• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

All this time I thought Grey was a trans woman...

Wow I'm dense...
Legitimately the first time I've ever gotten that.

Not offended in the least though. No worries.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And this is why I break into a nervous sweat every time I post.
I think the point of Cla's post was the self-deprecation was unnecessary. We were trying to build a vibe of "everyone's valid and worth it" and then you come in with the "lol not me i'm just a straight white dude" and that just kinda goes against the vibe.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
But to be real I like to consider myself part of the LGBTQ+ umbrella and it makes me really happy, that I feel like I have a community of people who feel the same way as me!!

D

Deleted member

Honest to God, I don't think Erdrick's reveal would cause as big of a splash as Joker was over at Japan. Looking through various social media, while Cloud's reveal is still the most viewed on niconico, look how much traction it got over on Twitter. It's ****ing astronomical and might be the biggest reveal in Smash history over there. Not even Snake, who has BIG legacy with MGS there, has these numbers.

If all the rumors are true -- and this is where I'm coming from -- it's going to be interesting to see the response from over there, simply because they've only requested Slime out of that series and that's it, as far as I saw from poll results. And yeah, Dragon Quest does have legacy there, it's a semi-daily series, but with Persona, we only get a few Persona games every console generation, and that name carries some serious weight. I'd be shocked if Joker gets beaten out.
Tendencies vary, and with Joker you have the added impact of a character that wasn't vastly known in the Nintendo community. Cloud and FF are popular there, but DQ pretty much demolishes pretty much most series there popularity-wise.

Plus, a lot of the polls don't seem to take franchises into consideration which is something Sakurai mentioned he did in the Ballot.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Here's an important question I'm sure everyone has wondered at some point: How exactly does one find inner peace and respect within themselves? How does one learn to love themselves?

(I'd prefer serious responses over jokes because I'm curious to hear what people have to say on the matter).

Noipoi

Howdy!
In all honesty whatever Bi **** I’ve got going on isn’t enough to risk my family abandoning me.

I definitely like girls more than guys anyway, I’ll stick to girls and no one gets hurt.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think fighting for a new direction in society is good.

I think vilifying a person based on their beliefs, skin color, or identity is horrible regardless of what it is imo. Violent criminals are different- I couldn’t care less about them tbh

In the same way that I’ve have friendly and accepting lgbt friends of all genders, I have friendly and accepting straight, binary, religious, atheist, and otherwise normative friends.

I firmly believe that the way to a more accepting future isn’t acting like a 12 year old and bullying or antagonizing someone just because they’re privledged or something

D

Deleted member

I think the point of Cla's post was the self-deprecation was unnecessary. We were trying to build a vibe of "everyone's valid and worth it" and then you come in with the "lol not me i'm just a straight white dude" and that just kinda goes against the vibe.
So everyone is valid and worth it, what’s wrong with him being a straight white dude? Seems fine with me and I have an LGBT pass apparently.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sorry. During these moments when everybody's complimenting each other and stuff it gets me to feel bad about myself because almost no one has really been there to make me feel better when I feel down.

D

Deleted member

I know I asked a similar question to this yesterday, but I feel like it is important.
Have I made a good impact in the LGBT community?
Am I qualified as a member?
Why do you believe there is a membership that separates you from the everyday crowd? An LGBT supporter is just a normal human being, mate. What really makes you a productive citizen is whether you're living your life to the fullest while stepping on as little toes as possible. Right now, you're doing well enough.

Here's the trick, and I don't expect you to understand this fully right now. If all you do is worry about being accepted by other people, it's because you don't accept yourself. The proof is we accept you as a part of this thread and believe you support what you support, and this isn't the first time this was said to you. Put the research in, talk to people, do what you like, be considerate, and be open-minded.

It's all I'm getting out of this at the very least. Good luck. Back to Thermo.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's an important question I'm sure everyone has wondered at some point: How exactly does one find inner peace and respect within themselves? How does one learn to love themselves?

(I'd prefer serious responses over jokes because I'm curious to hear what people have to say on the matter).
Easier said than done. Everyone's got something they want to change about themselves, no matter how content they are with their lives. Everyone's got something inside they don't like about themselves.

But for me, the catalyst for becoming (mostly) accepting with myself is finally identifying as transgender. For as long as I can remember being alive, I've never felt comfortable being male, but I never had a name to put to the feeling, so I just pushed it aside. But when I learned about what being trans meant, it finally gave me something to truly identify as. Something that felt like me. And ever since then, while I still have gripes with certain parts of me, I've become much more accepting of myself and who I am as a person.

D

Deleted member

Bro I don’t need a hug it’s fine, I’ve got it all planned out.

In the off chance I turn out to be bi or something i’d still like chicks, so I’ll just only date chicks so I don’t make my mom cry.
-faygoshill (2012)

anyways if you ever wanna talk about it i'm here

D

Deleted member

I don't know as I haven't found inner peace as far as I'm concerned, Maybe just do what you love in life and live life to the fullest that's what I would say.

I find inner peace very hard to achieve with how my life is but I want to find it someday and by doing that I think I'd like to do what I love as work and live my life to the fullest. I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Maybe Swampy has future sight and just knows before you do. ;)
Lol I'm a dinosaur, I've had time to determine who I am.

I'm not a fan of how my gender often acts and presents itself, but I'm totally comfortable being a male. Never considered being anything else.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So everyone is valid and worth it, what’s wrong with him being a straight white dude? Seems fine with me and I have an LGBT pass apparently.
That's the point, there's nothing wrong with it. But he said it in a self-deprecating way, and he shouldn't. Just because he doesn't fall under the LGBT umbrella doesn't mean he's suddenly less important than everyone else here.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Lol I'm a dinosaur, I've had time to determine who I am.

I'm not a fan of how my gender often acts and presents itself, but I'm totally comfortable being a male. Never considered being anything else.
You’re not that much older than me and I’m still confused about what I am lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom