• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I thought it was common knowledge that Nintendo picked the fighters in the fighters pass. Sakurai said that on twitter before the first character was revealed.

And I'm not saying he should just rip from another game, but when Sakurai says that he's impossible to implement in a Smash type game, I feel the need to point him to the Smash type game that did. Sure, he's not going to just rip and copy. But it would behoove him to look at other games that do similar things to his own project to see how they work with characters he finds difficult. There could be things in there that he never would have thought of on his own that make the design process easier.
>Using the "Nintendo chose the fighters" tweet to argue that DLC characters are shill picks.

TatsuyaEPSad.png

TatsuyaEPSad2.png

Here's how it (likely) went:
  • Nintendo (and maybe Sakurai) do negotiations for characters
  • Nintendo comes up with a list of characters
  • Nintendo presents list to Sakurai
  • Sakurai chooses from said list of characters
I'm sure each inclusion had reasons for inclusion from Nintendo (i.e. appeals to x demographic, could further relationships with x company, was popular in Ballot, etc.) but the important thing is Nintendo didn't force Sakurai to choose any characters.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So what makes Sakurai leaps and bound better than this whiner is that:
1) Sakurai understands actual business practices
2) Sakurai made it a point to bring back literally everyone from previous Smash games. Meaning theoretically, he strives not to replace anybody but to only add more. The amount of work it would take for this man's dream roster now would be impossible without years of balancing, coding, modeling, stage building, item add-ons, etc. He's pretty much just ranting.
...talk about underappreciating the hard work that goes into these characters. I can understand a few clones getting the axe and even a unique character or two, but why all the hate on third parties? They're hype as hell.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Time to contribute some madness:

Which roster would y'all prefer-- Ultimate's roster or the "Chihuahua roster": https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77071304

Strawpoll here: https://www.strawpoll.me/17716462/r

For reference, this is a super infamous gamefaqs user who wants Sakurai fired and thinks they'd do a better job.
>Immediately the first character he suggests is Ashley, saying she "MUST be in the game, no question"
Welp, I guess that explains why he sounds like such a ****.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I definitely feel Ryu Hayabusa fits as a final big hype reveal. No one would expect him for one and he would at the same time retain lot of hype for those which is why I feel he fits perfectly as the last to show. Hence my prediction I posted earlier.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wayforward stop ****ing with me.
Thanks WayForward! Very cool!

I remember when we were ****ting ourselves over this during Emblemboards.

D

Deleted member

...talk about underappreciating the hard work that goes into these characters. I can understand a few clones getting the axe and even a unique character or two, but why all the hate on third parties? They're hype as hell.
Yeah. It goes into my point 1 where it's a business miracle for third parties to get in. Not only that, but they also bring in new crowds to Smash Bros, so not only are they hype, but a smart move for marketing.

D

Deleted member

>Using the "Nintendo chose the fighters" tweet to argue that DLC characters are shill picks.

View attachment 203153
View attachment 203155

• I'm sure each inclusion had reasons for inclusion listed by Nintendo (i.e. appeals to x demographic, could further relationships with x company, was popular in Ballot, etc.) but the important thing is Nintendo didn't force Sakurai to choose any characters.
I see it as pointless to argue the semantics of who picked DLC. We have literally nothing to go off of other than Sakurai's one, fairly, vague tweet. Everything else is just guesswork based on things like "oh well sakurai said he likes persona so maybe he had a bigger hand than we think", so to say anything is likely in regards to who picked the dlc strikes me as odd.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
You gotta problem with Ashley?
YEAH I GOT A PROBLEM WITH ASHLEY
MONA IS WAY BETTER SHE SHOULD BE IN INSTEAD
SADJ:FDAIJIJAHG

No but seriously, I don't have a problem with Ashley, it's just that a lot of fans of her seem to be assholes. It's not all of them, but it's just a pattern I've noticed.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'm not saying that means they're all shill picks. You made that up. You also made up all of this
    • I'm sure each inclusion had reasons for inclusion listed by Nintendo (i.e. appeals to x demographic, could further relationships with x company, was popular in Ballot, etc.) but the important thing is Nintendo didn't force Sakurai to choose any characters.
For all you know that's exactly how it went and he got lucky that Joker was one of them. Maybe what you said is what happened. Maybe it isn't. But. We. Don't. Know. We don't know anything about how the characters were picked or the priorities of the pickers. All we know is that Nintendo picked the characters. That could mean literally anything.

Also, stop doing this
Using pictures and memes just makes people angry and less likely to listen to your arguments.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The April Fools joke will just be the admins bringing back the site's sadly short-lived Pokken section.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mythra is going to unleash the lewd?
tumblr_inline_mxo1zbo80S1spmsxh.gif

Eh, we see what we got I guess. :p

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just you watch guys. Tomorrow it'll be my boi's finest hour.

:ultkrool:

They don't call him the great king ever you know.

FinestHourBoards.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
The April fools event is that the admins will turn the site into a Hunger Games site. If you are killed, you are banned and we all are forced to fight each other. At the end, only the admins and their servants, the mods, will roam this website. Trust me, I have sources.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Mythra Mythra

I've never asked you for a lewd, nor am I doing this for the normal reason someone would ask for a lewd
But you better deliver tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom