• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It appears that I have been complimented by Smashing Ramen . I do immensely appreciate the love, but there was one thing that really got me.

It appears that there are numerous layers of compliments that I may have missed on my 4 day hiatus from Smashboards?! Well, in that case, why not put everybody on the same playing field instead of separate bundles?

1. @-crump-
  2. @Alice the B-Rabbit
  3. @AndreaAC
  4. @Arigarmy
  5. @Blargg888
  6. @Bolderousness
  7. @CallMeKnux
  8. @Chinderblock
  9. @ChaosSharpedo
  10. ClaTheBae ClaTheBae
  11. @Coricus
  12. Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
  13. Cyn Cyn
  14. @Dannio
  15. Diem Diem
  16. @Dyllybirdy
  17. @Elma
  18. @faygoshill
  19. @Freezerburn
  20. @Flyboy
  21. @Galaxy Queen Rosalina
  22. @Gentlepanda
  23. @Good Guy Giygas
  24. @Hinata
  25. Idon Idon
  26. @Iridium
  27. @JDCabrera
  28. Just a penguin Just a penguin
  29. @KingofPhantoms
  30. @KMDP
  31. @Luigi The President
  32. @Michael the Spikester
  33. @Moydow
  34. @Mr. Wario
  35. @Mythra
  36. @NateVO
  37. @Nekoo
  38. Noipoi Noipoi
  39. @NonSpecificGod
  40. @Onereasonanddone
  41. Opossum Opossum
  42. @osby
  43. @Pokechu
  44. praline praline
  45. @Professor Pumpkaboo
  46. @PsySmasher
  47. @Pyra
  48. @QuiqueST
  49. @RandomAce
  50. @Rhadamanthus
  51. @Roberk
  52. @Schnee117
  53. @Scoliosis Jones
  54. @Shishœ
  55. @ShotoStar
  56. @Shroob
  57. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
  58. @SnakeFighter64
  59. @SneakyLink
  60. staindgrey staindgrey
  61. @Swamp Sensei
  62. @Taylor F
  63. @Teeb147
  64. @tehponycorn
  65. @TheCJBrine
  66. @TheMightyP
  67. @TotsBS
  68. @Tougon
  69. TriStarGamer TriStarGamer
  70. @Tyrant Tenebris
  71. @Ultomato
  72. UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
  73. @Venus of the Desert Bloom
  74. @Wademan94
  75. @Warchamp7
  76. @Zachmac
  77. @Zeke The Zekenator
  78. @Zinith
There are more compliments than there are characters in ultimate. Truly, everybody is here. You all have my utmost gratitude, not to mention Smashing Ramen's. Keep doing what y'all are doing, I really need to get back to Ricochet evaluations.

Also could somebody explain to me what happened to @Brelooming Disaster ??
He supported Peta, people argued with him, he angrily quit. Also he told shishoe to an hero.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Thwomp Ruins. The rolling ball and thwomps are stage hazards, coins NSB2 style but they give you a star with invincibility when you are near Toadette.
All the ones I’m familiar with:
Mario Party: Fair Square, Pagoda Peak, or Whomp’s Domino Ruins
Pokémon S&M: Aether Paradise
XCX: New Los Angeles
XC2: Gormott Providence
Golden Sun: Venus Lighthouse
ARMS: Spring Stadium
Shovel Knight: Plains of Passage
Shantae: Burning Town
Great minds, or something.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
It appears that I have been complimented by Smashing Ramen . I do immensely appreciate the love, but there was one thing that really got me.

It appears that there are numerous layers of compliments that I may have missed on my 4 day hiatus from Smashboards?! Well, in that case, why not put everybody on the same playing field instead of separate bundles?

1. @-crump-
  2. @Alice the B-Rabbit
  3. @AndreaAC
  4. @Arigarmy
  5. @Blargg888
  6. @Bolderousness
  7. @CallMeKnux
  8. @Chinderblock
  9. @ChaosSharpedo
  10. ClaTheBae ClaTheBae
  11. @Coricus
  13. Cyn Cyn
  14. @Dannio
  15. Diem Diem
  16. @Dyllybirdy
  17. @Elma
  18. @faygoshill
  19. @Freezerburn
  20. @Flyboy
  22. @Gentlepanda
  23. @Good Guy Giygas
  24. @Hinata
  25. Idon Idon
  26. @Iridium
  27. @JDCabrera
  29. @KingofPhantoms
  30. @KMDP
  31. @Luigi The President
  33. @Moydow
  34. @Mr. Wario
  35. @Mythra
  36. @NateVO
  37. @Nekoo
  38. Noipoi Noipoi
  39. @NonSpecificGod
  40. @Onereasonanddone
  41. Opossum Opossum
  42. @osby
  43. @Pokechu
  44. praline praline
  45. @Professor Pumpkaboo
  46. @PsySmasher
  47. @Pyra
  48. @QuiqueST
  49. @RandomAce
  50. @Rhadamanthus
  51. @Roberk
  52. @Schnee117
  53. @Scoliosis Jones
  54. @Shishœ
  55. @ShotoStar
  56. @Shroob
  58. @SnakeFighter64
  59. @SneakyLink
  61. @Swamp Sensei
  62. @Taylor F
  63. @Teeb147
  64. @tehponycorn
  65. @TheCJBrine
  66. @TheMightyP
  67. @TotsBS
  68. @Tougon
  70. @Tyrant Tenebris
  71. @Ultomato
  74. @Wademan94
  75. @Warchamp7
  76. @Zachmac
  77. @Zeke The Zekenator
  78. @Zinith
There are more compliments than there are characters in ultimate. Truly, everybody is here. You all have my utmost gratitude, not to mention Smashing Ramen's. Keep doing what y'all are doing, I really need to get back to Ricochet evaluations.

You are awesome for that great list of like everyone here! You can certainly message me whenever you’d like my friend, or switch. :)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This one's edited but still funny to me.

View attachment 204897
He’ll have her back soon...in comic book form
Because DC rushed their cinematic universe and gave Snyder the keys to it.
all to try and beat Marvel
Forget the movies
**** no
I've never cared for Marvel's animated stuff. But DC's animated stuff is absolutely top notch.

Get the gang back together and make another Justice League dammit.
You just got a new animated Justice League movie...that’s the best you get

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi , I am ready.
You can add me to the fanfic if you want.

Things are going better, and I don't worry about how It could turn out anymore.

D

Deleted member

1. @-crump-
  2. @Alice the B-Rabbit
  3. @AndreaAC
  4. @Arigarmy
  5. @Blargg888
  6. @Bolderousness
  7. @CallMeKnux
  8. @Chinderblock
  9. @ChaosSharpedo
  10. ClaTheBae ClaTheBae
  11. @Coricus
  13. Cyn Cyn
  14. @Dannio
  15. Diem Diem
  16. @Dyllybirdy
  17. @Elma
  18. @faygoshill
  19. @Freezerburn
  20. @Flyboy
  22. @Gentlepanda
  23. @Good Guy Giygas
  24. @Hinata
  25. Idon Idon
  26. @Iridium
  27. @JDCabrera
  29. @KingofPhantoms
  30. @KMDP
  31. @Luigi The President
  33. @Moydow
  34. @Mr. Wario
  35. @Mythra
  36. @NateVO
  37. @Nekoo
  38. Noipoi Noipoi
  39. @NonSpecificGod
  40. @Onereasonanddone
  41. Opossum Opossum
  42. @osby
  43. @Pokechu
  44. praline praline
  45. @Professor Pumpkaboo
  46. @PsySmasher
  47. @Pyra
  48. @QuiqueST
  49. @RandomAce
  50. @Rhadamanthus
  51. @Roberk
  52. @Schnee117
  53. @Scoliosis Jones
  54. @Shishœ
  55. @ShotoStar
  56. @Shroob
  58. @SnakeFighter64
  59. @SneakyLink
  61. @Swamp Sensei
  62. @Taylor F
  63. @Teeb147
  64. @tehponycorn
  65. @TheCJBrine
  66. @TheMightyP
  67. @TotsBS
  68. @Tougon
  70. @Tyrant Tenebris
  71. @Ultomato
  74. @Wademan94
  75. @Warchamp7
  76. @Zachmac
  77. @Zeke The Zekenator
  78. @Zinith

Thanks! You're pretty cool too.

Also about Brelooming apparently he was a closeted PETA Supporter and when we tried to tell him that PETA isn't all that good he **** talked us and left.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
well they gotta put in some damn hard work

i mean it took ****ing ragnarok and infinity war to make people like thor, and those were godtier movies. it's gonna be hard to save the justice league brand without something incredible to do it justice (pun intended), and with all the internal development struggles i don't know if i can see it happening soon without just flat out starting over.
For real though Ragnarok may be ****ing amazing, but imagine someone told you "Hey Thor 3 will perform better than a Justice League movie" before it came out

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
A little off topic, but I feel like a similar situation has happened in the video game industry w/ Anthem...

Since the majority of work during the “6 year” development cycle was rushed in the last year and a half.
That's a little misconstrued. That sort of cycle is actually somewhat normal, but it was less than a year and a half.

Most games with extremely long development cycles like that spend the first 3-4 years in preproduction. When making a brand new IP-- meaning creating assets, designs and lore from scratch-- that's normal. For instance, Dragon Age Origins had a 7 year development cycle and the game proper was made in about two years of actual production.

Where Anthem-- or specifically, Bioware management-- failed was in wasting time in the preproduction-to-production phase by not making any concrete decisions. They were too afraid of being "another Destiny" and kept searching for new ideas when they should have been far past the ideas phase. They had a multitude of assets to work with after so many years of creating landscapes and inventory and animations but it took their third game director and six months of unbearable crunch to turn any of that into a game that could ship.

Further, they outright ignored the advice of Bioware Austin, a studio with nearly a decade of experience making, y'know, a massively multiplayer online story-focused game with constant updates, which is stupid in itself.

I'm just pissed that they scrapped all the work they'd done for Dragon Age 4 for the sake of shipping this game by February. I've sorta kinda convinced myself that Dragon Age is just done, with all the talent that's left the studio and EA's insistence on turning every game they make into always online microtransaction-filled hamster wheels. So much potential and it's being utterly wasted.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
A little off topic, but I feel like a similar situation has happened in the video game industry w/ Anthem...

Since the majority of work during the “6 year” development cycle was rushed in the last year and a half.
It's all about vision.

Anthem never had a vision. Casey Hudson left the company in 2014 and didn't come back until 2017 after the studio had gotten nothing done in that three years because no one could be decisive and figure out what the game was supposed to be. The one coolest concept in the entire game, flying, was iterated and deleted time and time again until it was almost taken out indefinitely. Mark Darrah was then put in charge of the game with the mission of "ship the game" and that's that.

The DCEU also lacked a vision. Warner Bros. had a "ship the cinematic universe" attitude to catch up to Marvel, trying to do in three/four movies what Marvel did in six. Instead of doing Man of Steel 2, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and maybe Batman before Justice League, they just showcased Wonder Woman (twice) and brought in everything else with Justice League. And at the helm of the universe was Zack Snyder, who's proven himself to not truly understand the characters he was put in charge of, leading to the mixed reactions the movies have gotten.

The MCU owes its success to Kevin Feige and the other talented people at Marvel who have a vision for the universe and worked tirelessly to see it executed well. They have a fantastic understanding of the characters they're working with and the talent to know how to tell that story properly. Not every movie is a slam dunk, but when you have thousands of people working on these projects and hundreds of millions of dollars being spent, having everything be on the same page with that vision and have it turn out as well as it has is absolutely the greatest achievement in film history. Because we have the DCEU and Dark Universe to show us how it can all go wrong.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And here are some more just cause;

> @JDCabrera @liquidmetalslime @Teeb147 @Bolderousness and every other Erdrick Supporter on this site is super cool, Friendly and Chill. I may not want Erdrick myself but these peeps are super awesome that they make me want to root for Erdrick at times and while I want a different Square Character if Erdrick gets in I would totally be happy for them and support them with everything.

They're totally cool and I think the entire fanbase of Erdrick's are cool.

> @KMDP and @Mythra are some of the best artists I've ever seen and they're super duper cool, They make me want to get better with Drawing and Art to the point that they're an inspiration for me to improve. KMDP is such a cool, kind and Chill person and I totally respect them and their art skills. Mythra is also a very cool, kind and Chill person whom I have a ton of respect for and the two make me want to improve my art skills.

> @ToasterBrains is also an all around cool person whom I really like. They're all of the above and their art is way better than mine which I respect too plus their tastes in things are very, very high quality.

> @Wademan94 is also a super cool person whom I respect a whole lot. They're all of the above that I mentioned and I think they're all around an awesome person and I enjoy interacting with them.

Everyone here is awesome!
OK let's just ****ing do this. I actually have a list of the users I associate with so I can just grab whatever comes to mind. If I sound distant, it's because I'm awkward about this stuff:

@Teeb147 : Nice, supportive, funny. Cool to be around. Helps make the Square Enix threads nice places.

@ryumo : Level-headed and practical over Erdrick's chances. Also cool enough to make a suicide bet with.

@ShotoStar : cool Geno supporter

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku : Participated in my Reggie memes. How could I not mention you?

Idon Idon : Don't know much about him but he generally makes me chuckle.

@faygoshill : Taught me more about Avengers and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 than any man. Stand up comedian.

@The Gentlepanda : Funny memer dude. Dies for his waifus. Good man.

@「Hinata」 : Nice person. Confident about what she loves and his honest about her opinions. Typically funny.

Noipoi Noipoi : I respect the positivity you bring here.

@osby : Does his job and has a sense of humor.

@tehponycorn : Pretty much shares my sentiments on Smash speculation and is a pretty cool dude.

*looks at list* I'm not even halfway done?

Ugggh...

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen : Funny, blunt, honest, cutie

@ShinyLegendary : Willing to take criticism and is open to learning. I respect this.

@Rhadamanthus Diem Diem @Wademan94 @NateVO @Kingslime304 @KarneraMythos : You always like my posts, you ****-ers. Don't think I don't acknowledge you. Thanks.

@SnakeFighter64 : Cool person to be around. Willing to lend an ear if you need one, bud.

@Professor Pumpkaboo : Any person who makes Danganronpa jokes is a good person.

@Onereasonanddone @TotsBS : Legitimately funny

@Mythra : Don't worry. I laugh at all of the sex jokes. You're cool to be around.

@TheCJBrine : Made active efforts to push for respecting what he loves.

staindgrey staindgrey : Cool person with interesting stories and a decent sense of humor.

Opossum Opossum : A Fire Emblem fan? I like you immediately.

@N3ON : Insightful, level-headed in the support threads, made be laugh at loud at the Imperialdramon FM radio joke.

@GothFluttershy : Look forward to five pages of the best fictional dogs if Erdrick doesn't make it.

@Guybrush20X6 : Hey, a fellow Comic Furian. Nice!

@ToasterBrains : Got me good with that PAX East stunt, I will admit. Cool guy.

@Luigi The President : Honest about what she thinks and enjoys.

Damn. I'm tired. That's not all but I got nothing left to say after all of that.
@The Gentlepanda is super duper funny

#Janegang

Idon Idon is real funny too. Never give up, I’m sure your dreams will come true!

@papagenos has rad videos that I always enjoy.
Lesse here...

@ShinyLegendary you're a good dude; always kind to other users and making sure everyone is treated with respect. I dig it.

@ToasterBrains you write extremely well, your posts are entertaining, and I agree with you quite often

Opossum Opossum You are a fellow S.T.E.A.M fan and that's enough to make you one of my favorite posters, but also I just think you're a really cool guy and your FE takes are great

@Zinith Your love and passion for Yoshi is honestly really cool, I respect the hell out of you man

@All of the people who were around during the days of Smash 4 Social:
This sounds super dumb but honestly you guys were like a second family to me back in 2015, I was going through some huge self esteem issues and having internet friends to talk to really helped me through that. Glad some of you are still here. :)
Wait a minute.... there are more compliment chains than just Smashing Ramen's?? How big of a thing was this? Guess I gotta recompile everything...

D

Deleted member

For real though Ragnarok may be ****ing amazing, but imagine someone told you "Hey Thor 3 will perform better than a Justice League movie" before it came out
imagine if someone told you a decade ago that a movie about black panther would beat out a movie about the goddamn justice league

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait a minute.... there are more compliment chains than just Smashing Ramen's?? How big of a thing was this? Guess I gotta recompile everything...
There's a whole bunch of these...

We had a whole compliment hour, and everything

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
imagine if someone told you a decade ago that a movie about black panther would beat out a movie about the goddamn justice league
I said this last week, but again, imagine telling someone a decade ago that this poster represented the most emotional and anticipated film in the entire generation:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Just saw this :3

Mash Potato Samurai is Crowned God

Seriously though, whatever the case may be for smash in some cases, whether it be character choices, balancing, etc, can’t deny the fact sakurai has delivered one of the most amazing video game series of all time. I love the man and his development style is something i personally respect. He works hard (too hard at times causing his own health problems) but it does show his work ethic and personality. Along with him, Koizumi, Aounma, Miyamoto pre him murdering paper mario and other stuff, they all deserve a huge round of applause for some of the best games around or influencing other developers to work hard. I seriously want to continue loving Nintendo and gaming (as a 26 year old, doesn't stop me from still loving vidya games and it won't just go away!)

Thank you Mr. Sakurai, I am truly grateful for you and your teams hard work <3

98DB4380-4D2E-4D72-AB14-74F401C10EC1.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact that snyder made batman kill because of a goddamn video enrages to me this very day. That's literally one of the most fundamental aspects of the character.

D

Deleted member

I enjoyed a lot the compliments we shared to each other a few days ago.

It made me appreciate how far I've gone since I joined, and look at things better than I did during the past month.

It was one of those moments that I will never forget, and I wish to give the favour back to many people here.

D

Deleted member

something something
there's an episode of 101 Dalmatian Street where Dylan, the male main character, develops a crush on a yandere goth poodle
something something

D

Deleted member

Imagine if someone told you that Black Panther and a Carol Danvers movie would both get into like, the top 10 best opening weekends EVER
Imagine if someone told you some purple man that believes in Malthusian theory trying to commit genocide would be painted as righteous and logical in one of the biggest films of the decade

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'all ever have that moment where you're not sure if someone made a typo or if you're just failing to understand something?
Nah, an hero is just internet speak for "kill yourself."
I believe it originated as a typo from a memorial for someone who killed themselves way back when.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So the Jets apparently want to be an Arena Football team.

I know football isn't a popular topic here but I had to share somewhere. Those new jerseys are laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom