• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He is not just a murder machine.

I love Omega, I love Blaze, so you know that I have to not romantically ship the two.

A badass Big Robot & a badass small cat, they are made for each others.:denzel:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"and has the gall to say arrogant **** like "Never ask me for anything again."."

He...He thought that was an actual quote from Sakurai...?
I bet you don't even know about the time Sakurai said "I put Corrin in the game because I am evil and like to flush SMRPG carts down the toilet."

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not to sound elitist or biased towards this site or anything, but has anybody made note of how great GameFAQs is if you want a Smash fandom related laugh? It's particularly good if you want an example of just how big of lunatics the fans can be. It's a far cry from here; where we respectfully disagree and occasionally even offer moral support to opponents most of the time (emphasis on most), there you'll be able to see mudslinging on... pretty much 98% of the boards. If you ever feel like reminding yourself why the fine folks at SORA go by the beat of their own drum, just shimmy on over there.

Huh. Now that I think about it, a Virgin vs. Chad meme sounds pret-ty fitting for a situation like this. Not me, I don't know how to manage that sort of stuff.
Okay, first off, allow me to apologize for not noticing your username by now. Ratchet & Clank games on the PS2 were/are great, and you are a person of taste for having a reference to them.

I wouldn't worry about feeling like you're picking on any particular group. GameFAQs (or at least its Smash division) deserves all the bullying (albeit cleverly). That board is a complete dumpster fire and I'm glad I left it. Not to mention how inferior it is in terms of discussions, which I guess the lack of a proper avatar system and its bizarre anonymity creates this fusion that's essentially the worst of both worlds. That being said, I guess no site is perfect. I think I prefer the camaraderie I found here, and my experience (so far) has generally been good.

I think I'll keep my rose-tinted glasses put away in the mind cabinet, so the Virgin vs. Chad post I made here earlier had to go.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was chillin so hard listening to Disturbed on headphones that I didn't realize I was singing the songs loudly.

Now my neighbors will suffer more by hearing my imitation of David Draiman

OH-WA-A-A-A-A!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I bet you don't even know about the time Sakurai said "I put Corrin in the game because I am evil and like to flush SMRPG carts down the toilet."
I mean tbf that's one of my hobbies too
Okay, first off, allow me to apologize for not noticing your username by now. Ratchet & Clank games on the PS2 were/are great, and you are a person of taste for having a reference to them.

I wouldn't worry about feeling like you're picking on any particular group. GameFAQs (or at least its Smash division) deserves all the bullying (albeit cleverly). That board is a complete dumpster fire and I'm glad I left it. Not to mention how inferior it is in terms of discussions, which I guess the lack of a proper avatar system and its bizarre anonymity creates this fusion that's essentially the worst of both worlds.

As for the Virgin vs. Chad thing, I've got you covered~

The VirginFAQs
>several dozen mean-spirited topics berating a character for petty reasons
>users being generally unfriendly and ill-tempered, always lashing out at others
>you get more camaraderie in /v/ due to niche character fanbases huddling together
>threads that go too far in supporting or bashing a character's inclusion with weak/bias evidence
>overconfident supporters who claim they will eat their own feces if they're wrong about a prediction
>Grinch zealots too full of pride, not wanting to associate with #TeamFence in order to avoid disappointment

The ChadBoards
>topics that stay on-topic, without the mods or admins needing to baby users
>members that properly debate on topics, never straying too far out of line because of basic decency
>plenty of supporters for every character in the roster, plus a welcome and diverse collection of members
>generally-likable people who are easy-going and respectable for the most part, with surprising shared interests
>a humble crowd that just wants to have fun, going so far as to keep themselves and fellow users entertained out of altruism
>users have standards when it comes to joking around and ****posting, have self-deprecative humor, and a tendency to compliment others

If some of this sounds repetitive, it's because there's not enough stressing how glaring the difference between both sites are.
Gamefaqs points 2, 5 and 6 apply here too and SB points 1, 2, 3 and 5 are blatantly untrue. People like to go "Heh, THIS community is better than THAT one" when in actuality this place can be pretty garbage too

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was chillin so hard listening to Disturbed on headphones that I didn't realize I was singing the songs loudly.

Now my neighbors will suffer more by hearing my imitation of David Draiman

OH-WA-A-A-A-A!
Sound of Silence is like the best cover to ever exist ever in the history of music and if you disagree you're wrong.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Gamefaqs points 2, 5 and 6 apply here too and SB points 1, 2, 3 and 5 are blatantly untrue. People like to go "Heh, THIS community is better than THAT one" when in actuality this place can be pretty garbage too
Given the amount of time you spent on here, you've definitely seen a lot of things I haven't, so I'll take your word for it. Since my post seems like a wall of potemkin praise, I'll delete it at your pleasure.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I haz two questions about Discord that my tired and fried brain couldn't determine despite reading a tutorial en español

1-Can I chat 1-on-1 without servers?
2-Can I send the lewds there without getting bodied?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The ChadBoards
>topics that stay on-topic, without the mods or admins needing to baby users
>members that properly debate on topics, never straying too far out of line because of basic decency
HAHAHA... no.

These points specifically were broken earlier today in this thread.

While this site does have it's good points, it definitely isn't those things.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I used to be on it :yoshi:
Me too.

On the other hand, I also remember the time when a seemingly completely average user got outed as the guy that floods Fanfiction.net/AO3 with hundreds of fart fetish fics. (and he is a "that one guy" on FF.net/AO3, he pretty much ruled the Smash Bros section of both via sheer volume of this stuff for a couple of years)

So uh. . .

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Given the amount of time you spent on here, you've definitely seen a lot of things I haven't, so I'll take your word for it. If my post seems like a wall of potemkin praise, I'll delete it at your pleasure.
Potemkin praise is the worst because Potemkin is the worst character in Guilty Gear, friends don't let friends try to pick up Potemkin

Where was I going with this again?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Potemkin praise is the worst because Potemkin is the worst character in Guilty Gear, friends don't let friends try to pick up Potemkin

I've basically painted this site in a faux light to make it seem better than it actually is, so I took it upon myself to modify the original post.

Also, the potemkin comment comes from the term Potemkin Village, where an awful landmark has its touring section looking nice to hide how bad the rest of the city really is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This place has profile pictures which allow me to visualize people better so at least there's that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, doing that rn.

Im quite proud of that one, but yeah, I can't show it here because... you know, you know.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........
tumblr_m438b8elil1r877bvo1_250.gif

Is this what I'm thinking off?:ultridley:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Me too.

On the other hand, I also remember the time when a seemingly completely average user got outed as the guy that floods Fanfiction.net/AO3 with hundreds of fart fetish fics. (and he is a "that one guy" on FF.net/AO3, he pretty much ruled the Smash Bros section of both via sheer volume of this stuff for a couple of years)

So uh. . .
Haha...you said fart and volume in the same post.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've deemed the thread not wholesome enough so I'm posting this
There was a problem fetching the tweet

ALSO HOLY **** KAMEN RIDER JUST LET TWO MALE CHARACTERS SIT IN BED AND ****ING KISS I THOUGHT THEM MAKING THE LAST HEISEI RIDER A CANONICALLY GAY CHARACTER WAS TOEI TRYING TO MEME GAY RIGHTS BUT OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD

osby

Smash Obsessed

ALSO HOLY **** KAMEN RIDER JUST LET TWO MALE CHARACTERS SIT IN BED AND ****ING KISS I THOUGHT THEM MAKING THE LAST HEISEI RIDER A CANONICALLY GAY CHARACTER WAS TOEI TRYING TO MEME GAY RIGHTS BUT OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD
Man, I woke up sick and tired and seeing this first thing really helped me. Thanks.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Every time he claps, I can hear reality having a hiccup.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not yet lol

Im getting closer on the list tho. :denzel:

Just to give an idea of how huge my queue is: I scanned, refined and assembled 11 different drawings today (1 safe, 10 unsafe, all colored) made over the course of 6 days.

Lowkey flex
Holy maccaroni, that's alot.

Well, I guess I wait more then.
3134517846_1_20_6Emp9hyt.gif

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not yet lol

Im getting closer on the list tho. :denzel:

Just to give an idea of how huge my queue is: I scanned, refined and assembled 11 different drawings today (1 safe, 10 unsafe, all colored) made over the course of 6 days.

Lowkey flex
Holy ****, that's a lot of pictures lol. Also that safe:unsafe ratio is kinda hilarious. :p

D

Deleted member

I haz two questions about Discord that my tired and fried brain couldn't determine despite reading a tutorial en español

Yes and yes

I thought this was about the movie why doe GG have a character named Potemkin

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I know it has already been answered, but yeah, you can talk to someone in private and give them all the lewd you want without problem. (as long they are cool with it of course)

Proof: I do that from time to time with peoples on discord.:yeahboi:

Shroob

Sup?
How many of y'all believe in irl curses?

I don't, but I've stumbled upon a doll that's supposedly actually cursed.

Would I get in trouble for posting it?:dr^_^:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice

Si, solo tienes que saber cual es su nombre de usuario y pedirle una solicitud de amistad para enviarle mensaje.
Y si, puedes enviar esos tipos de imagenes sin que te lanzen una bomba nuclear.

Wait, what do you mean this isn't SpanishBoards?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

These have been answered but...
1 - Absolutely.
2 - From my experience, Discord might try to censor your content 'cause it's acted wonky with me in the past, at least in private DMs. You can make a
private server for this stuff to get around it. That's basically what I do when I send lewds anyway.

Bonus - There's a spoiler box option for everything you post as well, but it's mostly unnecessary for that kind of content since you can make channels with a NSFW warning filter anyhow.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I know it has already been answered, but yeah, you can talk to someone in private and give them all the lewd you want without problem. (as long they are cool with it of course)

Proof: I do that from time to time with peoples on discord.:yeahboi:

Guess now that I have my scans I can begin for realsies

Imma be lazy with the claimed account as I forgot my email password kek

*Actually adds Mythra imitating Melvin to the list*

Si, solo tienes que saber cual es su nombre de usuario y pedirle una solicitud de amistad para enviarle mensaje.
Y si, puedes enviar esos tipos de imagenes sin que te lanzen una bomba nuclear.

Wait, what do you mean this isn't SpanishBoards?

Es mas facil de lo que pensaba.
Considerando que hay una bomba nuclear sobre mi aqui es bueno saber que allá no.

No, esto es... EspañolTablas :V

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guess now that I have my scans I can begin for realsies

Imma be lazy with the claimed account as I forgot my email password kek

*Actually adds Mythra imitating Melvin to the list*

Es mas facil de lo que pensaba.
Considerando que hay una bomba nuclear sobre mi aqui es bueno saber que allá no.

No, esto es... EspañolTablas :V
For the future, do you want I give you my discord username in PM? Again?:ultcharizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom