• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
a big part of the postgame is fighting superbosses above your level cap and goddamn does zenobia love fighting bosses above your current level
i just gotta get more not common cores
and also stop trying to make every single person a "master" class lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*peeks in* So what's today's scoop on justice or any kind of news or info or something? I honestly have no topic starter this time that isn't my usual ones.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What are y'all expecting for this random patch coming?
Maybe just some bug fixes? or could be a bit more?

https://smash.oatmealdome.me/popup_news/2025/en-US/
If it was actual character changes, we'd be getting a bigger update since those always break replays/also change the decimal/10th number (would be 2.1.0 instead).

2.0.2 suggests it is changes that won't do that, so most likely fixing things like bugs or adding in new amiibo compatibility.

Or they could just do the usual (stability intensifies)

D

Deleted member

i just gotta get more not common cores
and also stop trying to make every single person a "master" class lol
quick hint the class bonuses or whatever aren't really that big

really just handle your builds on a blade by blade basis rather then caring about what class your drivers are, while also keeping in mind that while each driver is slightly more attuned to their own niche mixed roles are fine

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think the new update will prepare the game for the changes/new content introduced by 3.0 update, so maybe there are some informations hidden in it... I may be wrong but if that's the case, we will discover some interesting stuff very soon (in any case the update 3.0 will come out soon too so we will know interesting stuff soon regardless).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If it was actual character changes, we'd be getting a bigger update since those always break replays (also changes the decimal/10th number, so it would be 2.1.0 instead).

2.0.2 suggests it is changes that won't do that, so most likely fixing things like bugs or adding in new amiibo compatibility.

That makes sense. I would still hope for some character balancing but unless they figure out how to not affect replays .. well still curious of what it is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
quick hint the class bonuses or whatever aren't really that big

really just handle your builds on a blade by blade basis rather then caring about what class your drivers are, while also keeping in mind that while each driver is slightly more attuned to their own niche mixed roles are fine
gotcha
okay yeah i was probably giving class bonuses more credit than i needed to then

though i still kinda want nia to be master healer lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the new update will prepare the game for the changes/new content introduced by 3.0 update, so maybe there are some informations hidden in it... I may be wrong but if that's the case, we will discover some interesting stuff very soon (in any case the update 3.0 will come out soon too so we will know interesting stuff soon regardless).
That might actually be the most we could hope for. worth seeing what the dataminers will find. not counting on it but we dont have much to look at right now :p

D

Deleted member

gotcha
okay yeah i was probably giving class bonuses more credit than i needed to then

though i still kinda want nia to be master healer lol.
well nia sucks at everything besides healing so maybe for her yeah master healer is the way to go

even then she still sucks at healing compared to some postgame shenanigans you can pull so really she's so invalidated it's kinda sad

Teeb147

Smash Legend
well nia sucks at everything besides healing so maybe for her yeah master healer is the way to go

even then she still sucks at healing compared to some postgame shenanigans you can pull so really she's so invalidated it's kinda sad
uh nia doesnt suck at being awesome. i'd use her even if some others work better in battle. :)

D

Deleted member

Guys, clearly it'll be Persona 5 featuring Scott the Woz, like that Cadence of Hyrule crossover, but with more of the what the hells.

D

Deleted member

if 5S is a sequel/new project of some kind, i suspect Royal ('royal' having connotations of 'deluxe') is an expanded rerelease of the original game with feMC so that people who haven't already played the base game can do so in a new way in anticipation of 5S's release

i'm not holding my breath for either to come to switch, especially considering atlus put out a survey only very recently to see if there was even interest for switch ports
Can I see when and where this survey was posted?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That makes sense. I would still hope for some character balancing but unless they figure out how to not affect replays .. well still curious of what it is.
I wouldn't rule it out if it was a minor tweak, like fixing the Olimar not charging smash attack bug, but they most likely are saving the big stuff for 3.0.

Balancing seems like a lot of effort for them to be updating the game in increments as opposed to just all in one major patch. Especially now that they actually list patch notes.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

oh no

well i guess that makes sense
she was next on my list to replace out

right now i've got Rex, Nia, and the fourth party member (idunno if it'd be a spoiler to anyone else if i say or not)

D

Deleted member

uh nia doesnt suck at being awesome. i'd use her even if some others work better in battle. :)
nia's one of my favs but goddamn if
crit healing just doesnt invalidate her ONLY niche, and also the fact that she doesn't have a SINGLE weapon moveset that she's best with

hell ****ing zeke can do better consistent healing + damage with the ****ing bitball for crying out loud

D

Deleted member

Hey I'm gonna post my top 5 favorite songs even though nobody asked
5. Fossil Falls (Super Mario Odyssey)
4. LPS: A World of Our Own Theme Song
3. 101 Dalmatian Street Theme Song
2. Moon Theme (Ducktales Remastered)
1. Lifelight

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

oh no

well i guess that makes sense
she was next on my list to replace out

right now i've got Rex, Nia, and the fourth party member (idunno if it'd be a spoiler to anyone else if i say or not)
oh yeah btw did you pick up the dlc blade core crystals? iirc you can do that from the start

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
S actually stands for Smol.
All the models are now polygonal, similar to the original Final Fantasy VII.
It’s a Switch exclusive.
Atlus was tired of people asking for P5 on Switch. Polygonal Joker will be an alt in Smash, and he’ll have a ponytail.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If it was actual character changes, we'd be getting a bigger update since those always break replays/also change the decimal/10th number (would be 2.1.0 instead).

Maybe, juuuust maybe, they'll slip up and put a reference to the next NEXT DLC character.

Inb4 its "Spiral"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah, Jeph Loeb (TV) is just super jealous of Kevin Feige(MCU) because of how much attention he gets. He deserves it though. Hes been partly responsible for every good Marvel movie there's ever been, X-Men, Spider-Man, X2, Spider-Man 2, all had Feige working on them. Jeph Loeb just wanted that same attention. Yeah, and he also completely robbed Feige of Inhumans and then gave us ****. So, that's probably why Feige is heading up the Loki and Scarlet Witch/Vision shows now.
Is that why the Netflix and other TV characters weren’t in Infinity War? Seriously, what a missed opportunity. I kept secretly hoping that Coulson would show up at the battle of Wakanda and we’d get Daredevil and Jessica Jones and Cloak and Dagger and Runaways all helping out in the fight. Would have made NO sense, probably would require a whole other movie just to set up but I wanted it sooooo bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom