• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So everyone is valid and worth it, what’s wrong with him being a straight white dude? Seems fine with me and I have an LGBT pass apparently.
nothing is wrong with it but we're talking about something that isn't that. in a conversation about coming to terms with being LGBT there is no reason to bring up that you're a straight white christian male. It literally adds nothing to the conversation.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here's an important question I'm sure everyone has wondered at some point: How exactly does one find inner peace and respect within themselves? How does one learn to love themselves?

(I'd prefer serious responses over jokes because I'm curious to hear what people have to say on the matter).
Lots of self reflection and forgiveness.

I still don’t really love myself all that much but it fluctuates with stress and anxiety.

But forgiveness is one of the biggest blockers for me.

Also, It says a lot about you if you can take your insecurities and own them, or be able to discard them after some reflection.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Thanks for those responses guys!

On another note, anyone got a battle arena I can join? I wanna test out my Lucas!

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
You are who you are, you don’t get to choose your identity. That’s all I’ll say.
You choose to be whoever you want. Identity isn't a birth certificate, it's something you craft. Other people can't tell you what you are. People are defined by how they act, not by the color of their skin or their birth certificate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's an important question I'm sure everyone has wondered at some point: How exactly does one find inner peace and respect within themselves? How does one learn to love themselves?

(I'd prefer serious responses over jokes because I'm curious to hear what people have to say on the matter).
There isn't a hard defined method to it but one thing I've learned that helps is that, you know all those self-deprecation jokes we make? **** those. Do the opposite. Say you killed god and now sit on his throne and all that jazz even if you don't believe it because I've found out that actually helps boost self-esteem.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've actually thought about going Bi before. I find other males attractive enough. Problem is I know I'm not into that kind of physical affection with men. Oh well. Maybe in the future.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
I'm a "white" straight Christian male as well. It's not like we're a dying breed or anything.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I had a question, for a general sense, what times/days work best for you guys? I really would like to play against as many of ya as i can!

i can keep track so i play with as many of you awesome people as i can. ^,^

D

Deleted member

Honest answer, improving yourself as a person, finding your passions and maybe developing meaningful relationships with people.

I discovered that I like doing volunteering work for a center that I visit semi-frequently. After I started, I learned more about myself and developed a few nice skills that I didn't knew I had. I improved my ability to talk fluently in other language that was not my native one and also it made easier for me to strike random conversations and eliminate a lot of the shyness that I had before. I discovered that one of the things I want to do in the future is to become a teacher, which is great since I now help newbies when they start volunteering as well. There's a lot of things that I need to improve to achieve that, but overall it just makes me happy knowing that I am doing something I like and also currently I can help other people.

D

Deleted member

If you're having to ask that, you probably don't feel inner peace. I just kicked it down the road when I realized I had a responsibility to be a hard worker, and it's doing me wonders compared to when I actually contemplated it. Why? Life is all about action. You got a goal? Project? Friend? Hobby? It helps distract you from the existential dread because they're bigger to me than my self doubts. All of the advice, plans, theories, and philosophy we can discuss means jack when you have a job to get done.

So what do you do? Well there's no real answer because everyone is different and have found their own things to focus on. Experiment and see what you find.

TheBeastHimself

There isn't a hard defined method to it but one thing I've learned that helps is that, you know all those self-deprecation jokes we make? **** those. Do the opposite. Say you killed god and now sit on his throne and all that jazz even if you don't believe it because I've found out that actually helps boost self-esteem.
I used to be big on making self deprecating jokes, and I can vouch that it only makes you feel even worse.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You choose to be whoever you want. Identity isn't a birth certificate, it's something you craft. Other people can't tell you what you what you are. People are defined by how they act, not by the color of their skin or their birth certificate.
you are assigned a gender and sexual identity by jk rowlings sorting hat when you're born

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've actually thought about going Bi before. I find other males attractive enough. Problem is I know I'm not into that kind of physical affection with men. Oh well. Maybe in the future.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
I'm a "white" straight Christian male as well. It's not like we're a dying breed or anything.
Yeah I’m comfortable enough to think some dudes are attractive but I have no interest in being with them

Say what you want about it but I enjoy appreaciating aesthetically pleasing people of all genders. And in the appropriate age group.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You’re not that much older than me and I’m still confused about what I am lol
Fair point. I like leaning on my age as an excuse around here.

But really I've never been confused. I'm pretty set in who/what I am.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I used to make self-deprecating jokes all the time. Now all my jokes are about I'm the greatest human being to ever live.

The effect both of these kinds of jokes has on your mental health cannot be overstated.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I have nothing insightful to add to this current topic so I'll just share the philosophy of Bill and Ted

anyway write me a haiku on why your most-wanted deserves to be in and maybe i'll prank you idk

epic gamer giveaway time
The prophecy states
"He who is seen in the chairs
Will be playable"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ngl sometimes I think “man I’m ****ing useless” but then I think “no I’m not, I’m the mother ****ing Noipoi!” And it kinda helps.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why are yall making jokes about doodooing on yourselves
Because as I said during the compliment hour, it's so much easier to see what's wrong with yourself than it is to see the good.

D

Deleted member

One small piece of advice is, don't focus on what everybody else thinks of you, instead focus on yourself and what you can do to facilitate your own improvement. You can control the latter, but not the former.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
Yeah I'm aware. Wasn't trying to make it sound that way.

Now let's get off the topic of religion before we cause some drama.
I’m the mother ****ing Noipoi!”
Man Noi isn't even a popular artist yet and he is already getting an inflated ego. /s

TheBeastHimself

If you're having to ask that, you probably don't feel inner peace. I just kicked it down the road when I realized I had a responsibility to be a hard worker, and it's doing me wonders compared to when I actually contemplated it. Why? Life is all about action. You got a goal? Project? Friend? Hobby? It helps distract you from the existential dread because they're bigger to me than my self doubts. All of the advice, plans, theories, and philosophy we can discuss means jack when you have a job to get done.

So what do you do? Well there's no real answer because everyone is different and have found their own things to focus on. Experiment and see what you find.
I take it you're someone who has an easy time reading people?

I'm on my way to accepting myself. I think my biggest issues are just that I spent so much time trying to fit into a crowd that just isn't for me. Once I got out of that and started doing what I wanted to do, things started to get easier. I also keep in the back of my head that this life is too short to be worrying so much! Anyway, I really appreciate the advice there because I can definitely use a lot of it in my daily life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom