's post, which I completely misread because I'm a grade A goof.

Ooooooooooof. Nevermind.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai took all the 'never saw it coming' memes after Joker was revealed a bit too seriously and is now waiting until everyone forgets he's even coming at all (read: the heat death of the universe) before sneakily adding him in
yoo i may be a non corporeal entity who exists in permanent agony but at least joker's finally out

osby

Smash Obsessed

Thanks, I need to remind myself this once in a while.

Nice to see the hype for Joker will live as long as entropy itself.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They're going to reveal who the next character is this week.
They aren't going to show gameplay off.
They're going to show Joker gameplay this week, and will be released on the 24th.

Mostly cause seeing Gentlepanda Gentlepanda jump out a window would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom