• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is that actually explained in the game itself? I don’t remember this game that well outside of what I saw on Windii’s channel.
Yes. He literally has all his powers from Black Doom and can barely hurt him because of the same bloodline. He has to use alternate methods besides his physical prowess due to their bloodlines.

Doesn’t sound too different from the Sonic games where simply touching a stationary badnik can hurt Sonic despite tanking falls from 20-60,000 feet or atmospheric re-entry in cutscenes like it’s just a minor inconvenience, or how getting slapped by Knuckles (his Fire Dunk from Heroes) hard enough to ignite into a fireball which also causes the ground to violently shake from impact, producing shockwaves might as well just be a minor tap on the shoulder because he eats those too, yet somehow he can handle brushing up against an Egg Pawn or Moto Bug.
That wasn't what I was saying. He doesn't have tools for certain situations. The Gatling Gun and Orbital Laser are two weapons that he has no way to replicate with his own powers. And the Gatling Gun has situations that call for it that he has no other proper answers to. Keep in mind that one weapon is perfect for him so he can preserve his power instead of wasting it on a over 20 chaos controls when a few trigger presses yields a more efficient result. I wasn't talking about gameplay silliness, I was talking about what is logical for him to do in that situation.

Though I admit the situation isn't that likely, just that's a justified one. In addition. he wouldn't stop using a weapon just because. If the situation calls for it, of course he would. He doesn't have that kind of standard as is. He knows that getting the job done is most important. He's even working for G.U.N., too. If he wants one, he'll get one. If he needs body armor, he'll get body armor. If he needs a vehicle, he'll get a vehicle. Whatever gets the mission done within the parameters of his job. He still uses guns by proxy in 06 too via the vehicles, another canon game. There are simply situations where the guns makes sense to use, which is my whole point. Now, I don't think they are going to create those situations in the games, but they can easily just put in one or two weapons without it being weird(as he's a military agent and all) and still not devalue his character. He's very intelligent, after all.

I remember how you said getting shot with a bullet in gameplay causes him to fly back, I just remembered that walking into a human yielded the same result.
That's not what I said, though? I said for some dumb reason his physical attacks affect humans and Black Arms the same. The giant monsters too, though at least their armor makes sense. There's also a possibility he's weaker in the game than normal(not against the Black Arms, who have equal strength to his own) due to him not having his memory, and lacking his pure mastery of the Chaos Powers. But that's hard to really swallow as no character could high damage giants within the series, no matter their strength. This stays even in 06, as giant enemies can still shrug off Shadow's physical blows. Basically, there's an implication he cannot physically damage giant characters easily despite his immense strength.

Chaos Running? What’s that?
In 06, during his ending, he literally puts Chaos Energy around himself and rushes through enemies. This may be a variant of Chaos Control, but this is a better term for it. It's like his surrounding himself in an ball and rolling into enemies like they're pins.

Nope, he shoots multiple at a time.

View attachment 189102
That's a boss-only move that never appears as his proper abilities in gameplay. He actually never show more than one in the proper canon when he shows off his attacks. He also does one at a time. That's also a weaker version of the real Chaos Spear, which is Super Mode only. It's not high-damaging nor has the power of his real one. You can't ever do that while playing as him. Sonic also has the same move, yet can't use it in any canon setting either. He can create wind particles for use in other games, but he has no official usage of Sonic Wind. Boss only moves really don't show off what they're supposed to do in proper canon. It's about as notable as the idea he can't damage a human physically anymore than he can damage a giant space alien. It doesn't make sense and is a gameplay oddity that's best to ignore.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, I can think of at least two other songs from Fates that should’ve made the cut.
You forgot my favorite one in the whole game.

Honestly I'd take the FE Warriors version too.

D

Deleted member

I just put in a distinguished user application because I was bored wonder what will happen?? And also 30 minutes between posts that is unheard of

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Peoples reactions when people complain that mickeys voice is wrong and "why didnt the old VA come back" and you have to tell then the Old VA died years ago
Yeah..in fact, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was one of his very last roles. Fun fact, he was also married to Russi Taylor, the then and current voice of Minnie Mouse.

Honestly though, Bret Iwan does a good enough job that I find it difficult to tell the difference.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just put in a distinguished user application because I was bored wonder what will happen?? And also 30 minutes between posts that is unheard of
The hell is a distinguished user application.

Pakky

Smash Hero

So I made her a bit more in line with the orginal model. all the main pieces are in place now just time to add details and extra effects.

- I want to give her a tiny jacket.

- Might make the head bigger though moving everything is going to suck.

- Thinking about giving her Expresso as a mount since she uses feathers in her crossbow but w'ell see.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They're the ones with the dark purple profiles. Basically they are users who have contributed much to Smash and it's community, such as making mods, being content creators and competitive players...
Huh. I always kinda wondered what the purple names meant, but assumed it was, like, a soft-moderator. Or something.

That seems like something people could fight over. I assume they're probably very picky with it to avoid envy becoming a problem.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Huh. I always kinda wondered what the purple names meant, but assumed it was, like, a soft-moderator. Or something.

That seems like something people could fight over. I assume they're probably very picky with it to avoid envy becoming a problem.
I'm also certain there's several threads only available to them, much like how I get access to Premium and Rankings Team threads...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

So I made her a bit more in line with the orginal model. all the main pieces are in place now just time to add details and extra effects.

- I want to give her a tiny jacket.

- Might make the head bigger though moving everything is going to suck.

- Thinking about giving her Expresso as a mount since she uses feathers in her crossbow but w'ell see.
Looking a lot better, though I do think she still got a bit too much of that Shakira hip going.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
welp, there goes my prediction for piranha plant being released on the 1st alongside the update

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really hope pplant comes along. But it's true february was the month talked about a lot.
let's really see what the patch is all about..

cyas tomorow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom