• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
My thoughts exactly. While I was concerned they were gonna pull a Catherine on PC again, that was an entirely different situation than this. Plus, it doesn't make logistical sense, because that would mean that Atlus is assigning things like this:

One Team is working on P5R, another P5S, and one P5 Switch. Atlus isn't exactly the biggest studio around and I don't really see the logic in that, so I have to think if P5 is getting "the Golden" treatment, it's gonna be on Switch too, 'cause otherwise putting Jane in Smash markets a competitor exclusive and stretches Atlus staff thin for no reason. That's why I think P5S is Persona 5 Switch.
atlus uses subtle hypnotic suggestion to make you buy a persona 5 edition PS4

MOSHED-2019-4-1-12-42-25.gif

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So we given up on a Direct this week or is tomorrow the last chance?
I mean, never say die, but I don't think a Direct announcement tomorrow is very likely, unless they're announcing it a few days in advance.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So on my walk from getting lunch, I watched a guy going the wrong way on a one way street turn onto another one way street also going the wrong way.

It's moments like these that remind me that I'm better than other people.

D

Deleted member

Damn it looks good but where's Deborah
Agreed, Im liking what I see. Although I wish they went with a more Toriyama look rather than hybrid with Dreamworks/Disney faces for the humans.

Glad to see that they are apparently sticking to a part of the game rather than trying to cram all of it. Hope Deborah appears since she was my favorite part of the DS ver.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just wanted to comment on this point.

Resident Evil's "horror" is more than aesthetics. Yes, seeing a giant snake is "scary".

But what makes it survival horror isn't a scary cutscene and a big boss. Gears of War has that. What makes that giant snake terrifying is the fact that you found out it was a thing through your dying comrade with a snake bite the size of a sewer manhole, and after that, you still have to backtrack across the mansion to find serum, work your way through multiple other previously locked doors into new areas with new zombies, finally find the key to open the door you know has a giant snake in it, fight your way back across the mansion, then fight a giant snake. The fear of the unknown is compounded by your lack of resources; you save every bit of handgun and shotgun ammo you can find while fighting through zombies because you know there's a ****ing giant snake you still have to fight. You're building it up in your head because if you forget and use up too much ammo, you could be screwed later.

This approach to horror is ruined if you're on easy mode, because by the time you get to Yawn, you'll have sixteen acid grenades and four first aid sprays. Go ahead and kill every zombie between you and it; no worries, you've got more than enough ammo and save ribbons and healing items. I'm not saying there shouldn't be an easy mode, but classic Resident Evil is actually a better example for your point than you gave it credit for. Lowering the difficulty essentially does remove the horror from the game.
Speaking of this, I just finished the Guardhouse section of Resident Evil 1.

I’ve been trying to hold onto as many bullets as possible. I’ve also tried to conserve the Ink Ribbons as i’ve gone further, mainly because what has caused me to save (potentially too much...I think i’ve saved nearly 20 times and have 5-6 ink ribbons left) was the fear of losing progress. There were a few times where I got pretty far and did so much, only to come across a surprise Crimson Head and get freaking wrecked.

But, as you know, that’s why the game is so brilliantly designed. It adds to the formula in like a passive way, but it makes things that much scarier. I’m playing on Normal too!

D

Deleted member

I've revised what I though about the cast recently and me and a few other high level players made a list based on that

You can find it here
Inkling is considered second best? I thought people were saying they weren't getting much in way of tourney results?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was doing warm ups and I was gonna do a figure pose from a reference but I ended up putting too much effort into it and I cranked my neck doing it and lost a bit of confidence lol
Instead of just doing like a stick figure thing

Aw well

image.jpg

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Inkling is considered second best? I thought people were saying they weren't getting much in way of tourney results?
I'm basing a lot of this list off of potential. Inkling has the tools to be one of the best. Armada and Cosmos have shown that. Sure, an Inkling hasn't won a major, but Armada did beat Zero 3-1 at Summit, which isn't a small feat.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Speaking of this, I just finished the Guardhouse section of Resident Evil 1.

I’ve been trying to hold onto as many bullets as possible. I’ve also tried to conserve the Ink Ribbons as i’ve gone further, mainly because what has caused me to save (potentially too much...I think i’ve saved nearly 20 times and have 5-6 ink ribbons left) was the fear of losing progress. There were a few times where I got pretty far and did so much, only to come across a surprise Crimson Head and get freaking wrecked.

But, as you know, that’s why the game is so brilliantly designed. It adds to the formula in like a passive way, but it makes things that much scarier. I’m playing on Normal too!
You're good. In Normal, I think there's something like... 50 ribbons? Like, you're definitely saving too much, but as long as you find all the ribbons, you won't run out. Hard mode drops the amount of ink ribbons to like 20. I forget the exact numbers.

Who're you playing as, Jill or Chris?

Also, funny note: I'm missing the achievement for killing a crimson head despite playing through the game three times on XB1 because **** those things, I make sure I never have to face one.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was doing warm ups and I was gonna do a figure pose from a reference but I ended up putting too much effort into it and I cranked my neck doing it and lost a bit of confidence lol

Aw well

>No showing fear at drawing a hand

ToasterChad

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Someone should make an RPG just starring Smashboards users as playable characters and NPCs. That reminds me. Noipoi Noipoi , how’s your cool fanfic coming along?
Now there's an idea I can get behind. RPG Maker's a thing, after all.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Translation: You hacked your own bank account, bought SB premium, and selected Reggieboards from the style chooser.
Actually no that’s not what I did. I hadn’t refreshed the page since April 1st. Wasn’t aware it was a style you could choose from.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>No showing fear at drawing a hand

ToasterChad
I’ll have you know there’s a dark eraser cloud around that hand for a reason

It certainly was a learning experience though...

Also I need to get a better eraser

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Random:

Youtube's playlist mix just started throwing FFXIII music my way and I forgot that it had a ****ing great soundtrack.

D

Deleted member

I'm basing a lot of this list off of potential. Inkling has the tools to be one of the best. Armada and Cosmos have shown that. Sure, an Inkling hasn't won a major, but Armada did beat Zero 3-1 at Summit, which isn't a small feat.
Honestly, the lower usage rates for them surprise me. I figured they'd be a way more popular pick given that they're a character with very few notable flaws. I do like that you gave Kirby some credit, though; little guy isn't nearly as bad as some say, even if he is low tier for sure.

Also, dang, Chrom fell off pretty quick I guess.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I hope I did not make you mad Moydow Moydow .
I thought it was obvious my response was joking too, but eh.

If I was to actually pick my own alignment I'd probably say chaotic good. I always try to do what I believe is right, even if it goes against the "rules" or whatever; if what is right goes against the rules, then most likely the rules are wrong.
and yet they made me an admin in spite of this

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

If I was to actually pick my own alignment I'd probably say chaotic good. I always try to do what I believe is right, even if it goes against the "rules" or whatever; if what is right goes against the rules, then most likely the rules are wrong.
Because you were too powerful. They didn't make you an admin. You just ascended to the position out of nowhere, and now everyone else is too afraid to question it.

D

Deleted member

Makes sense. :p
Being Chaotic Good can be better than being Lawful Good in some instances.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Someone should make an RPG just starring Smashboards users as playable characters and NPCs. That reminds me. Noipoi Noipoi , how’s your cool fanfic coming along?
Judging by my profile picture and username, I would have to be some sort of traitor. I don't really care if it's Marx style (good to bad) or Peridot style (bad to good).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Watch Nintendo post a direct announcement at exactly 7 PM EST today, the third day of April, in the year of our Lord (me) 2019

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I’ll have you know there’s a dark eraser cloud around that hand for a reason

It certainly was a learning experience though...

Also I need to get a better eraser
But you still kept the hand instead and it came put good.

Hands are like intimidating af lol

It took me a like a month to break a mental barrier and get confidence at drawing them.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Honestly, the lower usage rates for them surprise me. I figured they'd be a way more popular pick given that they're a character with very few notable flaws. I do like that you gave Kirby some credit, though; little guy isn't nearly as bad as some say, even if he is low tier for sure.

Also, dang, Chrom fell off pretty quick I guess.
Chrom isn't bad at all. Honestly finding the top tiers for this game is hard as hell. So many characters are viable. I think everyone I put in S and A and even some in B tier could potentially (or have already) win a tourney.

Inkling in general has so many good tools. The insane thing she can do out of throws and her ink mechanic, as well as amazing frame data means that she has numerous options to play so you aren't as predictable.

D

Deleted member

Aw well

Hey, it looks good! You did better at drawing hands than I could.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, it's bed time here, so I hope you all have a great time here while I'm gone! Thanks for all the support for my sprites too! It definitly make me more motivated to work on them, if you know what I'm sayin'.:4roy:

On that said, good night you all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom