• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I know I’m a bit late but my Reggie is the clear winner

Is he ceased by wistful thoughts of days long past?

Did he forget his lines during the big presentation?

Has someone asked him about the whereabouts of Mother 3, prompting his cold glare?

Is he vaguely annoyed by my needlessly verbose forum posting?

He’s so versatile, truly the finest Reggie avatar.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So it's not to give the drawing more depth or anything? I assumed that was the case cause Drawings like that are way better than mine which use complete lines and all, I should try that out sometime.

Also this may just be me but Your drawings are way better than mine from what I can tell. You should have more confidence in yourself!

I mean like around the drawing the short lines that surround drawings, I think they give more depth to drawings. Take KMDP's Drawings for example along the base of the drawing there are small lines along the base I think something like that gives drawings more depth.
You can repeat lines to give extra depth to an image, and therefore make what you're drawing clearer, especailly if you're art hand is a delicate one (people can vary with how hard they push on the paper with their pencil).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Has someone asked him about the whereabouts of Mother 3, prompting his cold glare?

That avatar is also the one I would have had were I not premium.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm starting to wonder if I might be fatigued/burnt out with the game? I haven't been at all happy with how I've played lately. Particularly with Lucina, it feels like I've been getting worse with her. I don't know why exactly, just feels like something hasn't been clicking with me recently.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm starting to wonder if I might be fatigued with the game? I haven't been at all happy with how I've played lately. Particularly with Lucina, it feels like I've been getting worse with her. I don't know why exactly, just feels like something hasn't been clicking with me recently.
I haven’t played for more than a month for the same reason. Will come back when Joker, Crono, Banjo, Sakurai, and Goku get released in fighter pass 1

D

Deleted member

I feel like I have been shifting through a lot of characters.
I went from being best with King K. Rool to Incineroar, my snake was solid, I went through Ike, and now I am a Roy type.
I still do not have a genuine main, but Ike, Roy and Gandondorf are my closest bets.
I'm starting to wonder if I might be fatigued with the game? I haven't been at all happy with how I've played lately. Particularly with Lucina, it feels like I've been getting worse with her. I don't know why exactly, just feels like something hasn't been clicking with me recently.
Also, you are probably going through that mini-phase where after not playing Smash for a bit, you feel weak. It happens to me. When I have busy weekdays, my playstyle tends to get less better. Just train more, learn new techniques that are useful if you have not, and you will be killing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Not necessarily to give depth- but I mean if it works it works I guess

I’ve actually been trying to learn how to do depth mostly cause I end up making everything look flat- I know things like shading and color help but I also want to get things like foreshortening, perspective, angles, etc right

As it stands I can only really be happy with drawings of inanimate things. People and animals are hard for me lol
I'm new to drawing as I only started last year so I don't really know many skills and techniques. I find that the short-line style that you do is way more appealing than my artstyle so I may or may not work that into my drawings I really don't know yet.

I find it more appealing either way and I should practice Shading too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not necessarily to give depth- but I mean if it works it works I guess

I’ve actually been trying to learn how to do depth mostly cause I end up making everything look flat- I know things like shading and color help but I also want to get things like foreshortening, perspective, angles, etc right

As it stands I can only really be happy with drawings of inanimate things. People and animals are hard for me lol
Some of the stuff I've drawn digitally has looked super weird until I added shading to it (especially in the nose area).

There's actually a name for this, the Kuleshov Effect.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm new to drawing as I only started last year so I don't really know many skills and techniques. I find that the short-line style that you do is way more appealing than my artstyle so I may or may not work that into my drawings I really don't know yet.

I find it more appealing either way and I should practice Shading too.
I recommend experimenting

Not that I’m really skilled myself yet, but I’ve always been one to be better at theory than practice

*glares at Smash Bros and fire emblem*

D

Deleted member

You can repeat lines to give extra depth to an image, and therefore make what you're drawing clearer, especailly if you're art hand is a delicate one (people can vary with how hard they push on the paper with their pencil).
I need to practice that too I don't give any thought to how hard I push down a pencil and stuff like that even though I probably should.
I recommend experimenting

Not that I’m really skilled myself yet, but I’ve always been one to be better at theory than practice

*glares at Smash Bros and fire emblem*
I should experiment with a lot of stuff like how hard I push down a pencil as I mentioned in this very post, Shading, Line styles, Etc.

D

Deleted member

Is it me, or Chrom just does not click as much as he used to in Ultimate?
When I first played Chrom before the first big patch, I was killing it with him. He is still fun, but he just does not feel the same anymore.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to wonder if I might be fatigued/burnt out with the game? I haven't been at all happy with how I've played lately. Particularly with Lucina, it feels like I've been getting worse with her. I don't know why exactly, just feels like something hasn't been clicking with me recently.
Yeah I'm definitely fatigued with the game which is why I'm not playing as much as I used to.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have to use reference more often- and also try to draw less anime for a bit :p
Like I've said to both Andrea and Mythra in PMs, there's nothing wrong with using references to help get details or posing right (as long as you aren't actively tracing in a professional context).

Memory is an unreliable thing.
I need to practice that too I don't give any thought to how hard I push down a pencil and stuff like that even though I probably should.

I should experiment with a lot of stuff like how hard I push down a pencil as I mentioned in this very post, Shading, Line styles, Etc.
Give me about 10-20 minutes and I'll show you something.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we don't get anything this week then not only did Best Buy mess up because they showed Joker early, but also because they put him and the Fighters' Pass in an ad for this week; "March 31st - April 6th."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For me I think it’s cause I just don’t like fighting games so that’s why I lost interest immediately.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
well when you play it everday, its bound to get stale

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I feel like I have been shifting through a lot of characters.
I went from being best with King K. Rool to Incineroar, my snake was solid, I went through Ike, and now I am a Roy type.
I still do not have a genuine main, but Ike, Roy and Gandondorf are my closest bets.

Also, you are probably going through that mini-phase where after not playing Smash for a bit, you feel weak. It happens to me. When I have busy weekdays, my playstyle tends to get less better. Just train more, learn new techniques that are useful if you have not, and you will be killing it!
Eh... don't stress yourself too much over it. There are gonna be days where it feels you don't click w/ your mains.

I haven't doing too great w/ Ridley over the past few days and it seems like I'm performing better w/ other characters (Wolf, Chrom, Jr, Pichu etc).

If it becomes a longstanding problem then you should consider switching mains, but a couple of days off your game isn't out of the ordinary.

D

Deleted member

Oh, that Erdrick essay.
I have not been doing it in the past few hours.

D

Deleted member

So who here watches and loves Mob Psycho 100?

This ED kicks so much ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom