• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I said this last week, but again, imagine telling someone a decade ago that this poster represented the most emotional and anticipated film in the entire generation:

the fact that rocket racoon is now a household name pleases me to no end

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Imagine if someone told you some purple man that believes in Malthusian theory trying to commit genocide would be painted as righteous and logical in one of the biggest films of the decade
Imagine telling people that people would think they were trying to make someone called the Mad Titan look sympathetic.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow I'm sorry, please don't hurt me! I just finished my vacation, and I didn't want to post another sloppy phase-end and make any more mistakes without being able to sit down and format everything! I'm devoting to hitting every deadline, but I didn't realize how poor it would turn out without actual dedication! X(
too late

banhammer time

no mercy

...Just kidding. :p Take all the time you need. Better to get it done properly.

D

Deleted member

Wait...
Did they actually pull of this joke?
nintendo.PNG

These are two of my most wanted newcomers right there.

Edit: Ooh, I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I will still hate Infinity War for not even acknowledging Valkyrie who was easily part of what made Ragnarok so good. She was so good that SOMEONE at Holywood decided we need more comedy films with Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson as the leads
she's supposed to be in endgame so that's pretty sick

she was honestly incredibe in ragnarok i loved her, also tessa's the best

D

Deleted member

I will still hate Infinity War for not even acknowledging Valkyrie who was easily part of what made Ragnarok so good. She was so good that SOMEONE at Holywood decided we need more comedy films with Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson as the leads
Yeah, Infinity War lacked many Thor and Hulk characters, sadly.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's all about vision.

Anthem never had a vision. Casey Hudson left the company in 2014 and didn't come back until 2017 after the studio had gotten nothing done in that three years because no one could be decisive and figure out what the game was supposed to be. The one coolest concept in the entire game, flying, was iterated and deleted time and time again until it was almost taken out indefinitely. Mark Darrah was then put in charge of the game with the mission of "ship the game" and that's that.

The DCEU also lacked a vision. Warner Bros. had a "ship the cinematic universe" attitude to catch up to Marvel, trying to do in three/four movies what Marvel did in six. Instead of doing Man of Steel 2, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and maybe Batman before Justice League, they just showcased Wonder Woman (twice) and brought in everything else with Justice League. And at the helm of the universe was Zack Snyder, who's proven himself to not truly understand the characters he was put in charge of, leading to the mixed reactions the movies have gotten.

The MCU owes its success to Kevin Feige and the other talented people at Marvel who have a vision for the universe and worked tirelessly to see it executed well. They have a fantastic understanding of the characters they're working with and the talent to know how to tell that story properly. Not every movie is a slam dunk, but when you have thousands of people working on these projects and hundreds of millions of dollars being spent, having everything be on the same page with that vision and have it turn out as well as it has is absolutely the greatest achievement in film history. Because we have the DCEU and Dark Universe to show us how it can all go wrong.
Seems like mismanagement and lack of originality are common threads in these entertainment productions.

It’s a shame that all of this time and money is being wasted on half-baked, unfinished products.

And then they expect to make money loads of money off of this stuff.

That's a little misconstrued. That sort of cycle is actually somewhat normal, but it was less than a year and a half.

Most games with extremely long development cycles like that spend the first 3-4 years in preproduction. When making a brand new IP-- meaning creating assets, designs and lore from scratch-- that's normal. For instance, Dragon Age Origins had a 7 year development cycle and the game proper was made in about two years of actual production.

Where Anthem-- or specifically, Bioware management-- failed was in wasting time in the preproduction-to-production phase by not making any concrete decisions. They were too afraid of being "another Destiny" and kept searching for new ideas when they should have been far past the ideas phase. They had a multitude of assets to work with after so many years of creating landscapes and inventory and animations but it took their third game director and six months of unbearable crunch to turn any of that into a game that could ship.

Further, they outright ignored the advice of Bioware Austin, a studio with nearly a decade of experience making, y'know, a massively multiplayer online story-focused game with constant updates, which is stupid in itself.

I'm just pissed that they scrapped all the work they'd done for Dragon Age 4 for the sake of shipping this game by February. I've sorta kinda convinced myself that Dragon Age is just done, with all the talent that's left the studio and EA's insistence on turning every game they make into always online microtransaction-filled hamster wheels. So much potential and it's being utterly wasted.
Yeah, I could’ve worded that a bit better.

Guess that’s what happens when you try to talk about something when you just learned about it at 4 in the morning while trying to keep yourself awake to do an essay lol.

But yeah, Anthem’s failure seems more due to Bioware’s mismanagement than EA’s usual antics (which is the real shocker here). I’m honestly surprised that EA hasn’t shut them down yet.

But if they keep going down that path, it’s only a matter of time.

D

Deleted member

I would find it amazing if the Skrulls made a cameo in Endgame.

That would catch me off-guard, and in a good way.

D

Deleted member

I would find it amazing if the Skrulls made a cameo in Endgame.

That would catch me off-guard, and in a good way.
well there's still one skrull left unaccounted for

the "old lady" skrull got away

D

Deleted member

she-hulk-john-bryne.jpg

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I’m writing a fanfic involving many users in this thread.
I would love to be in the fanfic (...didn't think i'd see me say that in any way ever) but yep, only if you wanted to include me in some way : 3

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

Did they really just forget about that Skrull? I could swear they were killed.
Some were killed, but a huge part survived.

I remember that around the time the thing with the old lady happened, there were three Skrulls present in Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom