• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay...

What are the chances of a direct this week? As if one is happening, when would we hear about it?
today at 2PM UTC, and we've pretty much never had a friday direct

so barring an unprecedented miracle, no direct this week

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've been contemplating a list of mains to replace Corrin. Inkling might be the frontrunner.
  • Inkling
  • ZSS
  • Ken
  • Zelda
  • Palutena
  • Robin
  • Ike
  • Sheik
  • Mewtwo
  • Daisy
Ah, I too have been compiling a list of characters I might want to replace my current main with.

• Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker
  • Joker

D

Deleted member

Imagine drawing hands

This post was made my the Noipoi cheats at drawing gang
Drawing hands is art-hell and any artist who disagrees is lying.

That's why I draw ponies. Hooves are nowhere near as hard to draw as hands are.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
OH GOD

I could give critiques, but I think you probably already know what's wrong with it.
What, that it looks like it’s mangled? What if I was just drawing a hand that looks like it’s been smashed by Otto, huh?

HUH!?!

Okay...

What are the chances of a direct this week? As if one is happening, when would we hear about it?
Improbable. Not impossible.

The problem with a direct being announced tomorrow for Friday, is that it unless it’s early Friday morning (so late Friday in Japan), it’ll be the weekend (I.e no direct) already

The two more likely scenarios is a surprise announcement in an hour, or an announcement Sunday. Short of that, one week from now is where all my betting money is at the moment

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well? What is it?

Imagine drawing hands

This post was made my the Noipoi cheats at drawing gang
Well it’s bassically a game about loneliness.
Your Character is very insecure, to the point that she doesn’t even go outside. One day she convinces herself to go outside to find that her world is being torn apart. Eventually she meets a demon (Temmie says he’s more so an anti-hero) who tells your protagonist that she can go to a new world where she can find new happiness, and maybe even save her parents, who in this story, are dead. Depending on if you accept or not (I accepted) the story will change. In the best ending, she accepts and goes into a new world, but this being transformed into a wolf-like demon... thing. The story ends there, and is going to be picked up later.
Supposedly there is an ending which is very, very dark, and I am curious, so... time to check that out.

D

Deleted member

Top players are nostalgic for that game??? Why???

Smash 4 was complete donkey **** what are these dudes smoking
One of the main things are lot of players are wanting for a better neutral game, where I feel they're completely insane, cause they're coming off of Smash For's neutral game. These two are completely different.

Like if these players want S4 Sonic, Bayonetta, Cloud and Diddy, then go right ahead and play on a dead platform. Sorry you can't fight a Pichu.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
alright chuds always miss things that fly right above their heads

for example
View attachment 204165
This reminds me (somehow) of a conversation my dad and I had as our relationship was starting to strain.

I used to always enjoy watching The Daily Show with him when I was a kid, and then The Colbert Report when I moved out to Oregon and got to hang out with him again. But around the time that he became a CEO and started watching a lot of Fox News, he suddenly didn't want to watch them anymore.

"Dad, where are our Colbert recordings? I don't see them on the DVR."
"Oh, we were running out of space so I had to delete some stuff."
"But I thought you liked Colbert?"
"Ehhh, he's gotten too liberal for me."
"Too liberal? ...you do realize the whole "Colbert" character is a parody of hardcore Republicans, right? He's always been liberal."
"No, he used to be funny. Now he just pushes a leftist agenda. Jon Stewart too."
"Dad, they've always pushed the left. You're just now noticing because your world views are changing."
"No, they changed. They aren't funny anymore."
"To you. They're the same. You just watch nothing but Fox News now."
"Because they're the only ones actually giving us the news."
"Okay you know what--"

Then mom told us to stop or something. That's how most conversations end.

Man 2012 seemed like a much more innocent time...

Roberk

Smash Champion
It just seems odd that Best Buy would have a Joker render and ad specifically for this week and no Direct, intern-kun must’ve gotten really confused if they created an entire fake ad and got to use top-secret marketing material (the render).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The absolute latest the direct can be announced for is Friday, 10am EST. We would have to get an announcement tonight or tomorrow morning.

In other words, it’s very unlikely, but not impossible.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The absolute latest the direct can be announced for is Friday, 10am EST. We would have to get an announcement tonight or tomorrow morning.

In other words, it’s very unlikely, but not impossible.
Mini directs can drop outta nowhere.

Same with some game specific directs (MK8)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I reccomend Palutena if you're coming off of corrin. I feel like they move pretty similarly.
I'm considering Palutena based on moveset alone. I have no affiliation with or desire to play any Kid Icarus games. But she just seems to me like a much better Zelda, as she actually has the ability to go on the offensive if she chooses.

After my ***-whooping Sunday night I practiced with literally anyone but Corrin to see who felt good. I don't know which direction to go yet.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I honestly don't think Corrin should be that high.

I've been dissecting her strengths and her faults for a month and I simply don't see enough upside to put her anywhere higher than C-tier. She's not fast on the ground. She's not fast in the air. Her recovery isn't great and her offstage options are very limited. Fair doesn't kill, Uair barely kills, Bair is good for spacing but its slow startup makes it a difficult kill move to land reliably, Fsmash was nerfed to hell, sideB is terrible for neutral now, neutralB is hardly usable, her tilts are pretty good but slow... There is nothing she does well enough to justify being picked over the characters who do those things better. She has nothing in the way of kill confirms and relies entirely on you outplaying your opponent on multiple levels.

She's not the worst character in the game, but there's nothing about her that makes her good, either. I'm thinking I'm gonna switch mains when I start playing again.

imo Corrin is the biggest loser in the Smash 4 to Ultimate transition. Bayonetta and Cloud still feel like they play similarly, but Corrin feels like someone poured a bag of cement inside of them and sanded each of Yato's little teeth.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Drawing hands is art-hell and any artist who disagrees is lying.

That's why I draw ponies. Hooves are nowhere near as hard to draw as hands are.
Hands aren't a big deal for me anymore.

Now feet, those can go right to hell.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
imo Corrin is the biggest loser in the Smash 4 to Ultimate transition. Bayonetta and Cloud still feel like they play similarly, but Corrin feels like someone poured a bag of cement inside of them and sanded each of Yato's little teeth.
I honestly can't say. I'm the rare Corrin main who didn't play her in Smash 4. I never actually bought the DLC.

But everything I see about her is nothing but negative comparisons to her Smash 4 self. I see videos of Smash 4 Corrin and she's just BETTER. She's faster, she's able to recover, she's able to kill, the dragon pin thing is fantastic for neutral, she can safely use neutralB, she has multiple kill confirms into Uair at decent percentages... Like, she gained nothing of value from her transition to Ultimate by what I can tell, but got a laundry list of nerfs.

D

Deleted member

It just seems odd that Best Buy would have a Joker render and ad specifically for this week and no Direct, intern-kun must’ve gotten really confused if they created an entire fake ad and got to use top-secret marketing material (the render).
It could be that Nintendo sent the promo material early, and someone didnt get the memo regarding the wait.

D

Deleted member

I've been working hard on animation. Hope you guys don't mind if I share this.
1554328984904.png

Not perfect, but....

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Is it just me or do Japanese animators not understand what toes look like.

Barefoot people in anime look like they have ****ing talons.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I always go for the Fire Emblem Awakening approach when drawing: No Feet as they doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Is it just me or do Japanese animators not understand what toes look like.

Barefoot people in anime look like they have ****ing talons.
japanese animators either don't understand feet or they understand feet too well

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I just listened to a heavy metal cover of "Weight of the World" from Nier Automata and they changed the lyrics from "It's like I'm carrying the weight of the world... but the truth is that I'm only one girl" to "but the truth is that I'm only one man" and it was jarring.

Suck it up and say "girl", you *****.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

XD So that means you are never add Corrin's feet if you ever draw them? And instead write the word "foot" on each blank space they should go? (I saw an artist do this in one sketch, it was funny!)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nah that's Sheik and Falcon. Both were fun to use in Smash 4, but now it feels like they were both nerfed to the ground and killing is harder.

Not sure what this Falcon is but he reminds me of Brawl's except with less end lag. He's gash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Btw, I'm almost done with Xenoblade 2. I just met SPOILER in chapter 10 and there's this ominous looking elevator.

I didn't get all the rare blades like I wanted to but I did a lot of fun stuff and I think I'm done for a while cause I don't want to grind anymore.

I'll tell you all the progress I made once I beat it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cpt. Falcon feels goddamn clumsy in this game yeah. Falling upair, dthrow, dashgrab, it all feels like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom