• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Mm, Persona 5 S huh?

Hmmmmmmm

I wonder what S could stand for?

Y'know, there was another company that's releasing an exclusive version of a game with an added S to the title... and it's exclusive to a console that STARTS with an S

Suspicious.
What if Jane's codename is...

Spade

BECAUSE SHE'S THE ACE IN THE HOLE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that I'm thinking about it what is the meaning of Bias? I know it's a way of looking at something but what is bias?

Are you considered Biased when you want something really, really badly so you fight for it but you practically know it won't happen and you acknowledge that?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Now that I'm thinking about it what is the meaning of Bias? I know it's a way of looking at something but what is bias?

Are you considered Biased when you want something really, really badly so you fight for it but you practically know it won't happen and you acknowledge that?
Yes. Even if you tell yourself "I know this won't happen, I won't hype myself up for it", if you want it to happen, you will still subconsciously be looking for reasons to say it could happen. And even if you don't mean to, those reasons will still find their way into your argument, thus creating bias.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

No. Bias is defined as "prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair."

One is biased when they let their biases, or prejudices, influence how they act or what they say.

If you can acknowledge your bias and push it aside then you are not biased. Otherwise, yes, you would be considered biased.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
C'mon guys the "S" clearly stands for:

SPARTA

[Badly compressed music remix from 2008 plays]

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You guys, clearly the S in Persona 5 S stands for Persona 5 Smashboards!

The real Persona 5 actually was the friends we made along the way!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Likely. You might claim you are unbiased but too much emotion generally goes well with clouded objective judgement.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with being a bit biased (to a reasonable extend). Humans don't make decisions solely based on profit and loss account. You need your emotions to make decisions.

In short, yes, you are still biased but acknowledging it is a good thing.

D

Deleted member

Unrelated, but I got caught up on the whole Kemono Friends 2 thing, and especially it's last episode.

How ****ing cathartic is it that the biggest anime of 2017 and was gonna be a complete game-changer for anime as a whole was turned into a complete dumpster-fire and completely disrespects the franchise and it's fans. This actually is the definition of "gross".

I'm legitimately surprised at how top to bottom ****ing brain-dead Kadokawa is. They make Kantai Collection to try and kill off Touhou Project, which almost did, but then died off due to bootleg competitors, and then went off to make this, while firing the original creator and team behind the Kemono Project.

I had to get that off my chest. Anime sucks. Gimme PSG season 2. Ugh.

D

Deleted member

Yes. Even if you tell yourself "I know this won't happen, I won't hype myself up for it", if you want it to happen, you will still subconsciously be looking for reasons to say it could happen. And even if you don't mean to, those reasons will still find their way into your argument, thus creating bias.
No. Bias is defined as "prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair."

One is biased when they let their biases, or prejudices, influence how they act or what they say.

If you can acknowledge your bias and push it aside then you are not biased. Otherwise, yes, you would be considered biased.
Oh man pushing aside Bias sounds hard. Before I make another Speculation Piece I want to learn to push aside my bias towards Geno or other Characters as it's not good to have Biases when you want to be taken seriously but it sounds kind of difficult.

In-Fact I myself acknowledge that I am biased towards Geno which is why I'm considering reworking my first Speculation Piece before I continue but first I would need to get rid of that Bias.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyway, that leaves Persona 5 M and Persona 5 B for trademarked Persona 5 titles that haven't been announced yet-

on top of the oft rumored "Persona 5 Ultimax" fighting game developed by Arc Sys.
Persona 5 Mates Conquest and Persona 5 Bates Birthright.

Gotta buy both to experience the full watered down experience.

D

Deleted member

Can I shoehorn a "go watch Mob Psycho 100" here?
I dunno, I'm more of a Osomatsu-san/Pop Team Epic type of guy.

Actually, where the **** is Nichijou season 2?

See, this world is cruel, man.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The S actually stands for Salt, because I'm going to ****ing die before Atlus remembers they have any other games.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 5 Mates Conquest and Persona 5 Bates Birthright.

Gotta buy both to experience the full watered down experience.
Thankfully, ATLUS would never do something like t-*Persona 3 Portable and Persona 3 FES*

...well, they're not watered down, at least.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Mm, Persona 5 S huh?

Hmmmmmmm

Y'know, there was another company that's releasing an exclusive version of a game with an added S to the title... and it's exclusive to a console that STARTS with an S

Suspicious.
Guys whoa, guys, hold up. Chill the **** out for a second. I think I solved this Sphinx
S.png

D

Deleted member

Mm, Persona 5 S huh?

Hmmmmmmm

Suspicious.
Is Sigma the equivalent of S? I want to believe

(I know its a stupid theory, but let me dream)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

> be me
> come across Kemono Friends' death
> gets sad and angry
> DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon brings up Dinkster aside from a bomb ass post
> slowly feeling better

Guess this world ain't that bad with the memes, after all.

yeah haha... uh, no.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
The S actually stands for Salt, because I'm going to ****ing die before Atlus remembers they have any other games.
"We just got Catherine" is not the answer that'll make you less salty, is it?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"We just got Catherine" is not the answer that'll make you less salty, is it?
No, because it's another Atlus style "Remake with new girl and alternate path" updated port of an eight year old game.

Not to mention EON which is just 50% asset reuse.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Frankly mate, I dont appreciate the effort as a lot of this stuff is riddled with bad arguments, bad info and poor examples.

-Jack Frost wasn't the character that was considered by the dataminers, there was another Jack being considered. Jack The Ripper from MGS aka Raiden. Jack Frost only relation to Jack so far is that he is rumored to be part of Joker's moveset.

-If you wanted to use arguments for other characters that can be considered brave, why the hell did you moved from a Bravely default character to ****ing Geno or Sans. The examples you gave with them are ****ing stretches.

-You're giving your own interpretation to info from Tansut. He only said he will not be revealed soon back on December, dunno how long is not soon by Tansut standards.

-You're comparing characters from different companies when explaining why its impossible for Erdrick to have alts by your logic since Pac-Man has one character, one stage, two songs and four spirits. Pac-man apart from the 3 songs he has, there are a lot of Namco music tracks included from classic Namco series in addition to his like Mappy and Galaga. Pac-man also had a 2nd stage that was removed for implementation issues. Both Bayo and Cloud have alts so that doesn't make Erdrick unlikely to have them.

-Leaker-wise you're making your own suppositions facts. Tansut reliability comes from apparently having actual ties with SE as he predicted Cloud, gave the release date of Cloud and also called the Grinch leak a hoax. While his prediction is not guaranteed and you can have doubts about it, rejecting it 100% is premature given that we don't have any reasons to doubt when his track record is going well.

-Can you show me the ballot results that show what is appealing? Probably not, and the only way to go is by the online polls which are frankly unreliable as hell given Sakurai comments regarding how votes were taken and the positioning of characters. Since the reveal of K. Rool, there seems to be a sentiment from the fanbase that the polls are 100% correct. Plus Erdrick is only expected since the leaks.

-One stage is the common from third parties and DLC. The summons from Midgar are still there, and there are no Mii costumes from third parties. Do your research well or don't do it.

-You know very well that pretty much the rest of your argument is pretty much how Geno fits the stats and that how everything is supposed to be an indication that Geno is coming when you should be focusing in the possibility of the character to not be a Erdrick as you're just making a theory based on stretches and references that most likely were planned? (plus I could make an argument that the only reason why there's Geno and Mallow spirits is because they came with Cloud) Also, it doesn't take into consideration that a lot of stats are changed and don't necessarily reflect the characters 100%. Mewtwo is supposed to be heavy in the Pokemon games but here it's quite light, plus Piranha Plant stats were changed from the discovery of its files to release from being the 2nd slowest character to medium speed and that it became heavyweight just when it was released.

-If you're assuming this info was leakbait, wouldn't that make Geno's info a leakbait? This argument is again reaching, plus nobody would have seen Erdrick coming if not for the leakers. Pretty much this just becomes a conspiracy theory, it's even sillier since you end up giving up on this immediately afterwards which makes it pointless.

Finally, I'm leaning on Erdrick as very likely just like pretty much every other Erdrick fan. I doubt most of the fans are putting the 100% on him, and frankly your argument would have been better if it wasn't co-written by a pretty much biased Genofan and you actually done your research or your writing wasn't this poor. Seriously this made me facepalm a couple of times.
I didn't highlight this post earlier, but I have to say:

@ryumo, there's no one else I'd rather delete my account with.
@Bolderousness you're great too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I didn't highlight this post earlier, but I have to say:

@ryumo, there's no one else I'd rather delete my account with.
@Bolderousness you're great too.
Your post and ryumo's were much better than the one I made shooting down that essay. I could learn from you two.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh man pushing aside Bias sounds hard. Before I make another Speculation Piece I want to learn to push aside my bias towards Geno or other Characters as it's not good to have Biases when you want to be taken seriously but it sounds kind of difficult.

In-Fact I myself acknowledge that I am biased towards Geno which is why I'm considering reworking my first Speculation Piece before I continue but first I would need to get rid of that Bias.
You can't put aside bias.

Every action you take and every thought you have is a result of some form of bias. From the type of home you grew up in to your taught family values. From the entertainment you enjoy to the entertainment you've been exposed to. You look at life through your own personal lens and, while you can take up a profession that requires you to be impartial and learn to separate your work and personal lives, the very way you see things is a result of your own biases.

It's not necessarily negative. Just something to keep in mind when looking at these things. I never would have guessed Joker, not in a million tries. You know why? I don't play Persona. I didn't even know his name was Joker. I only found out through this forum that SMT and Persona aren't the exact same thing.

Why can't I guess the whole fighters pass? Because not the whole fighters pass will cater to my tastes. Smash fans would do well to remember that.

D

Deleted member

Every action you take and every thought you have is a result of some form of bias. From the type of home you grew up in to your taught family values. From the entertainment you enjoy to the entertainment you've been exposed to. You look at life through your own personal lens and, while you can take up a profession that requires you to be impartial and learn to separate your work and personal lives, the very way you see things is a result of your own biases.

It's not necessarily negative. Just something to keep in mind when looking at these things. I never would have guessed Joker, not in a million tries. You know why? I don't play Persona. I didn't even know his name was Joker. I only found out through this forum that SMT and Persona aren't the exact same thing.

Why can't I guess the whole fighters pass? Because not the whole fighters pass will cater to my tastes. Smash fans would do well to remember that.
So if I made a Speculation Piece it's more about not letting my Bias cloud my judgement rather than pushing it aside completely? I think that would be easier to understand and do, I hope I can learn to do that.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just hope when Shin Megami Tensei V does finally release it gets the boost and attention Persona 4 and 5 got. IV, and IV: Apocalypse especially, released with 0 fanfare and that's pretty disappointing.

Also, secretly hoping we get a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as well because dammit that's like the only Wii U game I missed and it's the ONE game that's not getting ported. ****!

I'm sure all of this will happen AFTER Persona 5 Switch... because reasons.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So if I made a Speculation Piece it's more about not letting my Bias cloud my judgement rather than pushing it aside completely? I think that would be easier to understand and do, I hope I can learn to do that.
Exactly.

When I make predictions here, I'm working with what I know and try not to plug in what I want unless it lines up with what I know. For example.

- I push a RE character both because it's a likely contender for a third party candidate due to its cemented spot as Capcom's far-and-away best seller and because it's my favorite franchise.
- I push Jill because I want her, but acknowledge that Leon might actually have more of a chance if a RE character gets in due to a multitude of reasons.
- I do not push Midna because she's an AT and all evidence points to ATs not being made fighters in the same game.
- I do not push Hawke because DAII flopped, she was replaced in DAI and there is positively, 100% no chance she gets into a Nintendo all-stars fighter.

It's about keeping perspective and only getting really invested in the things you want when they have some ****ing chance.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yep. I really want Dixie Kong in Smash, but I wouldn't say her chances of being DLC is high, because they aren't. I'm not interested in Banjo-Kazooie at all, but I can safely say they have a high enough chance to get into Fighter Pass.

I just hope when Shin Megami Tensei V does finally release it gets the boost and attention Persona 4 and 5 got. IV, and IV: Apocalypse especially, released with 0 fanfare and that's pretty disappointing.

Also, secretly hoping we get a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as well because dammit that's like the only Wii U game I missed and it's the ONE game that's not getting ported. ****!

I'm sure all of this will happen AFTER Persona 5 Switch... because reasons.
ATLUS isn't good at promoting Megami Tensei at all in general. Maybe return to home consoles will fix that.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

That's pretty much the truth of it, as much as we hate to admit it, our bias do sometimes color how we perceive and analyze things. We can do our best to recognize those bias and adjust to them, but even then there will be cases where we slip and fall into the traps that our personal experiences and wants have molded us into seeing.

A good example of that is Smash rumors. When a character that someone wants is on a rumor that looks plausible, then you're more then likely to give it the time of day since you want it to be true, whereas if there's a rumor with a character you don't know or care for then you're more likely to dismiss it. That's partially why rumors like the ChaosZero Leak, Ninka/Vaanrose leak and Box Theory tended to be unpopular despite the amount of evidence going for them. They not only had characters that people didn't want or expect, but also marked the end of the base roster's additions, which meant that the characters fans wanted would've missed the boat if they turned out to be true, thus it was common to see a lot of dismissal of their supportive points just so that they can prove it wrong and thus leave the door open for those characters. By contrast, we had the Tower of Smash leak, which only had, IIRC, one major point in its favor, but due to the fact that it had popular characters on it that was enough to get a good amount of support for it without much resistance. If the situations flipped and you had popular characters on the ChaosZero leak while there were unpopular characters on the Tower of Smash one, the former would've been easier for many to swallow whereas the Tower of Smash leak would've been quickly dismissed once the evidence against it piled up.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Frankly mate, I dont appreciate the effort as a lot of this stuff is riddled with bad arguments, bad info and poor examples.

-Jack Frost wasn't the character that was considered by the dataminers, there was another Jack being considered. Jack The Ripper from MGS aka Raiden. Jack Frost only relation to Jack so far is that he is rumored to be part of Joker's moveset.

-If you wanted to use arguments for other characters that can be considered brave, why the hell did you moved from a Bravely default character to ****ing Geno or Sans. The examples you gave with them are ****ing stretches.

-You're giving your own interpretation to info from Tansut. He only said he will not be revealed soon back on December, dunno how long is not soon by Tansut standards.

-You're comparing characters from different companies when explaining why its impossible for Erdrick to have alts by your logic since Pac-Man has one character, one stage, two songs and four spirits. Pac-man apart from the 3 songs he has, there are a lot of Namco music tracks included from classic Namco series in addition to his like Mappy and Galaga. Pac-man also had a 2nd stage that was removed for implementation issues. Both Bayo and Cloud have alts so that doesn't make Erdrick unlikely to have them.

-Leaker-wise you're making your own suppositions facts. Tansut reliability comes from apparently having actual ties with SE as he predicted Cloud, gave the release date of Cloud and also called the Grinch leak a hoax. While his prediction is not guaranteed and you can have doubts about it, rejecting it 100% is premature given that we don't have any reasons to doubt when his track record is going well.

-Can you show me the ballot results that show what is appealing? Probably not, and the only way to go is by the online polls which are frankly unreliable as hell given Sakurai comments regarding how votes were taken and the positioning of characters. Since the reveal of K. Rool, there seems to be a sentiment from the fanbase that the polls are 100% correct. Plus Erdrick is only expected since the leaks.

-One stage is the common from third parties and DLC. The summons from Midgar are still there, and there are no Mii costumes from third parties. Do your research well or don't do it.

-You know very well that pretty much the rest of your argument is pretty much how Geno fits the stats and that how everything is supposed to be an indication that Geno is coming when you should be focusing in the possibility of the character to not be a Erdrick as you're just making a theory based on stretches and references that most likely were planned? (plus I could make an argument that the only reason why there's Geno and Mallow spirits is because they came with Cloud) Also, it doesn't take into consideration that a lot of stats are changed and don't necessarily reflect the characters 100%. Mewtwo is supposed to be heavy in the Pokemon games but here it's quite light, plus Piranha Plant stats were changed from the discovery of its files to release from being the 2nd slowest character to medium speed and that it became heavyweight just when it was released.

-If you're assuming this info was leakbait, wouldn't that make Geno's info a leakbait? This argument is again reaching, plus nobody would have seen Erdrick coming if not for the leakers. Pretty much this just becomes a conspiracy theory, it's even sillier since you end up giving up on this immediately afterwards which makes it pointless.

Finally, I'm leaning on Erdrick as very likely just like pretty much every other Erdrick fan. I doubt most of the fans are putting the 100% on him, and frankly your argument would have been better if it wasn't co-written by a pretty much biased Genofan and you actually done your research or your writing wasn't this poor. Seriously this made me facepalm a couple of times.

I'm not even going to kid with you. This argument is pathetic. Especially for all the hype you gave it.

Let's tear this apart.
  • Codename Brave
    • You're basically just speculating on what "Brave" could be. You fail to refute the claim that Erdrick could be Brave and claim that "Brave can be other names you guys!" In doing this, you accomplish nothing.
      • Of course we know Brave can be other names. However, the association between "Brave" and "Yuusha," the class of Erdrick/Dragon Quest Heroes, is one of the strongest connections.
      • When referring to the stats you're literally just going off of your own interpretation. There is no evidence other than your speculation. You literally use the phrase "I think." Do you think, or do you know what these stats mean? Do you even care?
      • In providing alternatives I'm surprised you failed to mention Yuri Lowell since he is the leader of "Brave Vesperia," and is the next closest codename association. Something like "Brave" being a Bravely Default character isn't out of the question, but it seems too obvious. The rest of your "parallels" are superfluous filler to prove a point you've already made.
  • Leaking
    • I can't take this section seriously between all the false information and lazy argumentation.
      • Leakers haven't really been "zigzag"-ing with Erdrick. It's been the consensus for quite some time now. Similar to Incineroar and Ken before they were revealed.
      • This is just a reminder that Tansut said "I wouldn't expect a (DQ) reveal soon" 3 months ago. That's plenty of time for them to develop Erdrick, especially since Joker's gone from not having anything to being completely playable in ~4 months.
      • You didn't even quote Tansut correctly either. Don't use quotation marks if you're not quoting a statement.
      • Did you actually just take parts of @ShotoStar's argument? Like, actually. I went over most of these points with him personally and refuted them.
        • You know that Plagiarism is illegal, right? Even if @ShotoStar gave you permission you should've mentioned the ideas came from him. This genuinely makes me disappointed.
      • Regardless, comparing Bandai Namco to Square Enix is comparing apples to oranges given that they're two completely different companies. Of course Namco's going to be more restrictive with their golden boy. It doesn't mean anything for Erdrick's inclusion.
        • False. See Gematsu, Ninka/Vaanrose, ChaosZero, NyaseNya, ShadowXOR, ESRB, Vergeben, the Ken Leak, and the Piranha Plant DLC Leak
        • Furthermore, asking the reader these questions is lazy. It's your job to convince us, not the reader's.
      • Once again, you compare apples to oranges by comparing Erdrick to Steve. Steve only ever had Vergeben and Hitagi for him. Erdrick has not just Vergeben, but also Polar, Tansut, Ryce, and a living 5chan leak among others going for him. There's a difference.
        • Also since when did Polar's source say we'd get "two fan favorites?" Polar hasn't claimed anything like that to my knowledge.
          • Also, is this an argument for Geno? Because it kinda reads like one.
            • You actually plagiarized part of @ShotoStar's argument for this section.
      • Vergeben's LoZ debacle comes down to Verge trusting a faulty source at the last second. He knew about the remake and teased it two weeks prior to the direct, only saying it wouldn't be the remake a literal day before. Leakers are people, they make mistakes.
  • Marketing and Fanservice
    • I feel like I'm back in the Square Enix thread fending off rabid Geno fans reading this. Not only have your arguments have already been refuted before you even posted, but you refute your own arguments.
      • You argue that Erdrick doesn't fit supposed selection criteria of "promotion, fanservice, ballots, joke characters, and personal choice," when it's easy to see how he'd fit 4 out of those 5
        • Promotion for Dragon Quest XI S in Japan and the Dragon Quest series as a whole in the West
        • Fanservice to long time fans of the series and people knowledgable about Dragon Quest (core JRPG fans)
        • Did you say Ballots? What do you mean? You don't mean to tell me you think Sakurai and his team actually look at fan polls, do you?
        • Given Dragon Quest's mass popularity in Japan and decent popularity in the West, it's not unreasonable to think that Dragon Quest performed better on the official Ballot than we think it did. Remember, Castlevania (and Simon) sneaked past us, and it's possible that Dragon Quest (and Erdrick) did the same
        • Sakurai himself is a fan of Dragon Quest, so I believe Erdrick would have Sakurai bias on his side as well.
      • What's even your argument? You're saying that Erdrick is unlikely because he seems likely? Did you not recognize the obvious contradiction in this?
        • Furthermore, there is no correlation between how "likely" a character is perceived to be and how likely they actually are.
      • I don't understand why you keep bringing up other characters. You're arguing why Erdrick is unlikely, not why x character is likely. By using other characters to make Erdrick seem unlikely, you really make it seem more that you just don't like Erdrick because he'd get in over your favorite.
      • >Taking marketing statements seriously
      • >Thinking that leaks make characters less unexpected in the eyes of Nintendo
        • View attachment 203797
        • You do realize a majority of Smash players aren't aware of leaks unless they get really big, right?
          • Especially the Japanese, whose knowledge about leaks spreads around niche communities on chan sites.
  • Complications
    • Oh boy, I love me the "stingy Square Enix" argument. If I had a dollar for every time someone on this site made that claim I'd have at least enough to buy myself a copy of Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition releasing Fall 2019 for the Nintendo Switch.
      • We don't know why Cloud came with so little. For all we know it could've been that the budget for DLC characters was running low when Cloud began development (which it was) and they weren't able to get much considering how Square Enix independently contracts their artists and composers for each game (which is the opposite of stingy) and how they had to split funds between Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta, and when it came time for Ultimate, Sakurai and co. decided not to re-open negotiations considering they already had what was important, that being Cloud.
      • Again, this reads more like an argument for Geno. Between this and @ShotoStar's piece on the same topic he actually manages to come off as less biased. How do you be more biased than the guy who says he's biased in his own post?
        • View attachment 203801
        • View attachment 203803
        • Literally what? Where's your evidence for this? How do you know Geno would please more people worldwide? How do you know Nintendo is going for all picks with worldwide appeal?
        • As much as Geno fans don't want to admit it, Geno is a niche pick to appeal to the core fanbase. He appeals to very little outside of that. Erdrick would draw in a much larger casual crowd within the Japanese market, and that is not to be underestimated.
  • "You'll Never See It Coming"
    • Cliche name aside, this section accomplishes little.
      • Again, leakers make mistakes. It is a blow to Verge that he failed to predict Joker first, but everyone was predicted a Square Enix rep at The Game Awards.
      • Did you actually link to some sources? Consider me impressed. Maybe if you'd done that for the rest of your essay it'd have been better.
      • Additionally, the point about leakbait is valid. Or at least, it would be valid if so many people with different sources hadn't all heard about Erdrick. It seems you, and most people here, don't really understand how leakbait works. Leakbait is never just a blanket misinformation campaign. It is targeted towards specific groups to prevent or discredit leaked information. The Square Enix list is leakbait. Erdrick being heard by multiple people is not.
      • You do know the saying is, "save the best for last" and not the worst, right? Why would Nintendo order Sakurai and co. to insert false data into the game for dataminers to find? That's just a hassle for the developers. Furthermore, why would Brave's data be leakbait and not Jack's, who was added shortly before Brave? The idea of Brave's data being leakbait is as asinine as this argument.

You've got a lot of work to do if you want to write good speculation pieces.
@ShinyLegendary

While I am still weary on Erdrick's chances overall (still 50/50):

I gotta side with these 2 on this one.

This essay has a lot of flaws behind it and even as a skeptic myself, I just can't get behind this one.

I would've made my own response, but I'm too lazy. Plus I knew at the very least that tehponycorn and probably someone else (in this case ryumo) would make much better in-depth counterarguments.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Lovin' the new poll.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait.... something else I just realized.

Persona 4 Golden is know as Persona 4 The Golden in Japan. I feel like Persona 5 The Royal will just be called Persona 5 Royal in localizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom