• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fun fact, it's actually possible to get Aerith's Limit Break all the way up to Level 4 (the highest level) before she leaves the party.

She is the only character this is true for.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Man, I wish I had the shock that you guys had about Aerith's death scene, because I most likely would've been shocked by that, had I not been surrounded by memes and the internet. Ah well, lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well gentleman, it's been a ride, but you know what they say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sayonara Reggieboards may you rest in peace, You've been fun. It was a pleasure experiencing this with you all!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Honestly, I can't even remember what half of the people in this thread had as their avatars before Reggieboards.

EDIT: Well that was poorly timed.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Finally, I can get back to drinking my sorrows away.

D

Deleted member

Just because ReggieBoards is over, does not mean Poinoi is gone.

Noipoi Noipoi can you still hear us?

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
THE HACKER HAS RETURNED!

Time to try and take over Cyberspace from Motherboard once again!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
And with the new month out, I may as well continue that fighting game list thing with 12 new members. Those who remember the last one with the spicy new additions may give their inputs. Anything new I should add to the old roster alongside the new characters?

Hell, I might make this a monthly thing (bimonthly if it's popular enough).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
1-ShaqBoards/EmblemBoards
2-ReggieBoards

4-RidleyBoards

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, I can't even remember what half of the people in this thread had as their avatars before Reggieboards.

EDIT: Well that was poorly timed.
Tbh, I forgot I had changed my avatar right before ReggieBoards.

But for once, it's not some anime/Smash girl, so I'll keep it for a little while.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 203755
View attachment 203758
Once again, your argument is based on opinions and circumstantial evidence. Several of your points hold no water, so let us take the time to go through each and every one of them, shall we?
"Codename Brave"

Your argument for this point is that Brave does not match the parameters for someone like Erdrick, and is too generic a term to attribute to any one character, correct? However, let us look at it this way. The character we are specifically talking about when we refer to Erdrick is the protagonist of Dragon Quest III. Said character is of average height and build, equating to about the size of a teenager. With that in mind, I would say it is quite likely for them to have all the stats you have listed. A teenager would certainly be slower than a child (Young Link). Furthermore, the reason we have linked "Brave" to this particular version of Erdrick is because their Japanese name translates to Brave, as you have mentioned. Such a fact cannot be denied.

"Leaking"

Leakers are naturally going to disagree. Not all of them have the same info, and some either have no info at all and simply wish to mislead us, or are being fed lies without even realizing that fact. As such, I agree that we cannot trust most leakers. However, those with clear track records have given their reasons as to why Erdrick will be in Smash. To get into specifics, your assertion that Vergeben getting the Link's Awakening remake wrong means very little in the grand scheme of things. One mistake does not erase the myriad of other things he has gotten right. Ken and Incineroar being the final two characters, Simon and Ridley being in the game, and so forth. While yes, he has not, to my knowledge, named any specific character in his claims of "a Square Enix character is coming", I believe the evidence that points to Erdrick without Vergeben's word is reason enough to assume Erdrick is who he refers to.

"Marketing and Fanservice"

Sakurai had a say in what characters would be added as DLC to Ultimate, yes, but he did not create the list himself. The list of potential characters was bestowed unto him by Nintendo, and he simply chose from who was listed. Furthermore, a character being "unpopular in the West" means nothing. A character being unpopular in any given region means nothing. First off, Smash is developed in Japan, so obviously Sakurai will have his home country's interests in mind first and foremost. Second, characters such as Shulk in Smash 4, Marth and Roy in Melee, and Dark Samus and King K. Rool in Ultimate shows that Sakurai is willing to add characters that will appeal primarily to a single market. Furthermore, I would say Erdrick counts as "unexpected", since, as you have listed, many Westerners do not know of the character. Tell me, would you expect a character you have no knowledge of?

"Complications"

View attachment 203765
All I'll say here is that Square being stingy with one property does not mean they will be completely and utterly adverse to adding another. Cloud's lackluster inclusion has no bearing on Erdrick's chances.

"You'll never see it coming"

Using Joker's reveal as a basis for your argument seems foolish. Furthermore, the idea that Nintendo would add data for an entire character simply to throw off dataminers is even more foolish. You speak of the same company that added Roy and Ryu's data to Smash 4 in an update well before they were supposed to be added, and saw no problem. Clearly, they have not learned from that mistake, and those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. This was simply another unfortunate case of them adding a character to the game's data before they were ready to reveal them, only this time they tried to be coy and put them in under a codename, as if that would help matters at all.

View attachment 203769

In conclusion, your argument relies on second-hand accounts, personal assumptions, and evidence you cannot back up. While I do not think Erdrick is guaranteed, none of your reasons have swayed me in the slightest. I applaud the effort you put into this essay, however.

View attachment 203770

And so, the prosecution rests.
All I can say about this is man, I forgot Franziska was even a character in Ace Attorney. The remastered trilogy is on the eShop, gonna cop that real fast.

She can whip me any day, though.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
All I can say about this is man, I forgot Franziska was even a character in Ace Attorney. The remastered trilogy is on the eShop, gonna cop that real fast.

She can whip me any day, though.
How could you forget her? She's one of my top 3 favorite prosecutors.

Also, yes. Go do that. I would too, if I had money.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I miss my precious Pit icon, but I won't forget Reggie which was actually a good April 1 time for us.

D

Deleted member

Also, yes. Go do that. I would too, if I had money.
I only fully played the first one and vaguely remember the other two, but I only remember her for being "Whip Lady" and that's it, lmao.

Though, Godot? Pssh, that's all you had to do to get me to play jams.

Also why the **** does his have almost 10 million views. I'm tellin' y'all, Phoenix better be on your radars for DLC.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Man, I wish I had the shock that you guys had about Aerith's death scene, because I most likely would've been shocked by that, had I not been surrounded by memes and the internet. Ah well, lol.
Square uses her death in promotional material. At this point I'm certain people are now born into the world knowing she dies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
TFW there are only 5 Prosecutors in the Original Trilogy so being top 3 isn't as high a bar as it sounds like.

Hmm... *counts*

There aren't even 10 Prosecutors in the Main Ace Attorney series yet (not including Lana, Jacques and Sebastian who, while prosecutors, you never actually face in court).

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I only fully played the first one and vaguely remember the other two, but I only remember her for being "Whip Lady" and that's it, lmao.

Though, Godot? Pssh, that's all you had to do to get me to play jams.

Also why the **** does his have almost 10 million views. I'm tellin' y'all, Phoenix better be on your radars for DLC.

Already on my radar. Im praying for Phoenix in Smash

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
TFW there are only 5 Prosecutors in the Original Trilogy so being top 3 isn't as high a bar as it sounds like.

Hmm... *counts*

There aren't even 10 Prosecutors in the Main Ace Attorney series yet (not including Lana, Jacques and Sebastian who, while prosecutors, you never actually face in court).
Well in that case, let's rank 'em all.

1. Miles Edgeworth (i'm a basic ***** sue me)
2. Franziska von Karma
3. Barok van Zieks (thanks to the fan translation i've actually played DGS)
4. Godot
5. Nahyuta Sahdmadhi
6. Simon Blackquill
7. Klavier Gavin
8. Manfred von Karma
9. Winston Payne
10. Gaspen Payne

So there are ten. (not counting a spoiler prosecutor i will not list here)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom