• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
"What you pursue will be yours, but you will lose something dear."

OKAY, HOLD UP, THIS ACTUALLY GOT ME. WHAT THE ****, CAIT SITH CONFIRMED MURDERER ALL ALONG.

View attachment 203786
Pretty sure he's referencing Aerith's coming death.

...Somehow.

Fortune Telling always works, guys.

Regarding your party set-up, I actually think I use the same party you do (Cloud-Tifa-Barret) until I get Vincent and I immediately ditch Barret for the cool Vampire dude.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No, no, no...

KH Villains don't murder people. They just spread DARKNESS.
Not the murdering but the finding/obtaining whatever it is you seek will cause you to lose.

D

Deleted member

Late night pointless poll!
Sonic Generations vs. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Or

Mario Odyssey vs. Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Which do you prefer? Leave a comment below and beyond!
Generations is fantastic but N. Sane Trilogy has more polish. ...However, I have only played the beginning parts of N. Sane Trilogy and have finished Generations, so I'll have to give it to Generations for that alone.

Mario, no question. Spyro seems neato and I'd play a PC port in a heartbeat, but Mario Odyssey is my #1 favorite game of all time. It's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No, no, no...

KH Villains don't murder people. They just spread DARKNESS.
So they send them to the Shadow Realm?

Because if that's the case, that's a fate worse than death.
a emote.png

D

Deleted member

Alright, so in the past 5 or so minutes, I spent 3000 Gil for one pass to the Gold Saucer, met up with Cait Sith, who I'm just gonna call Quina but Garfielf, and came across people shot dead because of possibly Barret, then sent to prison.

Man, I dunno how this game does it, but I'm sticking along for the ride. Genuinely throwing some small curveballs now.

D

Deleted member

Or

Havent played neither Crash nor Spyro, maybe I'll pick both later. From Generations and Odyssey I would pick Odyssey.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Basically "cryptic bull****".
I mean, Chain of Memories, "To remember is to forget" became very literal in universe.

Or the Organisation straight up telling Sora by using the keyblade to help people, he's helping them.

As much as the villains like to **** with Sora, they're very upfront about how they have been doing so.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so in the past 5 or so minutes, I spent 3000 Gil for one pass to the Gold Saucer, met up with Cait Sith, who I'm just gonna call Quina but Garfielf, and came across people shot dead because of possibly Barret, then sent to prison.

Man, I dunno how this game does it, but I'm sticking along for the ride. Genuinely throwing some small curveballs now.
Its quite interesting, since there's a few twists here and there that arent that well known.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I often forget that the prison bit happens.
Its quite interesting, since there's a few twists here and there that arent that well known.
Like [redacted] and [data expunged] and how [no]!

Noipoi

Howdy!
While you were gone, Poinoi did some horrible, terrible things.

It bares not repeating, it was so vile and evil!

Also I got a Discord account.
Yeah well I kicked his ass back to the basement.

He probably won’t show up again, at least for another year.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I need to take a break for the night
I'm at chapter five at the titan weapon defense boss and keep dying because i'm trying to autopilot everything cause im sleepy.

zzzz

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah well I kicked his *** back to the basement.

He probably won’t show up again, at least for another year.
Wait, I think I can hear something...

"YOU CAN'T HOLD ME HERE FOREVER NOIPOI!"

D

Deleted member

Nevermore have I felt such vitriol towards people I don’t know. I’m about to pop a vein.
My God have I been able to say the same thing these past two weeks, that’s why I don’t like to hang out on this site anymore. I’m sorry about your situation, I really hope things improve for you.

D

Deleted member

"Eleanor is all alone... Gotta send Marlene over to her."

...Alright.

Y'know, there are times where any game will make me feel something I've never felt, be it RPGs, platformers or otherwise.

Meeting Dyne and that line, however? Genuinely ****ing disgusting. Don't get me wrong, the delivery is REALLY GOOD AND THE WRITING TOO, but ****, that actually was good, to get me to feel like that.

disgusted scott.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Eleanor is all alone... Gotta send Marlene over to her."

...Alright.

Y'know, there are times where any game will make me feel something I've never felt, be it RPGs, platformers or otherwise.

Meeting Dyne and that line, however? Genuinely ****ing disgusting. Don't get me wrong, the delivery is REALLY GOOD AND THE WRITING TOO, but ****, that actually was good, to get me to feel like that.

View attachment 203788
It took me a minute to remember the context of what that line refers to and... yeah.

Jesus.

D

Deleted member

So, that whole part with Dyne and Barret. All I can say is that genuinely, that was powerful.

Now I'm starting to get to the parts where people say this game is really good, cause **** man. That definitely is a classic I won't forget.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So, that whole part with Dyne and Barret. All I can say is that genuinely, that was powerful.

Now I'm starting to get to the parts where people say this game is really good, cause **** man. That definitely is a classic I won't forget.
You're making me really excited to get to that point. I'm finishing up the Shinra Building arc so I still have a little ways to go, but I'm looking forward to getting out of Midgar so I can get into the character building arcs.

Or

I haven't played Generations or Crash yet, so I won't speak for that (I hope to change the latter very soon though).

Spyro vs. Odyssey is a tough one for me. I love the remakes of Spyro 1 and 2, but 3 despite my nostalgia for it does have glaring issues in its design that makes it less fluid to play. Odyssey is more consistent throughout and I can't remember any glaring flaws in its design, but it took until the later levels for me to really get into it. So if I had to choose one I'd go Spyro since in the end I enjoyed the first two games enough that it puts the package above Odyssey.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So anyone remember how I said that I was going to go to my first weekly today? Well, I planned on getting there early but one thing happened after another and uh, I barely missed registration. Yeah.

This is my first week living totally independent in the city, so I'm still learning how to navigate around these parts. I lived in Phoenix before but I was just a little kid back then.

There's always next week though.

Edit: The really ironic thing is that had I chosen not to shower before leaving home, I probably would have just barely made it in time, so next time I just won't shower. /s

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
https://p5s.jp/

Another new P5 project has been confirmed to have information coming this month.

KMDP

Smash Legend

The thing about that part is that that's a kind of situation that you would rarely see in a TV DRAMA, let alone an RPG from 1997.
Marlene is Barret's adopted daughter, Dyne is Marlene's biological father, Dyne expresses his intention to kill Marlene (and then, presumably himself) so that Marlene and her (dead) mother can be "together".

****. That's not really something that hits you when you're younger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom