• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Any Steven Universe fans anxiously awaiting for new episodes like I am?
I'm waiting patiently.
She's lost everything after season 7. Most recently, she has lost her marbles.
Man, it really sucks when your marbles go missing.

Makes it really tough to play schoolyard games

(Also, I'd like to reserve a District, though I don't know who I'm going to put in it yet).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
PsySmasher PsySmasher
It was hilarious how I kept on shooting you with blasters and you simply forward smash and it works.
I was like... why in the **** is this man shooting lasers at the ledge when I'm at 110% and he has like... anything more than 30% on him.

I've gotten used to the long stretch of nothingness that comes w/ being a Steven Universe fan.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I appreciate Galaxy 2 for giving my boi some well deserved acrobatics and more abilities :yoshi:
I always appreciated the Infinite Flutterjump Glitch. Like, it was incredibly useful, especially for how simple it is to pull off.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94

Well, you wanted to see what I could do with Pac-Man.....

To be honest I'M not completely sure what this is... All I know is that his mouth and the dot on his stomach change color depending on the ghost he most recently ate.
Das a big boy, not bad at all, interesting design choice.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Screw it. For you guys I'll make a Post-Champion Update:
Summary:
nuzlocke-0b3bc925-6ee3-45c3-ac21-c29483b1986d.png

Recap:
I'm splitting this into parts and detailing each fight. I made this as I went through each fight, so it's good ****
  • I decided to start out with Koga since he was the member I was least prepared for. Might as well get it over with.
    • Blue wipes his first 3 Pokémon, until out comes Tentacruel.
      • oh****icetypemoves.jpg
    • I switch out to Leviathan anticipating an Ice Type attack.
    • Swords Dance
    • Maybe Crunch will do half damage?
      • It's a 3HKO.
    • Swords Dance
    • Commence the heal wars since I can't risk losing Blue and Leviathan is the only team member who can properly tank attacks
      • Woody did come in to help for one turn tho since I thought Intimidate would work to lower Tenacruel's attack
        • BUT IT HAS CLEAR BODY SO **** ME
    • Ultimately, Leviathan succumbs to poisoned jab wounds.
    • Fjorm and Blue finish the fight
  • That's not how I wanted to start this Elite Four at all, but I guess it wouldn't be a tehponycorn nuzlocke Elite 4 if I didn't have a Pokémon on my team contribute almost nothing.

EZPZ
  • Similar to Koga, I'm not really prepared for him. I do have Aerial Ace on Blue and Krakatoa with Extrasensory though.
  • He starts with Hitmontop
    • Intimidate is meh, but whatever. Aerial Ace'll do it.
  • After some crit and healing shenanigans, Hitmontop is down and out comes Hitmonchan
  • You know this guy's got Ice Punch
  • In comes Krakatoa
    • Before the fight I gave him the Choice Specs since we got those before the Elite 4
  • Who knew Choice Specs Eruption could be so strong.
  • I mess up towards the end and use Struggle against his last Pokémon, a Lucario, but Krakatoa doesn't die so it's okay.
  • Leafy actually does something and takes out the Lucario
  • To round out the Elite 4, Karen
    • We start out with Woody since he's got Hammer Arm
    • She starts with Mightyena
      • Intimidate
        • Of Course
    • One X Attack and some Attract shenanigans later out comes Spiritomb
    • Despite the scare, two Strengths take it down. Next is Umbreon. I swap into Fjorm since Woody's beaten up
      • It's a ****ing Double Team Toxic Umbreon
        • Whatever. It's gone
    • Next is Houndoom
      • Man. I sure wish I had a ****ing Water type.
      • 1 dig from Blue later and it's down.
    • Up next is Honchkrow
      • Why did I remove Strength from Blue again?
      • Krakatoa is able to tank a Brave Birb and take it down with Flamethrower
    • Finally, she has Absol.
      • Leafy sets up screens for Woody to come in and take it out
  • We start with Woody to set up Stealth Rocks
    • He's rockin' a Focus Sash now because who the **** knows what Lance has to start.
  • He starts with a Gyarados so it's warranted
    • It goes for...Stone Edge?
      • Thanks for the free rocks
  • Aqua Tail is a 2HKO for Woody.
    • Oh shiznit I've got nothing
    • OH WAIT I'VE GOT LEAFY
      • Leafy sets up a Reflect
    • Swap back into Woody
  • Aqua Tail is now a 4-5HKO for Woody.
    • I'm a genius.
  • Out goes Gyarados, and in comes Garchomp
    • Use the last of my Reflect to swap into Fjorm
  • Bye Garchomp
  • Hi Aerodactyl
  • Bye Aerodactyl
  • Up next is Charizard
    • I'm not dealing with that
  • I swap into Krakatoa since I have no other viable options (Woody is too hurt)
    • Extrasensory -> Death
  • Out comes Dragonite 1
    • It uses Fire Blast?
  • Out goes Dragonite 1
  • In comes Dragonite 2
    • I guess we'll just keep spamming Extrasensory since none of my switches are safe
      • Earthquake
        • Krakatoa crumbles
          • D:
  • Alrighty then. We'll use Fjorm. Fake Out -> Kill always works
    • IT DIDN'T WORK
      • FJORM GETS MAULED
        • :drfacepalm::dr-_-::drsad:
          • WHY DIDN'T I ****ING ICE PUNCH WE WOULD'VE OUTSPED
            • R.I.P. the OG Team
  • Blue outspeeds Lance's Dragonite for the win
    • **** Lance
      • **** his stolen ass champion theme too. We all know it's Red's theme you asshole.
  • The worst part of all this? We've only just made it half way.
  • Up next we've got Kanto, Brock, and Misty, after which my knowledge of the game ends.
Wish me luck everyone. I'm sure going to need it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Still need to finish season 8. Gonna try to watch everything I need to catch up over the next two or so days so I can start watching season 9.
I shan't say a thing about season 9. But I think it's shaping up to be a good closer to the series. One reason being that they've got an excellent new villain taking center stage already...

I've survived too many hiatuses by now.

I'm craving more episodes already, but I can wait a while since the last episode was the season finale, at least. And a very good one, at that.

I'm waiting patiently.

Man, it really sucks when your marbles go missing.

Makes it really tough to play schoolyard games

(Also, I'd like to reserve a District, though I don't know who I'm going to put in it yet).
It gets better: she's talking to a crude drawing of Thorax while she's making this face, gloating that "he'll see", that she'll finally defeat Twilight and her friends.

Yeah...Her sanity is pretty much gone by the time you see her in the season premiere.

(Your district will be reserved.)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Super Survivor is still a GOAT opening song.

EDIT: HOLY ****! The MSH Spider-Man in my sig finally works!!

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Not to sound elitist or biased towards this site or anything, but has anybody made note of how great GameFAQs is if you want a Smash fandom related laugh? It's particularly good if you want an example of just how big of lunatics the fans can be. It's a far cry from here; where we respectfully disagree and occasionally even offer moral support to opponents most of the time (emphasis on most), there you'll be able to see mudslinging on... pretty much 98% of the boards. If you ever feel like reminding yourself why the fine folks at SORA go by the beat of their own drum, just shimmy on over there.

Huh. Now that I think about it, a Virgin vs. Chad meme sounds pret-ty fitting for a situation like this. Not me, I don't know how to manage that sort of stuff.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas

Alright, last one for the night. Solid Snake!
IMG_4353.jpg

This sneaking suit is supposed to take elements from both the MGS1 an MGS2 suits. But it's also supposed to be skintight with no pockets. Hs equiptment is OSP. So He wouldn't have a bunch of holsters and pockets. I imagine him picking up a weapon till it's used up then discarding it for a new one, but never carrying more than one at a time to stay light. The suit is skin tight to prevent noise and has octo-camo built in.

Now to go to sleep. Noipoi Noipoi UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin and Opossum Opossum 's requests will be done tomorrow.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Not to sound elitist or biased towards this site or anything, but has anybody made note of how great GameFAQs is if you want a Smash fandom related laugh? It's particularly good if you want an example of just how big of lunatics the fans can be. It's a far cry from here; where we respectfully disagree and occasionally even offer moral support to opponents most of the time (emphasis on most), there you'll be able to see mudslinging on... pretty much 98% of the boards. If you ever feel like reminding yourself why the fine folks at SORA go by the beat of their own drum, just shimmy on over there.

Huh. Now that I think about it, a Virgin vs. Chad meme sounds pret-ty fitting for a situation like this. Not me, I don't know how to manage that sort of stuff.
GameFAQS currently worships Erdrick and Steve, shuts literally every character down and thinks Goku has a higher chance than Banjo.

In short... pure evil.

No offense to genuine Erdrick/Steve supporters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

There are still people there salty and angry over Corrin. It's kinda sad.

There's also a lot of Sakurai-hating trolls over there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
“But this one is different! He/she has a SHIELD! And SPELLS!”
Honestly I stopped giving a **** about swordfighters a while ago. It’s being from Fire Emblem I have a problem with! *ba doom ching*

All joking aside, Erdrick has plenty of unique moveset potential and I can’t wsit to see how she plays.

There are still people there salty and angry over Corrin. It's kinda sad.

There's also a lot of Sakurai-hating trolls over there.
I mean, when the everyone is here trailer was first being live-streamed and we got to her I literally told her to **** off

I feel like if they had saved her for Ultimate and we had gotten someone else in the DLC nobody would care about her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can find Smash fandom related laughs in pretty much every Smash fansite honestly, even here. Sadly in every site there are people who become obsessed in the game's roster and how to make it "perfect", and this includes disliking the possibility of newcomers from the biggest media franchise (Pokemon), cutting certain characters they don't like, hating of certain archetypes, downplaying certain characters and franchises while overplaying theirs, making silly arguments in general, and I can go on and on.

It's funny that this thread, which is pretty much random general, is one of the most sane places for discussion makes you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I can find Smash fandom related laughs in pretty much every Smash fansite honestly, even here. Sadly in every site there are people who become obsessed in the game's roster and how to make it "perfect", and this includes disliking the possibility of newcomers from the biggest media franchise (Pokemon), cutting certain characters they don't like, hating of certain archetypes, downplaying certain characters and franchises while overplaying theirs, making silly arguments in general, and I can go on and on.

It's funny that this thread, which is pretty much random general, is one of the most sane places for discussion makes you think.
Ain't that the truth. My personal perfect Smash Bros. would be...
...a game featuring characters from all walks of the gaming industry. Characters such as Heavy, Chief, Banjo, Ratchet, Jak, ad infinitum (no, I have no issue with Goku getting in. Yes, I know that's more impossible than getting the others mentioned.) joining the characters already present for one of the biggest crossovers in gaming history. The game would be available on all platforms - PC, XBox, Playstation - and would encourage the healthier mindset of playing across all platforms and not sitting on a throne of elitism. That'd be my ideal Smash game.

But I'm fine with what we've got. It's a monumental achievement to bring back so many different characters (a handful of which haven't been seen in the fight in over 10 years!) and over 100 different arenas, so I'm taking what's coming to me. No regrets, no worries. People should share this mindset.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is anyone here pretty proficient at Script Writing? I've been working on mine for a while but have recently restarted because I wasn't happy with some of the outcome. Anyone down for helping me write this one? I would really appreciate it.

Edit: Literary. Sorry should've specifies that.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
GameFAQS currently worships Erdrick and Steve, shuts literally every character down and thinks Goku has a higher chance than Banjo.

In short... pure evil.

No offense to genuine Erdrick/Steve supporters
You mean they're doing the exact same thing with Erdrick/Steve they did with Ridley/K. Rool, just superimposed onto new characters because they actually got what they wanted for once?

I for one am shocked!

Shocked!

Okay not that shocked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is anyone here pretty proficient at Script Writing? I've been working on mine for a while but have recently restarted because I wasn't happy with some of the outcome. Anyone down for helping me write this one? I would really appreciate it.
What kind of script, literary or programming? Only know the second one :b

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
better yet steal a page from Torna and make her wield her own weapon while Rex supports from the back.
That would be amazing! I could continue to play as her the whole time!
DevaAshera DevaAshera
Where'd you get that picture of Kawakami?
I'd share it here, but its ecchi.
Its from an artist called SlugBox, who I love the artstyle of, and includes both her and 'Becky'.
As an idea of what kind of ecchi it is..I literally bought a body pillow of it at Metrocon since I literally couldn't find any other stuff of her there (got plenty of art prints for Makoto Niijima and even one of Tae Takemi).
Just search SlugBox Kawakami_Sadayo on Gelbooru or Google and you'll come across it eventually.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You mean they're doing the exact same thing with Erdrick/Steve they did with Ridley/K. Rool, just superimposed onto new characters because they actually got what they wanted for once?

I for one am shocked!

Shocked!

Okay not that shocked.
Man, there's gotta be a scientific effect for something like that...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A few shining examples of GameFAQs being terrible

lmfao at people that don't want literally any character cut
It is a little holier than thou. Especially the “I don’t want anyone to lose their main” shtick.

There's nothing irrational about hating Hackurai.

Zealously defending a man with an insane persona and ego, has been caught in his lies on multiple occasions, regularly disregards what the fans want in a series that is all about fanservice, and has the gall to say arrogant s*** like "Never ask me for anything again." when he didn't even give us much of anything we wanted past Melee and just did whatever he wanted..... THAT is irrational.

You are not supposed to bend over to Hackurai. Hackurai is supposed to bend over to US. That's what being in charge of a series that is known more for fanservice than gameplay entails. And if he can't comply, he needs to get the hell out and give the series to someone else. Kirby is certainly better off for him leaving after Kirby Air Ride.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
*They think the "Never ask me for anything" meme is something he actually said*
*They also laugh at people who get their favorite characters cut in certain installments*
*They fail to see the concept of developers throwing in a little something-something for themselves, because it's only fair that they get a slice of the pie*

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Does..does that person really think Sakurai actually said 'never ask me for anything again'? Was he not able to figure out that was a joke and meme about all the content Sakurai throws in games?
Yeah, true, he doesn't bow to fan demands..but no game devs do, if they did everything fans wanted, we might not get things we didn't even know we wanted..such as Wii Fit Trainer, Ice Climbers, Cloud, Bayonetta, Joker, or even Rosalina or Mega Man (considering these same fans said they'd just be clones of Peach and Samus..)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ah, the "developers aren't actually human beings and the customer should get everything they want ever even when it's stupid and contradictory" mentality.

I haven't missed it.

Even more so the cut thirst mentality. At my last count like three fifths of the roster consistently came up in cut conversations, most of which basically because people didn't personally like the characters. Blanket demands for all clones to be cut because it somehow takes away from the game for them to exist and for all third party characters to be cut "because Smash Bros was supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo and it ruins the purity of the game" are particularly common. Considering literally every character I particularly love is on their cut list except maybe Inkling now, I still haven't fully shaken the trust issues I have with the Smash fandom because of it.

Just let me play as Lucario and Sonic in peace and stop whining because you haven't been shovel fed more 90's nostalgia, people.

*EDIT* Oh, and GameFAQs is also why I hate the words "shill" and "apologist," because that's what they call anyone who doesn't act like your quotes above.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me: "VR isn't relevant at all anymo-"
There was a problem fetching the tweet
"VR should be implemented on other Switch games"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom