• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Isn’t the Books of Kings the part where Israel appoints a king, said king decides not to worship Yahweh, Yahweh brings a reign of terror, people beg for forgiveness, rinse and repeat?
David and Solomon both repent for their sins and still worship YHWH, but after that it descends into idolatry and whatnot that makes a solid chunk of the 13 prophets mandatory in the story to warn the others that "hey, you're gonna get ****ed", and then after they get ****ed, exiled, and then freed by based Cyrus, more come in and say "hey, you're gonna get ****ed... unless you do this thing that you tried doing and failing for the past 2500 years".

all because david had a booty call
Isn’t this one of the three things Linus warned us never to discuss with people?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Isn’t the Books of Kings the part where Israel appoints a king, said king decides not to worship Yahweh, Yahweh brings a reign of terror, people beg for forgiveness, rinse and repeat?
David and Solomon both repent for their sins and still worship YHWH, but after that it descends into idolatry and whatnot that makes a solid chunk of the 13 prophets mandatory in the story to warn the others that "hey, you're gonna get ****ed", and then after they get ****ed, exiled, and then freed by based Cyrus, more come in and say "hey, you're gonna get ****ed... unless you do this thing that you tried doing and failing for the past 2500 years".

all because david had a booty call
If i recall, God never wanted the land of Israel to be ruled by a king in the first place.
Creator of the universe and original Minarchist. IF the book of Kings is not enough proof of the folly of monarchy, then i don't know what is. Well maybe Common Sense by Thomas Paine.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn’t this one of the three things Linus warned us never to discuss with people?
The 2nd Pope Linus or some random guy named Linus?

If i recall, God never wanted the land of Israel to be ruled by a king in the first place.
It was the only step forward after that disaster of the Judges arc.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Alright, so I took account of all icons that we have, and here's what we have currently with the newest 7.0.0. "update".

Super Mario Icons: 36 (6 power-ups, 6 regular renders, 6 Mario Odyssey renders, 6 Mario 3D World-esque renders, 6 Captain Toad renders and 6 NSMBU renders)
The Legend of Zelda Icons: 18 (2 regular logos, 1 regular Link render, 9 Breath of the Wild renders, 3 Twilight Princess renders, 3 Wind Waker renders)
Animal Crossing Icons: 12 (all 12 seem to be from the same render source)
Splatoon Icons: 15 (6 Splatoon 2 renders, 9 Splatoon 1 renders)
Kirby Icons: 9 (4 regular renders of the main crew, 1 Return to Dreamland render, 4 Star Allies icons)
ARMS Icons: 15 (all the same renders from the game, all the crew)
Star Fox, Metroid and Pikmin Icons: 3 (Red, Blue and Yellow Pikmin are the 3 Pikmin icons, Samus, Zero Suit Samus and the regular Metroid symbol are the Metroid icons, and Fox, the Arwing and the Star Fox logo are the Star Fox icons)

To be honest, that's quite meager, in terms of not only just franchises that are included, but what is also included in these franchises, too. Here's a list I could make to expand upon what we currently have.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 icons. How do we still not have this after a ****ing year, when it's the Switch best selling JRPG for them? Not to mention they pushed this and Torna to hell and high water, so how's this possible?
  • On topic of JRPGs, where's Octopath Traveler icons? That also was successful, sold over a million. How?
  • Mario + Rabbids icons nowhere to be seen is still pretty shocking.
  • On Mario, we still are missing quite a few major characters, like Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., etc. Wario maybe???
  • Can a man at least get some ****ing EarthBound / Mother icons, since y'all ain't gonna ever re-release the games even after the Wii U?
  • How are there NO Pokemon icons? No, seriously, there are literally none.
  • Bayonetta icons would be another good idea, especially when they're pushed too, with that whole spotlight at The Game Awards 2017.
  • Expand more on the Star Allies icons, use the remade designs of old, classic Kirby characters like Adeleine, Rick, etc.
  • You got Fox McCloud, so how's about the rest of the crew?
  • No Bethesda icons? Seems pretty shocking how Doom, Wolfenstein, Skyrim don't have any icons, when they were highlighted as some top-notch AAA ports and regarded as still fun, especially great in portable.
  • Any third party characters that were icons, such as Sonic, Bomberman, and so forth - they'd seem like another easy shoo-in.
  • You have Callie & Marie, so why not Marina & Pearl?
  • Oh hey, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is supposedly Spring 2019, but even then, we already had another Fire Emblem game come out in 2017, so uh... Where's the Fire Emblem icons? No Marth, even?
  • Monster Hunter has never been more popular than it is right now. So even with the release of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, not a single Monster Hunter icon?
  • Uh... No Donkey Kong icons? I mean, like, genuine icons from that franchise. ****ing Tropical Freeze is one of the best selling Switch games, and it was a Wii U port that was $10 more than the original release, for Christ's sake.
  • With all the Mega Man collections and Mega Man 11, it's weird that there isn't one. Especially with all the legacy on Nintendo consoles.

I dunno, when we're already on the seventh update and almost reaching the third year of the Switch, I don't think it's THAT hard to get a literal JPEG. They got over 1300 of those for Smash Ultimate, after all.

Oh, and Smash icons, I guess.
Hopefully the rumor of a 30th anniversary Earthbound collection is true so I could have a Lucas/Kumatora/Masked Man icon.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully the rumor of a 30th anniversary Earthbound collection is true so I could have a Lucas/Kumatora/Masked Man icon.
Your first mistake was thinking Nintendo would ever touch EarthBound again.

Which makes them tonight's big loser.

EMyksYMdvVUJKDcBYJAZrxoLU-8baFvYLJIYSvcmdQM.jpg

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nomura: "We are sorry to announce this but Kingdom Hearts 3 will be Cancelled forever. Thank you for your understanding and thank you for Your money." That would piss off so many People that there would be riots in the Streets.
Pretty sure what you just described is robbery! You just described a crime there. A felony even.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Pretty sure what you just described is robbery! You just described a crime there. A felony even.
Officer Snagglepuss on the case.

sorry had to.

Edit: What is everyone gonna just stand there and make me feel ancient? Say something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, so I took account of all icons that we have, and here's what we have currently with the newest 7.0.0. "update".

Super Mario Icons: 36 (6 power-ups, 6 regular renders, 6 Mario Odyssey renders, 6 Mario 3D World-esque renders, 6 Captain Toad renders and 6 NSMBU renders)
The Legend of Zelda Icons: 18 (2 regular logos, 1 regular Link render, 9 Breath of the Wild renders, 3 Twilight Princess renders, 3 Wind Waker renders)
Animal Crossing Icons: 12 (all 12 seem to be from the same render source)
Splatoon Icons: 15 (6 Splatoon 2 renders, 9 Splatoon 1 renders)
Kirby Icons: 9 (4 regular renders of the main crew, 1 Return to Dreamland render, 4 Star Allies icons)
ARMS Icons: 15 (all the same renders from the game, all the crew)
Star Fox, Metroid and Pikmin Icons: 3 (Red, Blue and Yellow Pikmin are the 3 Pikmin icons, Samus, Zero Suit Samus and the regular Metroid symbol are the Metroid icons, and Fox, the Arwing and the Star Fox logo are the Star Fox icons)

To be honest, that's quite meager, in terms of not only just franchises that are included, but what is also included in these franchises, too. Here's a list I could make to expand upon what we currently have.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 icons. How do we still not have this after a ****ing year, when it's the Switch best selling JRPG for them? Not to mention they pushed this and Torna to hell and high water, so how's this possible?
  • On topic of JRPGs, where's Octopath Traveler icons? That also was successful, sold over a million. How?
  • Mario + Rabbids icons nowhere to be seen is still pretty shocking.
  • On Mario, we still are missing quite a few major characters, like Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., etc. Wario maybe???
  • Can a man at least get some ****ing EarthBound / Mother icons, since y'all ain't gonna ever re-release the games even after the Wii U?
  • How are there NO Pokemon icons? No, seriously, there are literally none.
  • Bayonetta icons would be another good idea, especially when they're pushed too, with that whole spotlight at The Game Awards 2017.
  • Expand more on the Star Allies icons, use the remade designs of old, classic Kirby characters like Adeleine, Rick, etc.
  • You got Fox McCloud, so how's about the rest of the crew?
  • No Bethesda icons? Seems pretty shocking how Doom, Wolfenstein, Skyrim don't have any icons, when they were highlighted as some top-notch AAA ports and regarded as still fun, especially great in portable.
  • Any third party characters that were icons, such as Sonic, Bomberman, and so forth - they'd seem like another easy shoo-in.
  • You have Callie & Marie, so why not Marina & Pearl?
  • Oh hey, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is supposedly Spring 2019, but even then, we already had another Fire Emblem game come out in 2017, so uh... Where's the Fire Emblem icons? No Marth, even?
  • Monster Hunter has never been more popular than it is right now. So even with the release of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, not a single Monster Hunter icon?
  • Uh... No Donkey Kong icons? I mean, like, genuine icons from that franchise. ****ing Tropical Freeze is one of the best selling Switch games, and it was a Wii U port that was $10 more than the original release, for Christ's sake.
  • With all the Mega Man collections and Mega Man 11, it's weird that there isn't one. Especially with all the legacy on Nintendo consoles.

I dunno, when we're already on the seventh update and almost reaching the third year of the Switch, I don't think it's THAT hard to get a literal JPEG. They got over 1300 of those for Smash Ultimate, after all.

Oh, and Smash icons, I guess.
I could see some Xenoblade 2 icons getting in. The IP is fully owned by Nintendo, so there shouldn't be issues. Things like Octopath Traveler, Sonic, Bayonetta, Rabbids, etc. are more complicated. Square Enix and Sega can be very iffy about their properties, but I think out of the three, Ubisoft would be willing the most to lend their IP for icons given the collaborations they've done with Nintendo. As much as I'd like to see Bayonetta icons, I don't think they'll happen. Not until Bayonetta 3 finally comes out during the return of Christ. The Pokémon Company is also over-protective of the Pokémon IP, so it'd be a pain in the back to deal with them about it. You'd be better off with having icons from IP Nintendo completely owns themselves. Smash artwork icons would be a copyright drama fest and I don't think it'd be worth it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
He used a gun to begin with because he couldn't do lethal damage to the Black Arms due to them having the same powers.
Is that actually explained in the game itself? I don’t remember this game that well outside of what I saw on Windii’s channel.
The only gameplay oddity is somehow he can barely damage humans without a gun too, which is an error in design. It didn't fit the narrative.
Doesn’t sound too different from the Sonic games where simply touching a stationary badnik can hurt Sonic despite tanking falls from 20-60,000 feet or atmospheric re-entry in cutscenes like it’s just a minor inconvenience, or how getting slapped by Knuckles (his Fire Dunk from Heroes) hard enough to ignite into a fireball which also causes the ground to violently shake from impact, producing shockwaves might as well just be a minor tap on the shoulder because he eats those too, yet somehow he can handle brushing up against an Egg Pawn or Moto Bug.

I remember how you said getting shot with a bullet in gameplay causes him to fly back, I just remembered that walking into a human yielded the same result.
Most of his weapons are redundant, except that one and the Orbital Laser. He surprisingly doesn't have a lot of overlap abilities with the weapons. Though I don't think the vehicles are worth it.
Now that I think about it Shadow using guns kinda reminds me of Android 17:

Both shoot energy yet also use guns.

A gatling gun is more effective in a crowd due to its speed than his Chaos Running.
Chaos Running? What’s that?

He can only do one Chaos Spear at a time as is. There is definitely a use for it.
Nope, he shoots multiple at a time.

9BDEEDA2-E9DB-47FC-B999-57DADBA3B66B.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have a question. I never played Fates, but why is FE Fates hated so much?
Is it too much Camilla / Corrin?
I've answered this question a few times, so I searched the old thread to find one. Here ya go:

From a story perspective, it's bad. Its themes are all over the place, its characters are fanfiction-y and it gets worse with three full playthroughs to experience the whole thing. Corrin is the worst Mary Sue and the supporting cast is very trope-y and derivative since they have to fill two games with 'em.

From a gameplay perspective, Conquest is actually quite good. And the music in general is fantastic.

From an aesthetic perspective, anyone who doesn't like the "anime-ing" of Fire Emblem hates it because it is the most anime of Fire Emblems. And it puts an even larger emphasis on shipping and pseudo-romance-novel gameplay that it starts to feel like an entirely different game from the rest of the series.

And they tried to force in the kids angle introduced in Awakening, but unlike Awakening, their inclusion makes no ****ing sense and the decision to make none of the royal siblings Corrin's actual siblings for the sake of being allowed to bone them undermines the whole point of the goddamn story.

It's not the worst game you'll ever play by any means. But there are plenty of reasons why it's generally regarded as the worst FE game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My friend asked what I thought was the most iconic video game music track I said it was this https://youtu.be/LMHZ3jfSqfc 6 seconds of music he said the original Mario overworld theme who do yall think is right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom