• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How do you all watch stuff like Sailor Moon, MHA, Dragon Ball Z, Kamen Rider and Jojo?
Crunchyroll?

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Pyra Pyra
@ShotoStar

Here we go.
LynHeads.JPG
I drew the same picture of Lyn twice, the first time using long, mostly singular lines, the second time using short lines (though in the second one I forgot a couple of details on the right eye... eh... it's a quick draw on a piece of crumpled up scrap paper...)

I'm not going to say anything more or ask any leading questions, I'll let you make your own judgements.

D

Deleted member

Pyra Pyra
@ShotoStar

Here we go.
I drew the same picture of Lyn twice, the first time using long, mostly singular lines, the second time using short lines (though in the second one I forgot a couple of details on the right eye... eh... it's a quick draw on a piece of crumpled up scrap paper...)

I'm not going to say anything more or ask any leading questions, I'll let you make your own judgements.
Looks super fresh! I love it!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pyra Pyra
@ShotoStar

Here we go.

Not gonna lie buddy, the top one still looks pretty good.
Mostly just because for me, it’s hard to get the head shape down without guides still, and also hair shape is currently difficult for me to grasp- I’ve brought it up to people before, but everyone keeps saying “seriously? Hair is my favorite part!” Lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pyra Pyra
@ShotoStar

Here we go.

Good choice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ever since the Joker render leak there's been videos of supposed leaks of directs and next DLC character.

Joy this is gonna be fun if the next Direct is on the 24th...

One of those DLC characters was Glover. LMAO.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pyra Pyra
@ShotoStar

Here we go.

Short lines are pretty useful imo.
They give a sense of volume to stuff like hair and eylashes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie buddy, the top one still looks pretty good.
Mostly just because for me, it’s hard to get the head shape down without guides still, and also hair shape is currently difficult for me to grasp- I’ve brought it up to people before, but everyone keeps saying “seriously? Hair is my favorite part!” Lol
Even if the top one looks good, I still didn't feel comfortable drawing it, it felt like my hand was dragging and slow. Though that's probably because I don't draw like that very often. Even though the two pictures probably took the same amount of time both times, the second one felt faster and way more natural to me.

Regarding your art, the thing I noticed about your picture of Pyra is that her head was a little thin.

Though that can be a stylistic choice, you should see the heads my sister draws.
Good choice.
:b:
Short lines are pretty useful imo.
They give a sense of volume to stuff like hair and eylashes.
Like I said to TB, I feel like I have a lot more control with many short lines over one big one (most of the time I'm sketching in pencil, so the drawing looking scratchy is irrelevant, if I wanted to I could line the drawing with a lining pen and all that scratchiness would go away).

Regarding drawing other things, I'm feeling better now (I was in no state to draw anything yesterday, or the day before... or even a few hours ago really).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meta Knight is so mediocre in Ultimate.
Easily the worse they have ever been.

D

Deleted member

Pyra Pyra
@ShotoStar

Here we go.

I find the Second picture way more appealing though I have a hard time with hair and stuff, I can do faces decently but hair is pretty hard for me to do. I see that I have a whole lot of room to improve.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Meta Knight is so mediocre in Ultimate.
Easily the worse they have ever been.
I thought he was improved from Smash 4?

Either way, he's one of the characters in the game I can just never do well with. His special moves just don't work the way I expect them to or something, except for his Up-B. Whenever I pick him, I get rocked.

In contrast to Yoshi, who's a character that I just magically kick ass with.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Even if the top one looks good, I still didn't feel comfortable drawing it, it felt like my hand was dragging and slow. Though that's probably because I don't draw like that very often. Even though the two pictures probably took the same amount of time both times, the second one felt faster and way more natural to me.

Regarding your art, the thing I noticed about your picture of Pyra is that her head was a little thin.

Though that can be a stylistic choice, you should see the heads my sister draws.

:b:

Like I said to TB, I feel like I have a lot more control with many short lines over one big one (most of the time I'm sketching in pencil, so the drawing looking scratchy is irrelevant, if I wanted to I could line the drawing with a lining pen and all that scratchiness would go away).

Regarding drawing other things, I'm feeling better now (I was in no state to draw anything yesterday, or the day before... or even a few hours ago really).
Good advice- thanks! Yeah, I noticed her head was slightly the wrong shape. When comparing the two I was like... huh... oops
you leave pandoria alone

she's trying her hardest

anyways when she's not screaming imo she's fine
Yeah I agree, but i mean
she screams a lot so far

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Either way, he's one of the characters in the game I can just never do well with. His special moves just don't work the way I expect them to or something, except for his Up-B. Whenever I pick him, I get rocked.

In contrast to Yoshi, who's a character that I just magically kick *** with.
I dunno, for some reason I see way less shuttle loop combos. Did that get cut out? If it did, it's a pretty big hit to his viability.

D

Deleted member

In contrast to Yoshi, who's a character that I just magically kick *** with.
One of Meta Knight's biggest things has been nerfed: His ladder combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom