• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

you have to do a quest for each, right?

i talked to a few but didn't do their missions yet
you don't have to do a quest you just kinda pick up their crystals from a nopon in argentum

check their little entries in the dlc present menu and it'll tell you who you need to talk to iirc

D

Deleted member

Damn. Survey's closed. Anyways, one of the top comments is saying that they did a survey like this a year or so back. No link or evidence was cited. If someone could find this survey, it would give me hope that Persona 5 S is just Persona 5 Switch. Thinking for a second, what is Persona 5 going to do beyond Royal, which is predicted to be a remake. So far, it's just doing what Persona 4 has done. An enhanced version of the original game, Q2, even a dancing game.

I'm not getting my hopes up. Persona 5 S could be an arena game, like Persona 5 Strife or some **** like that. I don't think we have all of the info yet.

E: Ah here we go. They do yearly consumer surveys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
you don't have to do a quest you just kinda pick up their crystals from a nopon in argentum

check their little entries in the dlc present menu and it'll tell you who you need to talk to iirc
oh alright
neat thanks for the tips lol

i'm taking this time to really try to build up my teams the way i actually want instead of just kinda throwing **** together so this helps

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So while I can’t quite pinpoint when Joker himself will be released, I think we’re in good shape for a Direct sometime this week.

If Nintendo has sent out press materials, and they include the render that Best Buy has, that stuff doesn’t get sent out super far in advance. Therefore, my guess is the Direct will be announced for Thursday, and will be announced tomorrow.

At least I hope it is. Now that’s i’ve finished Persona 5 I just want to play as Joker in Smash.

D

Deleted member

oh alright
neat thanks for the tips lol

i'm taking this time to really try to build up my teams the way i actually want instead of just kinda throwing **** together so this helps
hella get them, corvin is actually kinda broken on morag and crossette is also super good on nia

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of RPG-related games, Final Fantasy VII Remake actually has a recent update and that it's now being co-directed with someone who seems competent in leading a project. Naoki Hamaguchi will be co-directing alongside Nomura now.

Also I guess this was also missed through the grapevines, but Nobuo Uematsu is also confirmed to be composing the game's OST. Glad to see he's starting to get better, health-wise.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Atlus teasing Persona 5 S.
P5S.

What people have been talking about for the last dozen pages ;p
Persona 5 S is teased.
No one knows what the S stands for.
That's uh, it.
Hmm... I don't know since I technically just appeared, and I have no general interest in the Persona series at all, but if I had to guess, it probably just doesn't mean anything directly, example being the G in MonHun sometime before stood for G-rank... so S could just be another something similar... with "secrets", but what do I know?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmm... I don't know since I technically just appeared, and I have no general interest in the Persona series at all, but if I had to guess, it probably just doesn't mean anything directly, example being the G in MonHun sometime before stood for G-rank... so S could just be another something similar... with "secrets", but what do I know?
It stands for something, we just dont know what yet :)
p5r stood for persona 5 (the) royal.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Speaking of RPG-related games, Final Fantasy VII Remake actually has a recent update and that it's now being co-directed with someone who seems competent in leading a project. Naoki Hamaguchi will be co-directing alongside Nomura now.

Also I guess this was also missed through the grapevines, but Nobuo Uematsu is also confirmed to be composing the game's OST. Glad to see he's starting to get better, health-wise.
I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to hear that OST in sweet HD glory.
d96.jpg

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So while I can’t quite pinpoint when Joker himself will be released, I think we’re in good shape for a Direct sometime this week.

If Nintendo has sent out press materials, and they include the render that Best Buy has, that stuff doesn’t get sent out super far in advance. Therefore, my guess is the Direct will be announced for Thursday, and will be announced tomorrow.

At least I hope it is. Now that’s i’ve finished Persona 5 I just want to play as Joker in Smash.
Yeah, this was my thought process as well. If Best Buy has the render already I feel like a trailer has to be soon. If it hadn't been for that I would've been more inclined to believe he'd release day and date on the 24th with his trailer

D

Deleted member

Leffen: "Games like UNIST were bought out to have a spot in EVO."

Meanwhile, EVO Entrant Results:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This could be a real good discussion piece, cause the fact that UNIST is in top 5 over DBFZ, Soul Calibur and BBTAG is pretty damning. Especially DBFZ.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It stands for something, we just dont know what yet :)
p5r stood for persona 5 (the) royal.
I'm thinking the common sense route is Persona 5 Switch. Joker is in Smash Bros, which introduces Persona fans to Smash Bros and Smash Bros fans to Persona as a mutual exchange. Atlus has released Persona (spin-off) games on Nintendo systems and SMT's mainline games are being released on Nintendo stuff too. There was also SMT x FE.

Could this be coming from my overwhelming desire for a Switch port? Maybe, but there's not a lot of places left for Atlus to take Persona 5 if Persona 4 is anything to go by. We already have Q2, a dancing game, and a remake/potential sequel. The only places I can see them going from here is Persona 5 Racing, Strife (an arena game), or a port.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

This could be a real good discussion piece, cause the fact that UNIST is in top 5 over DBFZ, Soul Calibur and BBTAG is pretty damning. Especially DBFZ.
I don't think people realize how different the anime fighting games are. They're not just 2D fighters and they're not MvC like Tag Fighters either. They're their own beast. They appeal to a COMPLETELY unique audience compared to some of the others.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm thinking the common sense route is Persona 5 Switch. Joker is in Smash Bros, which introduces Persona fans to Smash Bros and Smash Bros fans to Persona as a mutual exchange. Atlus has released Persona (spin-off) games on Nintendo systems and SMT's mainline games are being released on Nintendo stuff too. There was also SMT x FE.
If it ends up like that I hope that it's not just an announcement but also a shadow drop. Or at least not far away. Switch users could play it and smash :)

Also, I might have to cover girl erdrick and change my avatar. ;p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Maybe, juuuust maybe, they'll slip up and put a reference to the next NEXT DLC character.

Inb4 its "Spiral"
Or even just update what we already know. 2.0.0 removed the names Jack/Brave from the files, so anything getting added back in now would be pretty spicy.

The placeholder values would most likely be updated, so the character stats could completely change (Plant went from being slower than Incineroar in 1.0 to being heavier than Ridley in 2.0).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
20-year-olds aren’t allowed in a bar?
20 is the drinking age... in Japan. And probably a few other countries that aren’t the US, Canada, Mexico, the UK, or Australia.

But this ain’t Japan soooooooo

Fun fact: in the 1990s, Japan’s drinking age was 19.

D

Deleted member

If it ends up like that I hope that it's not just an announcement but also a shadow drop. Or at least not far away. Switch users could play it and smash :)

Also, I might have to cover girl erdrick and change my avatar. ;p
Imagine waiting months for Persona 5 Switch after Joker's release, which is legitimately possible. Final Fantasy 7 took years until it was ported to a Nintendo console after Cloud's reveal.

Also I'm waiting for more info before I switch to girl Erdrick again. Smash Bros will inspire more fanart of her so I'll wait for those if I see anything I like. Until then, you all get a side profile of my beautiful head.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I think I'm more shocked by Cross Tag than anything else. That game fell fast.

Though FighterZ is also very much surprising. I'm glad to see SFV is still holding strong. I was worried about it. I love the game, and I don't feel like I've gotten enough out of it yet to justify the SF6 rumors.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also oof

I’m regretting using my overdrive protocols too wantonly

I know you can get some by maxing out a driver’s affinity chart or a Blade’s Affinity Chart. Good freakin thing I went through the tedious hell that is Bearing Her Soul start to finish my first playthrough

NEVER. AGAIN.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It starts Jill, not you. It only has your name on the cover.
I'd prefer that, honestly.

Just one more reason to throw her into Smash.

D

Deleted member

SamSho being 7th is a bit disappointing but it makes sense considering it hasn't even come out yet. The UNIST community definitely came out in full force for this evo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Imagine waiting months for Persona 5 Switch after Joker's release, which is legitimately possible. Final Fantasy 7 took years until it was ported to a Nintendo console after Cloud's reveal.

Also I'm waiting for more info before I switch to girl Erdrick again. Smash Bros will inspire more fanart of her so I'll wait for those if I see anything I like. Until then, you all get a side profile of my beautiful head.
ya definitely possible ;)

it'll be cool if atlus has better plans tho. Maybe they've been planning for this and have it ready soon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
hella get them, corvin is actually kinda broken on morag and crossette is also super good on nia
okay update i got them both and whenever i finish sending the blade with a boss fetish out on missions it'll be official that none of my party will have their top slot be their personal blades lol

EDIT: actually i like the Aegis being on the top slot because of the faster attacking to begin the fight than zenobia but otherwise yeah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom