• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wake up
Persona 5 S countdown

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
steady those expectations son, the teaser hidden on the site says "We will show you new Phantom Thieves that will overturn the world's cognition and perceptions. We are vigorous with voices that seek satisfaction."

it's possible for it to be a switch port, but 'new phantom thieves' points more towards a sequel/spinoff

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can't wait for 2.02 to be released and then have nothing happen.

D

Deleted member

You ever wake up and star in a game you've never played?

Happens to me all the time.
How about a game where extraterrestrial AI are harvesting all life on Earth and re-purposing it for their own society. Everything about that dream takes inspiration from Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts, Mortal Kombat, Boku no Hero Academia, Final Fantasy 15, etc. I've only touch
ya definitely possible ;)

it'll be cool if atlus has better plans tho. Maybe they've been planning for this and have it ready soon.
True and I hope it releases. I'll have a dilemma on my hands though because I'll first have to beat Final Fantasy 7. I've began restarting my file because I decided to name Tifa "MelonLord" after I named her Hirquanda, and I'm not going through the whole adventure with Hirquanda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
steady those expectations son, the teaser hidden on the site says "We will show you new Phantom Thieves that will overturn the world's cognition and perceptions. We are vigorous with voices that seek satisfaction."

it's possible for it to be a switch port, but 'new phantom thieves' points more towards a sequel/spinoff

Alright, never mind. Let me just take these dreams outside and give em the old yeller treatment.

D

Deleted member

Ah ****. Nevermind on my hopes and dreams.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anybody else listen to future funk on the regular?

It's corrupted my YouTube feed with a bunch of magical anime girl transformations from shows I can't name.

D

Deleted member

I don't think people realize how different the anime fighting games are. They're not just 2D fighters and they're not MvC like Tag Fighters either. They're their own beast. They appeal to a COMPLETELY unique audience compared to some of the others.
Which is why I'll still roll in my sleep when Leffen of all people, when HE HIMSELF played DBFZ, says that these games like UNIST were bought out.

I think I'm more shocked by Cross Tag than anything else. That game fell fast.

Though FighterZ is also very much surprising. I'm glad to see SFV is still holding strong. I was worried about it. I love the game, and I don't feel like I've gotten enough out of it yet to justify the SF6 rumors.
From what I could gather about BBTAG, the problems stemmed around stuff like the meta not evolving as much as it should and how ArcSys treated the game. FighterZ, though? No doubt because of Toei banning the game in tournaments. DBFZ should've been in like the top 3 for entrant results this year easily, but once you prevent your game from being in FGC tournaments big and small, don't expect your game to last long. And I guess that also was kind of the case, too, with people just not liking the game as they did back then? I could've sworn I heard something like that, among those lines.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How about a game where extraterrestrial AI are harvesting all life on Earth and making it into their own. Everything about that dream takes inspiration from Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts, Mortal Kombat, Boku no Hero Academia, Final Fantasy 15, etc. I've only touch

True and I hope it releases. I'll have a dilemma on my hands though because I'll first have to beat Final Fantasy 7. I've began restarting my file because I decided to name Tifa "MelonLord" after I named her Hirquanda, and I'm not going through the whole adventure with Hirquanda.
Ahhha. Well you can always play them both at the same time. (alternate). ;)
or whatever you enjoy most.

D

Deleted member

BBTag falling so fast is just a result of ArcSys terrible handling of DLC and announcements so much so that interest for the game simply fell off the face of the Earth

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
From what I could gather about BBTAG, the problems stemmed around stuff like the meta not evolving as much as it should and how ArcSys treated the game. FighterZ, though? No doubt because of Toei banning the game in tournaments. DBFZ should've been in like the top 3 for entrant results this year easily, but once you prevent your game from being in FGC tournaments big and small, don't expect your game to last long. And I guess that also was kind of the case, too, with people just not liking the game as they did back then? I could've sworn I heard something like that, among those lines.
The FighterZ scene in our area has certainly dwindled. I think the game suffers from both a monstrous skill gap in competetive play and a feeling of redundancy with how it's set up as a fighter. The characters don't have enough major differences between them visually the way MvC games do, so outside of hardcore Dragonball fans and people who specifically want to keep playing FighterZ, the fanbase starts to get bored.

I don't think it's dead by any means, but I no longer think a season 3 is going to happen.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
BBTag falling so fast is just a result of ArcSys terrible handling of DLC and announcements so much so that interest for the game simply fell off the face of the Earth
Honestly didn't even know the game was out yet. So... that's probably not a good sign.

D

Deleted member

Well, do your best ;p 40-50 hours in 20 days isn't impossible. ;)
I'll have a week where I have no exams for once so that may be possible. Maybe if I skip side quests like I usually do. :smirk:

I know about how to speed up battles and how to turn off encounters so I can get a move on.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly didn't even know the game was out yet. So... that's probably not a good sign.
You probably thought it was a RWBY fighting game when you saw it. That's understandable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll have a week where I have no exams for once so that may be possible. Maybe if I skip side quests like I usually do. :smirk:
Just make sure to get yuffie. She's in a patch of forest on the world map. It looks like a somewhat odd round patch of it if i remember right. She's a random encounter in it :)

D

Deleted member

hey everyone I have outsider information, so listen closely
apparently Dolly Dalmatian is coming to Smash with her 100 echoes
Dylan, Dawkins, Doug, Delilah, Destiny, Dallas, Déjà Vu, Dante, DJ, Deepak, Diesel, Dorothy Da Vinci, Delgado, Dizzy, Dee Dee, Desmond, Delphie, Dafydd, Dinlo, Donburi, Declan, Diana, Ditto, Denzel, Dapple, Domino, Darby, Darcy, Dandy, Donut, Dodger, Dara, Demi, Dimple, Denim, Dean, Daoud, Dingo, Dieter, Dijon, Doreen, Duffy, Dobie, Diamond, Derek, Dusty, Dane, Delta, Dilma, Dominique, Duke, Dechang, Debbie-May, Debbie-Lou, Debbie-Lee, Denver, Devon, Duck, Dimitri 1, Dimitri 2, Dimitri 3, Dutch, Duchess, Drama, Drew, Dinga, Donny, Duncan, Dax, Dibs, Disco, Dixie, Dubaku, Diego, Daphne, Divya, Doris, Dvorak, Dolce Vita, Dalmar, Drake, Dupont, Deneesha, December, Dai-ichi, Donna-Maria, Dionne, Dulcinea, Dalston, Deuce, Daley, Dorset, Desiree, Darius, Damian, Durian, Dani, Dumpling and Dakota.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What do you mean you don't like being strung along for 6 months only for them to announce that they'll string you along for another 6 months?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, do your best ;p 40-50 hours in 20 days isn't impossible. ;)
Dude when a new Bioware game comes out I call off work and do 40hrs in three days.

D

Deleted member

The FighterZ scene in our area has certainly dwindled. I think the game suffers from both a monstrous skill gap in competetive play and a feeling of redundancy with how it's set up as a fighter. The characters don't have enough major differences between them visually the way MvC games do, so outside of hardcore Dragonball fans and people who specifically want to keep playing FighterZ, the fanbase starts to get bored.

I don't think it's dead by any means, but I no longer think a season 3 is going to happen.
I mean, I'm a bit casual when it comes to FGC stuff, but I can definitely understand how the roster itself for FighterZ doesn't have that attraction as games, such as Marvel VS. Capcom, does. With MVC, you got characters like Magneto who has a 8-way directional dash which could set up some crazy ****, or on the casual side, Phoenix Wright, with his whole Investigation Meter. Every character feels like their unique in their own specific way that stands out, but isn't too intrusive.

DBFZ, from what I see, just plays it safe. Visually? Stunning, of course, but gameplay wise, it just feels like what you might expect from a regular DragonBall episode. And while I do get that's the main point and charm, it can get rather tiresome if it's just that over and over without a diversified and unique roster.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
hey everyone I have outsider information, so listen closely
apparently Dolly Dalmatian is coming to Smash with her 100 echoes
Dylan, Dawkins, Doug, Delilah, Destiny, Dallas and Déjà Vu Dante, DJ, Deepak, Diesel, Dorothy Da Vinci, Delgado, Dizzy, Dee Dee, Desmond, Delphie, Dafydd, Dinlo, Donburi, Declan, Diana, Ditto Denzel, Dapple, Domino, Darby Darcy, Dandy, Donut, Dodger, Dara, Demi, Dimple, Denim, Dean, Daoud, Dingo, Dieter, Dijon, Doreen, Duffy, Dobie, Diamond, Derek, Dusty, Dane, Delta, Dilma, Dominique, Duke, Dechang, Debbie-May, Debbie-Lou, Debbie-Lee, Denver, Devon, Duck, Dimitri 1, Dimitri 2, Dimitri 3, Dutch, Duchess, Drama, Drew, Dinga, Donny, Duncan, Dax, Dibs, Disco, Dixie, Dubaku, Diego, Daphne, Divya, Doris, Dvorak, Dolce Vita, Dalmar, Drake, Dupont, Deneesha, December, Dai-ichi, Donna-Maria, Dionne, Dulcinea, Dalston, Deuce, Daley, Dorset, Desiree, Darius, Damian, Durian, Dani, Dumpling and Dakota.
I think you forgot Darmani, Darunia and Daruk

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just make sure to get yuffie. She's in a patch of forest on the world map. It looks like a somewhat odd round patch of it if i remember right. She's a random encounter in it :)
Dude when a new Bioware game comes out I call off work and do 40hrs in three days.
Yeah probably can afford to take your time and enjoy the journey.
There's some cool stuff near the end, like special places and bosses. Sometimes what I do is just make multiple save slots and one of them i go to the last dungeon to beat it early, but make sure to have one so that i can do all the extra stuff and Then face the last place to see how overpowered i am compared to the earlier challenge :p

D

Deleted member

I do think a lot of DBFZ's initial appeal came from it going "Hey, are you disappointed in MVCI? Well we've got tag team mechanics with stunning visuals and iconic characters too!" The mechanics are certainly really solid and it's a good game, but I think after that initial hype wore off, people were able to look past it and became more critical of the game, and I think a lot of people just became bored with it. At least that's what I think.

D

Deleted member

I do think a lot of DBFZ's initial appeal came from it going "Hey, are you disappointed in MVCI? Well we've got tag team mechanics with stunning visuals and iconic characters too!" The mechanics are certainly really solid and it's a good game, but I think after that initial hype wore off, people were able to look past it and became more critical of the game, and I think a lot of people just became bored with it. At least that's what I think.
Maybe if they stopped adding Gokus, I'd be more interested.

No seriously, the cast is my biggest issue with the game. Is that superficial? Yes. Does it matter? If I don't watch the show anymore, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom