• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera

I'm not sure I want any more Crash Remakes after CTR, except maybe a remake of the two GBA games, even if they were just N.Sane Trilogy DLC or something
I feel the same.
I would rather get completely new games instead. Vicarious Visions has proved to be capable of doing new stuff on their own, so I think that after Nitro Fueled we should finally get new ideas.

And sorry for answering so much late, I got hooked with Kingdom Hearts 2 and 1.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, with the hype of the Joker render getting leaked from Best Buy all I can say is that this is what happens if you wait too long.

Like, it could have been a worse leak. But you announce the character on Dec 6th, then hint at him in February, then say nothing until April. What do you think is going to happen in the modern age of gaming?

I do agree though that this probably hints at a Smash Direct this week. Hang on to your asses!

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Well, with the hype of the Joker render getting leaked from Best Buy all I can say is that this is what happens if you wait too long.

Like, it could have been a worse leak. But you announce the character on Dec 6th, then hint at him in February, then say nothing until April. What do you think is going to happen in the modern age of gaming?

I do agree though that this probably hints at a Smash Direct this week. Hang on to your *****!
Everything we have suggests that Joker's announcement was added to the VGA at the last minute after Prime 4 got delayed.

I personally think this doesn't signify much more than the fact his render will probably be made public; I'm too convinced that the Jane deal is cross-promotion with 5R.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My thing is: if BestBuy has the Render that means that it's readily available, so at the very least we'll get a site update by the end of this week. Probably a trailer as well.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Tbh, I still fluctuate between thinking I'm a girl and NB. Honestly think it might just be easier to tell gender to **** off sometimes but I digress, this discussion would get way too deep for this place to handle.
Just telling it to **** off is pretty much how I feel about it, really. Who ever asked to deal with this stuff? Just let people be free to be themselves.

Anyway, if you (or anyone else) want to talk about it any further, you can always talk to me about it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Everything we have suggests that Joker's announcement was added to the VGA at the last minute after Prime 4 got delayed.

I personally think this doesn't signify much more than the fact his render will probably be made public; I'm too convinced that the Jane deal is cross-promotion with 5R.
I'm entirely aware of the circumstances with that.

I still think you're asking to have things leaked with that much time between info drops.

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's a mighty fine render for an April Fools joke.

If this ends up bein' a smeckledorf in the end, then Best Buy has won my respect. It'd be top tier trolling.
The best part is that this would actually be in character.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
ngl the 'blame Nintendo for making us wait so long' sentiments give me flashbacks to comments about another incident (one which, unlike the Best Buy leak, was highly contested and turned out to be a massive ruse, though there were similar sentiments expressed back then)

Still, not that fussed that his render has leaked (it's hardly a big deal) while I would've been massively peeved if the rest of Ultimate's base roster had actually been leaked by some salty marketing man

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

I do agree though that this probably hints at a Smash Direct this week. Hang on to your *****!
tbh, this render is the only thing we've actually had leaked because they've taken a while, and even then it's nothing huge - we already know he's in, it's just nice to see what he looks like

all the datamining in between - jane, mementos, brave - is a consequence of the development team failing to clean their **** up between patches, not a consequence of them taking too long

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I feel the same.
I would rather get completely new games instead. Vicarious Visions has proved to be capable of doing new stuff on their own, so I think that after Nitro Fueled we should finally get new ideas.

And sorry for answering so much late, I got hooked with Kingdom Hearts 2 and 1.
I definitely want to see them take ELEMENTS from the post ND era though, Crunch, Nina, N-Trance, The Elementals, The Evil Twins. I had this idea that the after you beat a boss with an elemental mask you get the ability to grab elemental masks in the stages (they replace certain Aku Aku crates) which grant you environmental immunities and special moves.

D

Deleted member

Just telling it to **** off is pretty much how I feel about it, really. Who ever asked to deal with this stuff? Just let people be free to be themselves.

Anyway, if you (or anyone else) want to talk about it any further, you can always talk to me about it.
I'm just glad whoever invented gender is now dead.

Also, thanks for the offer, if I ever feel like it, I'll come to you buddy

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’ve made no secret my desire to Smash with The King of the Iron Fist. Honestly he’s in my top 10. I only think he’s likely if Bamco puts their foot down however. Like, Sakurai and the Smash community probably want a Tales Character more. But if you’re a casual gamer in the West, you know Bamco for one of two things. Pac-Man or Tekken.

Long story short, if Namco picks they’re probably going to choose Heihachi. If Sakurai chooses, it’s probably going to be Lloyd. And sense we KNOW Nintendo is choosing, it’s all a matter of who they side with.
1509995268238.jpg

What about Sakurai saying that he thought about including Heihachi in Sm4sh, but couldn't due to Tekken's movement system being difficult to transitions to Smash? Or the fact that your argument is obviously skewed towards the Western market, whereas most characters are included based on popularity in the Eastern market?

I would say that if given the chance, Bandai Namco would push Tales of over Tekken, as it has a much larger fanbase in Japan and a pretty sizable one here.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Leak:

When Shulk does his FS on Joker, Reyn will be heard saying, “Man, what a joker!”.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I definitely want to see them take ELEMENTS from the post ND era though, Crunch, Nina, N-Trance, The Elementals, The Evil Twins. I had this idea that the after you beat a boss with an elemental mask you get the ability to grab elemental masks in the stages (they replace certain Aku Aku crates) which grant you environmental immunities and special moves.
Yeah, sounds like a good idea for me.

Also, I need to free myself from a thought about the first Kingdom Hearts as someone who played it in the past already and got far into the Colluseum:
DESTINY
ISLANDS

I like every other world in the game, but Destiny Island is just annoying for me.

D

Deleted member

I'm entirely aware of the circumstances with that.

I still think you're asking to have things leaked with that much time between info drops.
TBH I don't think it's Nintendo that's causing this to take so long. If I had to guess, the biggest reason we're still waiting at this point is because of the Jane alt and Atlus wanting to be the ones to show her off at PSL. Joker's probably already ready to go with 3.0.0, but Atlus likes their teaser teasers so we gotta wait until the new girl and P5R get shown off properly.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

What about Sakurai saying that he thought about including Heihachi in Sm4sh, but couldn't due to Tekken's movement system being difficult to transitions to Smash? Or the fact that your argument is obviously skewed towards the Western market, whereas most characters are included based on popularity in the Eastern market?

I would say that if given the chance, Bandai Namco would push Tales of over Tekken, as it has a much larger fanbase in Japan and a pretty sizable one here.
No casual gamer over here knows a thing about Tales, if anything it's a matter of which market they decide to favor. Every choice so far has been a Sakurai decision. The only character we know for a fact that was chosen definitively by Nintendo, is Joker. We don't have enough data yet on where their priorities are. It's why predicting this DLC lineup has been maddeningly difficult. And Sakurai has made many decisions based on the western market, especially with Ultimate thanks to the Smash Ballot.

As for Sakurai's comment about Tekken's movement system, I suggest he play PlayStation All-Stars and get a feel for how they implemented Heihachi. Say what you want about that game and it's quality. But Heihachi was implemented very well in that title.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea for me.
I also would like for the amount of vehicle levels to be scaled back. I still haven't fully completed Crash Warped because **** the Plane/Jetski/Motorcycle.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
nah, nothing but like a minor spoiler

i was just saying thanks for giving me the option to not accept everything cause i feel like i'd just be too well off this early. Maybe I'll do it in chapter 5 or later in 4 :p
Ah, OK, cool.

Yeah, take your time with some of those blades you get, 'cuz they are really freakin' busted in some cases haha.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

*cries in Nightmare*
357DA3BC-E1FA-42D5-B6D7-E4E7E218077F.jpeg

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

And I may as well finish off that line of logic: if Namco picks, it'll be Yuri. Vesperia has been the most popular game in the series since it launched and in no small part due to Yuri, who's so popular that he got banned from official popularity polls because he kept getting #1.

Lloyd over Yuri would be like Terra over Cloud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom