• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And I may as well finish off that line of logic: if Namco picks, it'll be Yuri. Vesperia has been the most popular game in the series since it launched and in no small part due to Yuri, who's so popular that he got banned from official popularity polls because he kept getting #1.

Lloyd of Yuri would be like Terra over Cloud.
that said, lloyd was the one to get a mii costume

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well now, I just unlocked the last pause menu item
hell yeah

what

wh

what
go to the argentum trade guild docks and talk to one of the nopon, he'll make thinly-veiled smash bros references and give you a mythra accessory that gives her the censored smash spirit appearance

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On the topic of notable birthdays...

Any August 5th peeps in the house? There's isn't many famous people with that birthday.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

What about Sakurai saying that he thought about including Heihachi in Sm4sh, but couldn't due to Tekken's movement system being difficult to transitions to Smash? Or the fact that your argument is obviously skewed towards the Western market, whereas most characters are included based on popularity in the Eastern market?

I would say that if given the chance, Bandai Namco would push Tales of over Tekken, as it has a much larger fanbase in Japan and a pretty sizable one here.
We're talking about Namco reps now?

*Insert obligatory "I think a lot of people are sleeping on KOS-MOS statement" here*

But terms of just Tales and Tekken, I agree that Tales has a much better shot overall, mainly due to Sakurai's statement on Heihachi in Smash 4.

For the Lloyd vs Yuri argument, Yuri is the most popular character in the series, however Lloyd is the one that has actually been in a Smash game in some form, so I can't tell which one would win.

Velvet could also be an option, although I think she's significantly less likely than Lloyd or Yuri.

D

Deleted member

April Direct incoming? The teases just keep coming, it seems.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

ngl this doesn't even read like a teaser, just an honest fact

there's gonna be so many @NIntendoOfAmerica or @Nintendo0fAmerica accounts tomorrow it'll be a ****ing nightmare

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
ngl this doesn't even read like a teaser, just an honest fact

there's gonna be so many @NIntendoOfAmerica or @Nintendo0fAmerica accounts tomorrow it'll be a ****ing nightmare
don't forget people sharing direct announcement tweets which turn out to be several years old :^)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Ahh yes, all the unfunny Fake Direct memes...

Kill me now. :skull:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nintendo’s gonna announce Bubsy for smash tomorrow and none of us will believe it, but when we realize they’re not joking all hell will break loose.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I only played Tales of Symphonia, I see Lloyd as the tales pick. Sakurai at one point has also stated that when he looked for Tales content in the Mii costumes (at least I believe, but I'm also lazy and don't feel like looking for the source of it) that he said something along the lines of, "What other choice do I have from Lloyd?"

In regard to the "leaks are going to happen if you wait too long", some of you are giving me info that is understandable, but doesn't divert my point. It isn't necessarily Nintendo's fault (there's still no confirmation they're waiting for Atlus to reveal this "Jane", and at this point I expect that to be irrelevant with this Best Buy ad), and I realize the reveal at the VGAs was pretty much thrown together. I get all that, I've been on this site long enough to get that.

However, the fact remains that the longer stuff is revealed, and the longer the duration of the "hype" you run the risk of it getting leaked. With Joker, that's hardly happened. It's not like the Ryu and Roy leak. But, for all intents and purposes, if Nintendo wanted absolutely no risks of anything Joker related getting out for Smash (such as the render, for example) then they should have communicated that or at the very least scheduled stuff ahead of time.

Doesn't really matter in the end though. I'm just excited now that there's probably a Direct coming our way this week, as I can't imagine that render being there (and that Target employee if that's even remotely legit) are a coincidence. I especially don't think it's likely at this point that they're waiting until the Persona event later in April to actually show Smash stuff off.

If anything, I think they can leave it open ended in a Direct, say there's still more to show, and then Tweet out after the Persona event to "check out Joker and his alternate costumes" once it's officially handled by Atlus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom