• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My PS4 Pro is collecting so much dust, that it does a better job at collecting dust than a vacuum does.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not saying K. Rool is high tier, or even good. That was never the issue.

My issue is that it's very clear you're using his tier placement to mask your true intentions. It's obvious you have an ulterior motive, given the absurd lengths you've gone to in the past to unnecessarily **** on K. Rool.
If anything I'm emphazising it because I pity him. A character that is supposed to be THAT popular shouldn't have to be so poorly designed that one of the draws, being a Juggernaut/Broly archetype, which wasn't shown until a prerelease demo which frustrated the hell out of me as that is GENUINELY a cool archetype, ends up being such a detriment to the character

D

Deleted member

Digital Copies >>>>> Physical Copies

I speak the truth.
Physical games have so many day one downloads and enough DLC that we're reaching a point where there really isn't any distinction or benefit to buying physical anymore. Only reason to buy physical at this point is if it's a Special Edition, IMO.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Physical games have so many day one downloads and enough DLC that we're reaching a point where there really isn't any distinction or benefit to buying physical anymore. Only reason to buy physical at this point is if it's a Special Edition, IMO.
Or just cause people like having physical copies of things so they can hold and look at them...

Doesn’t need to be special edition to be added to someone’s collection

*stares at my pitiful game collection*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well considering what Sakurai has said about K.Rool we DO know the idea was to give him stuff heavies usually have, as in, make him unorthodox. Right?
Yes, this is true.
And he's considered a terrible character, meaning this is a detriment, right?
...But this is not necessarily true. It could just be the implementation of these gimmicks that were handled poorly. They gave him a lot of strengths, but played up his weaknesses too much to compensate. Still though, I still believe he's a functional character, especially at low to mid levels of play.

...And in casual free-for-alls, which we should rember that Smash is primarily designed for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was on sale then. Though if you plan on buying games digitally it's good to check. I bought MGSV for like 3 euros because of that too
You are right, those are fantastic deals!
I may have to keep an eye for the next ones.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have been watching :ultpokemontrainer: footage recently, and I still hope Charizard will eventually be used for more than just Flare Blitz and up throw, at least across more players. Maybe patches can come to its aid. This is how the trio appears to the human eye:

D3CTWPdWkAEvKSg.png

My slight Charizard bias insists.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything I'm emphazising it because I pity him. A character that is supposed to be THAT popular shouldn't have to be so poorly designed that one of the draws, being a Juggernaut/Broly archetype, which wasn't shown until a prerelease demo which frustrated the hell out of me as that is GENUINELY a cool archetype, ends up being such a detriment to the character
Just color me skeptical given some things you've said in the past, I guess.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes, this is true.
...But this is not necessarily true. It could just be the implementation of these gimmicks that were handled poorly. They gave him a lot of strengths, but played up his weaknesses too much to compensate. Still though, I still believe he's a functional character, especially at low to mid levels of play.
His strengths are that he's really heavy, has surprisingly good vertical recovery and can make a mistake. The armour can break which makes him MORE vulnerable. He does too much knockback and is too slow to follow up on most of his attacks. He feels like he'd be good in Brawl, which isn't exactly a compliment

D

Deleted member

Or just cause people like having physical copies of things so they can hold and look at them...

Doesn’t need to be special edition to be added to someone’s collection

*stares at my pitiful game collection*
I like having a physical collection of games too, but I just can't deny that digital is much more convenient nowadays.

That said, I still buy certain Switch games physically because I don't wanna fill my SD card up too quickly (large SD Cards are peckin' expensive).

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have been watching :ultpokemontrainer: footage recently, and I still hope Charizard will eventually be used for more than just Flare Blitz and up throw, at least across more players. Maybe patches can come to its aid. This is how the trio appears to the human eye:

View attachment 204935

That's because Charizard's a basic ass *****. I'll never understand why he was the one chosen to stay in Smash 4 when the Pokemon Trainer was cut.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like having a physical collection of games too, but I just can't deny that digital is much more convenient nowadays.

That said, I still buy certain Switch games physically because I don't wanna fill my SD card up too quickly (large SD Cards are peckin' expensive).
I don’t get most of my games digitally mostly because I tend to find them cheaper used somewhere and you don’t get that same discount digitally. Also becomes a pain in the ass if you lose the system in some way

But I agree about it being convenient. I actually do have a small collection of digital games on my 3DS for traveling purposes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just color me skeptical given some things you've said in the past, I guess.
My issue that I went on about in the past was ****head fans and that boring ass trailer which pissed me off when we found out he might have been so much more with his wackier animations and gimmick not being shown. I genuinely had K.Rool in my top 3 most wanted during Smash 4 speculation after all

D

Deleted member

Phisical games are good for preservation purposes.

The problem of digital games is mostly this, since we lost some hidden gems like the Scott Pilgrim game for being digital-only games.

Just keep offering both options until this problem can finally be solved at last.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My issue that I went on about in the past was ****head fans and that boring *** trailer which pissed me off when we found out he might have been so much more with his wackier animations and gimmick not being shown. I genuinely had K.Rool in my top 3 most wanted during Smash 4 speculation after all
If K Rool has an ass trailer I don’t wanna see it
Not my speed

But also I’ve found that I ended up enjoying the trailers people are calling boring

Shrug

D

Deleted member

My issue that I went on about in the past was ****head fans and that boring *** trailer which pissed me off when we found out he might have been so much more with his wackier animations and gimmick not being shown. I genuinely had K.Rool in my top 3 most wanted during Smash 4 speculation after all
It’s alright Gwen.

You have your reasons to dislike K.Rool the way he is in Ultimate, which are fair.
In my case, I just accept how you view the character and don’t worry about it.

Why would I have anything bad towards someone over their thoughts on a game element? More so when the person in concrete has been always kind with me?

We may have different thoughts on some stuff, but I still enjoy talking with people like you.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, if Persona 5 Switch is Persona 5 The Royal with added Switch functionality (from what TPC mentioned before), I can see why it'd be $60. However if it's just gonna be the base vanilla game and especially doesn't include all the DLC they released for it, then price it for $60, I can't vibe with that.

Not to mention, who knows how big the game will be. It's 20.2GB already, so it might just be another "Internet Connection Required" case, if anyone wants it physical.

Hopefully April will actually be worth the 4 month wait.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's a funny thought I just had after sitting though the one-millionth time I've seen a YTer talk about their Patreon.

How long do you think it'll take before Youtube starts taking the piss on Patreon?

They already banned linking to giveaways and Twitch stream announcements(though people do it anyway), it just seems like either Patreon shilling, or advertisements(Dollar Shave Club/Nord VPN, anyone?) are next to go.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I do find it funny that Incineroar, K Rool, and Ridley all have a brand new type of DSmash where they leap up and fall on the floor causing a shockwave.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gwen, I didn't want to bring it up, but you were literally going on and on about how "K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats" was too similar to the KKK (despite literally being, if anything, the KRKK...literally closer to KK Slider or K. Rool's own initials than the KKK). If that isn't needlessly trying to start problems with people, I'm not sure what is, because acts the definition of making an issue out of nothing.

That kind of stuff is why I find it hard to believe you're saying this stuff in good faith.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 204935

Flare Blitz isn't even that good of a move, imo, unless you're calling out really careless or predictable play. It's reactable and super punishable if shield. I use it primarily as a recovery mix up.

Charizard has the 9th fastest running speed in the game, four aerials that kill, a massive Nair that combos into jab, a frame six Up Smash OoS but all some people ever seem to do with him is :GCR::GCB: as if they are a bunch of For Glory scrubs.

Roberk

Smash Champion
That's because Charizard's a basic *** *****. I'll never understand why he was the one chosen to stay in Smash 4 when the Pokemon Trainer was cut.
Choosing a PT Pokémon for Smash 4:
“What about the turtle that shoots water!”
“What about the toad with plant powers!”

Sakurai: “Dragon”

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's because Charizard's a basic *** *****. I'll never understand why he was the one chosen to stay in Smash 4 when the Pokemon Trainer was cut.
Popularity.

Guess why it and mewtwo the only one to ever get 2 megas.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Gwen, I didn't want to bring it up, but you were literally going on and on about how "K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats" was too similar to the KKK (despite literally being, if anything, the KRKK...literally closer to KK Slider or K. Rool's own initials than the KKK). If that isn't needlessly trying to start problems with people, I'm not sure what is, because acts the definition of making an issue out of nothing.

That kind of stuff is why I find it hard to believe you're saying this stuff in good faith.
What happened there was me talking about a rather unfortunate resemblance, especially as I heard some rather nasty rumours about the people who came up with the name I'm hoping are just fake, and how people are playing the victim as if by saying "Oh wow that is very unfortunate like how there's an Isis Megazord that blows **** up whenever it appears" means "This is clearly deliberate"
I do find it funny that Incineroar, K Rool, and Ridley all have a brand new type of DSmash where they leap up and fall on the floor causing a shockwave.
I'm honestly slightly disappointed it wasn't the butt bounce from 64 as I put that on my fan moveset for him

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Good news for y'all Persona fans. It's gonna be absolutely wild, though, if @tehponycorn isn't right about P5R and Persona 5 Switch is $60.

Nnnaahhh Naah this cant be rigjt
Naahhh
naaaah
nah

Noipoi

Howdy!
We gotta give these guys a down smash
The game is out in FOUR DAYS
Oh **** oh **** uhhhh

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sees a bajillion notifications
“Haha score”
No quotes
“Haha I’m lonely”

Joking obviously, but I do end up getting overly excited when people quote me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom