• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, have you ever heard of mods?
Have you ever heard of "wanting content in the game without having to add it it myself"? Sure, we could mod any song under the sun into Smash. But that doesn't mean we want to. It'd be much more convenient for the song to already be in the game.

D

Deleted member

Serious offer: I have a sealed Switch collectors edition with the big Sonic-standing-on-a-Sega-Genesis figure if you wanted to buy it.
I appreciate the offer but I wouldn't have time to play it right now, honestly. I have a huge backlog right now with BiSDX, Mario + Rabbids, Tales of Vesperia, Yoshi's Crafted World, and me wanting to finally delve into Splatoon's ranked meta sitting there waiting for me to start working on 'em.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's a meme because "Haha egoraptor said it's bad so it must be bad!" when egoraptor admitted his video of Ocarina of Time was garbage. If anything it's good because they you get to see the trajectory of bombs significantly easier and can use them more efficiently
I knew about Arin stupid reason to not like it, but I wondered if other peoples had problem with it before Arin made it a -bad- meme.

osby

Smash Obsessed
D

Deleted member

Hurrah yet again another media of fiction that gets demysteryified when its not needed.

Because not knowing what Joker's actual origin is what makes it scarier as with the xenomorphs.
Who knows yet, we could have a situation where the movie ends with the events of the movie being a story told by the Joker which might be or not true like the in the Killing Joke. Plus the Burton Batman had an origin for him already, so I think its not really surprising they try to make a origin story for him.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, have you ever heard of mods?
Have you ever heard of "CFW for Switch isn't to the point where mods are a widely viable option?"

Seriously. If you're not on version 3.0.0 or below you can't mod your Switch in any way. It's not like the 3DS or Wii U where it's busted open.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I appreciate the offer but I wouldn't have time to play it right now, honestly. I have a huge backlog right now with BiSDX, Mario + Rabbids, Tales of Vesperia, Yoshi's Crafted World, and me wanting to finally delve into Splatoon's ranked meta sitting there waiting for me to start working on 'em.
I figured as much but wanted to offer. I'm gonna be ebaying it soon. When I get to spring cleaning the garage, I'm gonna be selling a lot of my **** to fund my own recording studio.

I'll have to offer some things I think people here would like, just to make sure they find good homes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If anyone ever DID have a problem with it beforehand then it's the same kind of people who go "DARK SOULS IS FORBIDDEN FROM HAVING AN EASY MODE BECAUSE I WANT HARD MODE GAMES!"
Yeah.

But Dark Souls shouldn't have a easy mode anyway.:ultrob:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I never understood why some peoples had problem with this.

Can someone explain it to me?
Wiimote controls are inconsistent as **** and it added an unnecessary minigame to what used to be just lining up and pressing the A button.

It was a case of adding Wiimote controls to something just to add Wiimote controls to something.

D

Deleted member

Have you ever heard of "CFW for Switch isn't to the point where mods are a widely viable option?"

Seriously. If you're not on version 3.0.0 or below you can't mod your Switch in any way. It's not like the 3DS or Wii U where it's busted open.
Modding for consoles doesn't even really become accessible or reasonable to do until console end of life, so yeah, I agree. Modding isn't an acceptable substitute for things on Switch yet.

D

Deleted member

I knew about Arin stupid reason to not like it, but I wondered if other peoples had problem with it before Arin made it a -bad- meme.
Frankly it just feels like its some trend when some e-celeb says something is good or bad and the fans who haven't played the games just bandwagon their opinion, While OoT has a few issues, bombs never felt like an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Frankly it just feels like its some trend when some e-celeb says something is good or bad and the fans who haven't played the games just bandwagon their opinion, While OoT has a few issues, bombs never felt like an issue.
Wait, what? There are people who take issues with how bombs work in OoT, of all things? You just pick 'em up, wait for a second, and then throw 'em. Was never that hard for me. You just trial and error it. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

You heard of beeg yosh now get ready for...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Same dude who verified that the listing for P5 Switch were actually on Best Buy's servers (along with the other leaked games) has now verified that Best Buy removed them from their servers.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It can do with an easy mode for people who can't quite grasp the mechanics as easily as there's nothing forcing experienced/masochistic players from using it instead of the harder difficulty options
I don't know, I ain't a hardcore dark soul fan or anything, but I feel like Dark Souls is a game whose difficulty is a part of the experience, throw it at the window, and the player might not feel the intention the dev intented for the player to have at certain moment.

That, and everyone suffer in Dark Soul at one point or another, so, no one is free from some pain at any points, casual or even expert.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Same dude who verified that the listing for P5 Switch were actually on Best Buy's servers (along with the other leaked games) has now verified that Best Buy removed them from their servers.
your efforts do not go unnoticed, brave intern-kun

godspeed

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I've asked this question here before but Noone answered it.

But I REALLY want to know.

Why do people like vocal versions of songs so much better?
I honestly don't see the appeal most of the time.

D

Deleted member

cf8.jpg

I little too late there, Best Buy. You can't just pretend the Best Buy Direct didn't happen.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what? There are people who take issues with how bombs work in OoT, of all things? You just pick 'em up, wait for a second, and then throw 'em. Was never that hard for me. You just trial and error it. :drshrug:
Arin made some stupid sequelitis video regarding OoT, haven't seen it but a lot of his complaints that I have read are just plain stupid. A lot of his fans just bandwagoned on OoT being overrated after that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

For a lot of songs, the vocals carry the main melody and are the focal point of a music piece.

Like, imagine "Devil Trigger" without "Bang Bang Bang, Pull my Devil Trigger."

D

Deleted member

your efforts do not go unnoticed, brave intern-kun

godspeed
I'd like to think the guy who accidentally leaked the umvc3 roster, simon, and this stuff is all the same guy. Just one lad constantly ****ing up and getting fired, only to find another job. ****, this should be a sitcom.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It can do with an easy mode for people who can't quite grasp the mechanics as easily as there's nothing forcing experienced/masochistic players from using it instead of the harder difficulty options
I'm not a Dark Souls guy, but the Bioware community has had a similar debate raging on since Mass Effect 3 added narrative mode. And I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Like, give people the option to enjoy the game on their own terms. If they want to experience the story without putting effort into the combat sections and needing to optimize their gear between missions, let them. It's not hurting you at all.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a Dark Souls guy, but the Bioware community has had a similar debate raging on since Mass Effect 3 added narrative mode. And I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Like, give people the option to enjoy the game on their own terms. If they want to experience the story without putting effort into the combat sections and needing to optimize their gear between missions, let them. It's not hurting you at all.
But options are bad and the very presence of an easy mode offends my hardcore GAMER skillz!11!!1

Yeah, never knew why people hate making things more accessible. Reminds me of some of the complaints people had with MM3D or the M&L remakes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know, I ain't a hardcore dark soul fan or anything, but I feel like Dark Souls is a game whose difficulty is a part of the experience, throw it at the window, and the player might not feel the intention the dev intented for the player to have at certain moment.

That, and everyone suffer in Dark Soul at one point or another, so, no one is free from some pain at any points, casual or even expert.
I WOULD agree but there are CONSTANTLY changes made for games which are very likely beyond 'developer intent' Speedrunning, Nuzlockes, etc. are good examples of this. You wouldn't say a speedrunner is disrespecting the developer intent would you? In the case of games like Dark Souls there's actually more appeal than 'it hard' so people who would like to appreciate say, the lore behind the world and everything might not be able to enjoy the things they would enjoy if they can't get to it. Look at Celeste's Assist mode, do you think you should have an extra dash or two? Maybe infinite dashes? The game lets you do that. Is the game juuuuust a bit too fast for you to get right? The game lets you lower the speed so you can enjoy it at your own pace. Do you want to be invincible and ignore the gameplay entirely so you can focus on the story and music? The game lets you do that! While I'm not entirely sure how to feel about "You cannot possibly lose" options, easier options for those who might need them are never a bad idea.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Because music tracks are composed of several parts. When you remove vocals, you're removing something that made it good in the first place.

Granted, I think instrumental remixes can be good as well, but it's not hard to see why a lot of people want the full version.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Doesn't this give more fuel that this leak is real?

Shroob

Sup?
But options are bad and the very presence of an easy mode offends my hardcore GAMER skillz!11!!1

Yeah, never knew why people hate making things more accessible. Reminds me of some of the complaints people had with MM3D or the M&L remakes.
To be honest though, MM3D did some bad things.

The bosses were a joke, and some were a hundred times worse to fight(Here's looking at you, Twinmold).

I love Majora's Mask to pieces, but the bosses were.... no beuno.

Noipoi

Howdy!

You’re too late, BestBuy-San.

I can’t unsee what has been seen.

I can’t unhype what has been hyped.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tbh i'm quite partial to giving souls an easy mode that disables boss achievements

that seems like a fair enough compromise

D

Deleted member

If you skip cutscenes you can't ***** about "b-but muh devs intentions"

Shroob

Sup?
The bosses? You've decided the bosses should be the complaint and not the immense nerf to Zora swimming speed?
I can live with going slo

Having to fight Twinmold made me put the game down for a week out of frustration.

Odollwa was way, way too easy of a boss. It was a 'challenging but fair' boss originally but they made it baby mode.

Ghoat was..... kinda the same except it forced you out of Goron state constantly, which was a huge pain.

Gyorg was the best of the 4 honestly. Gyorg was super boring in the original so props to them.

Twinmold....... No.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Today’s 10 minutes: For the next 10 minutes, everyone here is Becky, the middle aged soccer mom who wants to see the manager.

D

Deleted member

just finished my last exam for like the next week

now i can relax

and unwind
13EA75E3-D19D-4CDB-AA53-6C160B4FD079.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom