• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So tomorrow I'm going to finally finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider (way overdue on that) and then I'm going to start another game. The candidates are:
  • Persona 5
  • Ace Combat 7
  • Bravely Default
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Though I already know how some of you will vote, I'm curious what the general consensus is.
Also probably already decided BUUUUUT if you haven’t Ace Combat is a great series play that.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here's a legit question to the mod/admin/whoever does April Fools round these parts...

What if we do get some sort of announcement tomorrow? How would it be fact checked to ensure that its not a red herring?

Is the source from 4chan?

We've had two Directs on April 1st thus far so it's best just keep an eye on Nintendo's official social media accounts (bookmark them if needed).

I'm sure users here will be posting jokes from fake accounts. I still see people on my Twitter timeline occasionally re-tweeting Direct announcements from previous years.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is the source from 4chan?

We've had two Directs on April 1st thus far so it's best just keep an eye on Nintendo's official social media accounts (bookmark them if needed).

I'm sure users here will be posting jokes from fake accounts. I still see people on my Twitter timeline occasionally re-tweeting Direct announcements from previous years.
Two April fools directs so far?

I know of the one in 2015, but when was the other?

D

Deleted member

I LITERALLY JUST WOKE UP TO FIND JOKER'S RENDER LEAKED.

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss. Today is a good day.

D

Deleted member

A friend of mine is ranting about how leakers should be jailed and **** and how me wanting Joker to leak is selfish. Sorry but they had no goddamn reason to literally show nothing but his *** back in February
I wouldn't mind seeing Joker's ass

D

Deleted member

If Best Buy already has access to that for marketing, then is it possible he's coming sooner than we thought? Gosh, IDK what to think now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Best Buy already has access to that for marketing, then is it possible he's coming sooner than we thought? Gosh, IDK what to think now.
it means an announcement or trailer is probably this week, but it doesn't mean his release is this week

the best buy ad is for the week of april 1 to april 7, but crucially still says five 'upcoming' fighters - meaning that by the time it's meant to be displayed, joker will still be upcoming, not released

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
it means an announcement or trailer is probably this week, but it doesn't mean his release is this week

the best buy ad is for the week of april 1 to april 7, but crucially still says five 'upcoming' fighters - meaning that by the time it's meant to be displayed, joker will still be upcoming, not released
Honestly it looks to plasticy to me. It looks like a pic of Joker’s amiibo more than anything.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that makes sense.

But still, if a Direct is coming to showcase him, how are they gonna show him without showing Jane? This leak has really thrown some of my speculation for a loop.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah, that makes sense.

But still, if a Direct is coming to showcase him, how are they gonna show him without showing Jane? This leak has really thrown some of my speculation for a loop.
if a direct is this week, i'm assuming it'll set a release date for april 25th. from there, jane will probably be a 'last surprise' announcement at the persona concert on the 24th - they announce her full role in the Royal, then cap it off by announcing she's playable in smash hours before launch.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
if a direct is this week, i'm assuming it'll set a release date for april 25th. from there, jane will probably be a 'last surprise' announcement at the persona concert on the 24th - they announce her full role in the Royal, then cap it off by announcing she's playable in smash hours before launch.
I’m still expecting us to see her model or something for a split second, probably from behind, and Sakurai says something like “What’s this? Tune into the Persona Concert on the 24th to find out!”

D

Deleted member

it could have been good without the whole "Bucky killed my parents" thing
I thought the whole Bucky situation easily made the movie better. Throughout TFA and TWS, Cap has basically been showing religous loyalty to Bucky, even going so far as to almost ****ing die to get Buck to recognize him at the end of TWS. In Civil War, that loyalty gets tested with Steve constantly not thinking about the consequences of what he does; at the end of every action scene, we almost always see another member of the Avengers get alienated in some way. This is all like a big test of his main philosophy, being "hero, friendship, loyalty" and all that. This all culminates in the end, when it's revealed that Steve kept the truth about Tony's parents from him, his whole philosophy essentially breaks down. Steve's biggest character flaw is being unable to consider how him trying to be the best friend to everyone there is (he wasn't hiding the truth out of malice; he was hiding it to "spare" Tony according to the ending speech) makes him inconsiderate of their wellbeing. That whole scene did a really good job of showcasing Steve's whole philosophy breaking down, which easily added to the whole "divided we fall" theme of the movie. I'd argue that entire ending segment was a brilliant way to showcase the collapse of the Avengers, and is also one of the MCU's best scenes.

(also yea tfa was military propaganda but it was fun military propaganda at least)

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I thought the whole Bucky situation easily made the movie better. Throughout TFA and TWS, Cap has basically been showing religous loyalty to Bucky, even going so far as to almost ****ing die to get Buck to recognize him at the end of TWS. In Civil War, that loyalty gets tested with Steve constantly not thinking about the consequences of what he does; at the end of every action scene, we almost always see another member of the Avengers get alienated in some way. This is all like a big test of his main philosophy, being "hero, friendship, loyalty" and all that. This all culminates in the end, when it's revealed that Steve kept the truth about Tony's parents from him, his whole philosophy essentially breaks down. Steve's biggest character flaw is being unable to consider how him trying to be the best friend to everyone there is (he wasn't hiding the truth out of malice; he was hiding it to "spare" Tony according to the ending speech) makes him inconsiderate of their wellbeing. That whole scene did a really good job of showcasing Steve's whole philosophy breaking down, which easily added to the whole "divided we fall" theme of the movie. I'd argue that entire ending segment was a brilliant way to showcase the collapse of the Avengers, and also one of the MCU's best scenes.

(also yea tfa was military propaganda but it was fun military propaganda at least)
And let’s not forget about their best black friends and how they were treated (one gets crippled and the other arrested...neither King)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’m still expecting us to see her model or something for a split second, probably from behind, and Sakurai says something like “What’s this? Tune into the Persona Concert on the 24th to find out!”
in true atlus fashion:

"you'll just have to wait to find out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom