• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random:

Youtube's playlist mix just started throwing FFXIII music my way and I forgot that it had a ****ing great soundtrack.

Pretty much along with the graphics the best part by far. Sadly, I find everything else is quite mediocre.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You're good. In Normal, I think there's something like... 50 ribbons? Like, you're definitely saving too much, but as long as you find all the ribbons, you won't run out. Hard mode drops the amount of ink ribbons to like 20. I forget the exact numbers.

Who're you playing as, Jill or Chris?

Also, funny note: I'm missing the achievement for killing a crimson head despite playing through the game three times on XB1 because **** those things, I make sure I never have to face one.
Definitely picked Jill. A friend of mine said to not bother with Chris as a first time player.

I mainly save everytime I do something significant, or at least don’t want to have to do again. It was funny yesterday, because I got to the part with the Sharks, thought I was through and then died to the last one that could get you. I had to get alllllll the way through it again.

Like I said though, i’m trying to hold onto my ribbons so that i’m good to the end. What am I, halfway through the game? But part of it is that the fear gets to me because I don’t want to lose my progress that I worked so hard for.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But you still kept the hand instead and it came put good.

Hands are like intimidating af lol

It took me a like a month to break a mental barrier and get confidence at drawing them.
Thanks! I originally wanted to draw Pyra ice skating, but I don’t have a whole lot of confidence with some things yet so that means a lot

For instance, drawing the head, hair, and face at that angle...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've revised what I though about the cast recently and me and a few other high level players made a list based on that

You can find it here
I honestly don't think Corrin should be that high.

I've been dissecting her strengths and her faults for a month and I simply don't see enough upside to put her anywhere higher than C-tier. She's not fast on the ground. She's not fast in the air. Her recovery isn't great and her offstage options are very limited. Fair doesn't kill, Uair barely kills, Bair is good for spacing but its slow startup makes it a difficult kill move to land reliably, Fsmash was nerfed to hell, sideB is terrible for neutral now, neutralB is hardly usable, her tilts are pretty good but slow... There is nothing she does well enough to justify being picked over the characters who do those things better. She has nothing in the way of kill confirms and relies entirely on you outplaying your opponent on multiple levels.

She's not the worst character in the game, but there's nothing about her that makes her good, either. I'm thinking I'm gonna switch mains when I start playing again.

D

Deleted member

I am going to go off to play my Hardcore world, thank you all for the support and feedback. :]

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

I've been dissecting her strengths and her faults for a month and I simply don't see enough upside to put her anywhere higher than C-tier. She's not fast on the ground. She's not fast in the air. Her recovery isn't great and her offstage options are very limited. Fair doesn't kill, Uair barely kills, Bair is good for spacing but its slow startup makes it a difficult kill move to land reliably, Fsmash was nerfed to hell, sideB is terrible for neutral now, neutralB is hardly usable, her tilts are pretty good but slow... There is nothing she does well enough to justify being picked over the characters who do those things better. She has nothing in the way of kill confirms and relies entirely on you outplaying your opponent on multiple levels.

She's not the worst character in the game, but there's nothing about her that makes her good, either. I'm thinking I'm gonna switch mains when I start playing again.
when you want to play corrin because you like her whole long-ranged/pin stuff but she literally cannot kill for **** if she tried

1554327041760.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just had an intrusive thought to post something incredibly offensive

My OCD sucks lol even things like that come around every so often

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Definitely picked Jill. A friend of mine said to not bother with Chris as a first time player.

I mainly save everytime I do something significant, or at least don’t want to have to do again. It was funny yesterday, because I got to the part with the Sharks, thought I was through and then died to the last one that could get you. I had to get alllllll the way through it again.

Like I said though, i’m trying to hold onto my ribbons so that i’m good to the end. What am I, halfway through the game? But part of it is that the fear gets to me because I don’t want to lose my progress that I worked so hard for.
If you're at the sharks you're a little over halfway, yeah. The save ribbons were a fantastic idea and I'm kind of sad that they haven't been used in a non-remake since 2003.

And your friend is right. Chris is harder. He has more health but the two fewer item slots makes backtracking a much bigger pain, especially since you have to carry around old keys to open what Jill can unlock by default. And Rebecca doesn't give him nearly as much as Barry does. Depending on where and how you go, Barry can stock you the **** up.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

D

Deleted member

ok like actually **** electroshock arm

it's not broken at all and doesn't need a nerf but on wifi it's such a ****ing pain

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Chrom isn't bad at all. Honestly finding the top tiers for this game is hard as hell. So many characters are viable. I think everyone I put in S and A and even some in B tier could potentially (or have already) win a tourney.

Inkling in general has so many good tools. The insane thing she can do out of throws and her ink mechanic, as well as amazing frame data means that she has numerous options to play so you aren't as predictable.
Inkling's dash dance and dash in general is super good for throwing people for a loop, I find. Also, yeah, her throws are nuts. The stuff you can do with Nair and Uair are insane, and are a big reason I love the character besides just being a Splatoon fan. I also love their off-stage options; Splat-Bomb, Dair, and Bair are amazing tools when used properly.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

you're right. We had a hard time deciding where to put Corrin. We meant to move her but didn't really know where to put her. So we just kind of left her since no one plays corrin anyway
Fixed your list.

lol k rool sucks

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Inkling's dash dance and dash in general is super good for throwing people for a loop, I find. Also, yeah, her throws are nuts. The stuff you can do with Nair and Uair are insane, and are a big reason I love the character besides just being a Splatoon fan. I also love their off-stage options; Splat-Bomb, Dair, and Bair are amazing tools when used properly.
Oh yeah you literally can't edge guard her. Literally you just can't go off stage and hit her. That's such a huge deal in this game.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Temmie Chang, the artist for Undertale, made their own game and it is good as ****. The music by Toby is great as always, the characters are interesting, the animated cutscenes are AMAZING, they look official, and the game boy inspired art style also looks great.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
when you want to play corrin because you like her whole long-ranged/pin stuff but she literally cannot kill for **** if she tried

View attachment 204328
I'm kind of waiting for 3.0.0 to see if she gets any significant changes. I like the character, but I can't tell half the time how close I am in skill to someone because I rack up damage but leave them alive 'til 200%. There's a list of things I can definitely do better as a player but how many of my issues are mitigated by my character of choice not being able to kill worth ****?

Granted, maybe it's just Sakurai trying to stay close to the source material. Corrin doesn't kill **** in Fates, either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For those who liked my other hand, I drew you a special picture of a hand at an absurd angle from my imagination instead of reference

Warning: NSFW (not safe for walking- use your feet instead)

image.jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!
Temmie Chang, the artist for Undertale, made their own game and it is good as ****. The music by Toby is great as always, the characters are interesting, the animated cutscenes are AMAZING, they look official, and the game boy inspired art style also looks great.
Well? What is it?

For those who liked my other hand, I drew you a special picture of a hand at an absurd angle from my imagination instead of reference

Imagine drawing hands

This post was made my the Noipoi cheats at drawing gang

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kinda amazed ahow how many top players are nostalgic for Smash 4 as of recent.

Cause Smash 4 had the most hypest sets.

IMG_20190403_144247.jpg

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been contemplating a list of mains to replace Corrin. Inkling might be the frontrunner.
  • Inkling
  • ZSS
  • Ken
  • Zelda
  • Palutena
  • Robin
  • Ike
  • Sheik
  • Mewtwo
  • Daisy

D

Deleted member

Okay, I am going to go for reals.
I am going to go outside, study French, read books, play my Minecraft Hardcore world and probably play Smash Bros with you people.

That looks really good! You must have fancy handwriting in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

alright chuds always miss things that fly right above their heads

for example
View attachment 204165
Super late reply here and I haven't played a single Assassins Creed game. But the other two examples seem kind of forced to me.

Mostly the Halo one, I have no idea what it has to do with with 9/11 and how the war even started isn't really even something of note within the games.

Perhaps you can explain it to me since it's going over my head?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Kinda amazed ahow how many top players are nostalgic for Smash 4 as of recent.

Cause Smash 4 had the most hypest sets.

View attachment 204331
Wait, who?

They made a whole poorly written sketch where they launched a Wii U to space to give a middle finger to that game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Top players are nostalgic for that game??? Why???

Smash 4 was complete donkey **** what are these dudes smoking
Check out the competitive thread and you can look at the tweets going straight from the source. Best not to read others' paraphrasing before seeing for yourself.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay, I am going to go for reals.
I am going to go outside, study French, read books, play my Minecraft Hardcore world and probably play Smash Bros with you people.

That looks really good! You must have fancy handwriting in real life.
image.jpg

I hope this answers your curiosity

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

What are the chances of a direct this week? As if one is happening, when would we hear about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom