• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I do think a lot of DBFZ's initial appeal came from it going "Hey, are you disappointed in MVCI? Well we've got tag team mechanics with stunning visuals and iconic characters too!" The mechanics are certainly really solid and it's a good game, but I think after that initial hype wore off, people were able to look past it and became more critical of the game, and I think a lot of people just became bored with it. At least that's what I think.
It doesn't help that the meta's been somewhat stale. Outside some of the top players getting creative with their teams, most matches consist of more or less the same handful of characters going through the same motions.

What also hurts it is a lack of matchups, in terms of longterm appeal. There's no counter picking characters; you just go in with the team you have and keep butting your heads together. It made for a fantastic first year but I can understand why it wouldn't continue to carry that large of a fan base through year two. There's not as much intrigue from match to match.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Maybe if they stopped adding Gokus, I'd be more interested.

No seriously, the cast is my biggest issue with the game. Is it superficial? Yes. Does it matter? If I don't watch the show anymore, yes.

Honestly though some of the Jobbers from the tournament arc in SUPER would be fun as hell to play.

Like the fat Bear guy or ya'know just Roshi or young Chichi, or Launch.

Wait bro, what happened to Mr.Satan or that boxing vampire?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have been moving for three days.

I am hungry, angry, tired, and I’m still not done.

My computer hasn’t even been set up, I’m mobile posting right now.

So until I get a moment of ****ing peace, I guess it’s Poinoi time.
please no
poinoi's a meanie, he said nobody cares about 101 Dalmatian Street

D

Deleted member

Honestly though some of the Jobbers from the tournament arc in SUPER would be fun as hell to play.

Or be like Raging Blast 2 and make this your roster.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Or be like Raging Blast 2 and make this your roster.

Honestly yeah and since we out here just making our own guys now #GTGoku with Power pole

Super Buu and or anyone else can be anything really.

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

Why the **** are Roshi and Hercule not playable yet again? I like the first two DLC pack 2 choices as well as the 1st DLC and base roster but with GT Goku and Movie Broly idk how good I’m feeling about the future.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why the **** are Roshi and Hercule not playable yet again? I like the first two DLC pack 2 choices as well as the 1st DLC and base roster but with GT Goku and Movie Broly idk how good I’m feeling about the future.
Movie Broly, not gonna lie I get, dipping into GT in 2019 when DBZ and Super are still overflowing with choices is beyond me. Especially when anyone is fair game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have been moving for three days.

I am hungry, angry, tired, and I’m still not done.

My computer hasn’t even been set up, I’m mobile posting right now.

So until I get a moment of ****ing peace, I guess it’s Poinoi time.
hunger: unsated
bottled anger: not taken out
sleep: not 7 hours
yep, it's poinoi time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom