• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's something that I never got and I don't understand, Why do people add Extra Lines to drawings? Like for example the drawing ToasterBrains drawing did is fantastic but how come people add extra lines to their drawings does it just add depth?

I'm genuinely curious cause I never did that and if it serves a purpose I may as well test that out.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Here's something that I never got and I don't understand, Why do people add Extra Lines to drawings? Like for example the drawing ToasterBrains drawing did is fantastic but how come people add extra lines to their drawings does it just add depth?

I'm genuinely curious cause I never did that and if it serves a purpose I may as well test that out.
Using smaller lines can give you more control, it also makes the lines more visible.
False. Your Nintendo 3DS has been confiscated. Good luck playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf now.
Jokes on you, I've never played any Animal Crossing games.

D

Deleted member

Using smaller lines can give you more control, it also makes the lines more visible.

Jokes on you, I've never played any Animal Crossing games.
What do you mean by Smaller lines give the artist more control? I'm kind of confused.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I just remembered I have a (extremely lame) Youtube Channel.

I should probably upload another gameplay clip or something...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

What KMDP said, but also I’m not really confident and its built off a bad habit of scribbling lines until they look good.

Small lines give more control because they don’t take a lot of movement to make as opposed to lines made using your arm

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Oh also, if you’re talking about the guide lines for the head, it’s just so I could draw the head better because if I don’t use them they look like someone stepped on a potato

D

Deleted member

I still use the Gamecube Controller, but I think I am beginning to prefer using the Switch itself.
You can play while on bed, in the most comfortable position you want!

KMDP

Smash Legend
What do you mean by Smaller lines give the artist more control? I'm kind of confused.
It's a little hard to explain without actually showing you...
What KMDP said, but also I’m not really confident and its built off a bad habit of scribbling lines until they look good.

Small lines give more control because they don’t take a lot of movement to make as opposed to lines made using your arm
Thanks for explaining it better than I could.

I started doing it after watching a British art show for Kids called "Art Attack", where the host used small line strokes to simulate a cat's fur. I started doing it all the time because my art looked better than when I used long lines.

It's the difference between trying to free-hand draw a circle by slowly moving your hand in an attempt to make a circle and drawing a circle by rapidly moving your hand over and over, the latter will look messier, but it will look a lot more like a circle than the former.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also my GameCube controller buzzed out of me, I think I would rather use the Switch itself for now.
I will use the GameCube later off, because I had it since Smash 4 and it came from Japan.

Also R.I.P the arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
hallo Leute, hier ist reggie. bist du bereit, die Lüge groß zu machen, es einfach zu machen, es immer wieder zu sagen und es schließlich zu glauben

D

Deleted member

So it's not to give the drawing more depth or anything? I assumed that was the case cause Drawings like that are way better than mine which use complete lines and all, I should try that out sometime.

Also this may just be me but Your drawings are way better than mine from what I can tell. You should have more confidence in yourself!
Oh also, if you’re talking about the guide lines for the head, it’s just so I could draw the head better because if I don’t use them they look like someone stepped on a potato
I mean like around the drawing the short lines that surround drawings, I think they give more depth to drawings. Take KMDP's Drawings for example along the base of the drawing there are small lines along the base I think something like that gives drawings more depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
hey guys, it's reggie here. are you ready to kick ass and take names with this purple lunchbox that has 4 controller ports

D

Deleted member

-When you both have one stock left and you are Chrom and you are over 100%, but your opponent is at 0% and you are ready to do your zero to death:
cele.PNG

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So it's not to give the drawing more depth or anything? I assumed that was the case cause Drawings like that are way better than mine which use complete lines and all, I should try that out sometime.

Also this may just be me but Your drawings are way better than mine from what I can tell. You should have more confidence in yourself!

I mean like around the drawing the short lines that surround drawings, I think they give more depth to drawings. Take KMDP's Drawings for example along the base of the drawing there are small lines along the base I think something like that gives drawings more depth.
Not necessarily to give depth- but I mean if it works it works I guess

I’ve actually been trying to learn how to do depth mostly cause I end up making everything look flat- I know things like shading and color help but I also want to get things like foreshortening, perspective, angles, etc right

As it stands I can only really be happy with drawings of inanimate things. People and animals are hard for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom