• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

if a direct is this week, i'm assuming it'll set a release date for april 25th. from there, jane will probably be a 'last surprise' announcement at the persona concert on the 24th - they announce her full role in the Royal, then cap it off by announcing she's playable in smash hours before launch.
Hm, hm, yeah, I think you're on to something there.

Regardless, I'm still super excited over this. I don't care how long we have to wait in the month to get him, just show him already Nintendo, lol.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
wait hol' up

what's this about joker's render being leaked?
bestbuy showed it by accident

1554040299046.png

implication being we'll get a trailer of some kind this week, since this is a weekly ad meant to run from april 1 to april 7 and at some point during that week nintendo would be allowing them to use the render from a press kit

doesn't mean a release, though, since the ad still says he's 'upcoming'

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 203034

implication being we'll get a trailer of some kind this week, since this is a weekly ad meant to run from april 1 to april 7 and at some point during that week nintendo would be allowing them to use the render from a press kit

It looks juicy.

The detail on his clothes is just... Mmmm...

D

Deleted member

View attachment 203034

if we get a direct this week the se thread will implode

doesn't even matter which character it is it'll implode either way

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
who else still waiting for some 1st party DLC???? LOL

cries in Toad and Dixie Kong

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that makes sense.

But still, if a Direct is coming to showcase him, how are they gonna show him without showing Jane? This leak has really thrown some of my speculation for a loop.
Again, they didn’t show off something like K Rool’s armour gimmick and only showed two of his alts. It wou,d be easy for them to showcase Joker, tease some sort of surprise with his alts,and then when they show off Jane either Nintendo or atlas can say “oh and she’ll be in smash too”

D

Deleted member

if we get a direct this week the se thread will implode

doesn't even matter which character it is it'll implode either way
TBH a part of me wouldn't be surprised if it was just Joker and we have to wait for E3 for whoever's next.

The ad only lists Joker among the 5, so my guess is he's the only one getting news soon.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
TBH a part of me wouldn't be surprised if it was just Joker and we have to wait for E3 for whoever's next.

The ad only lists Joker among the 5, so my guess is he's the only one getting news soon.
i'd be surprised if we didn't at least get a shot of erdrick's left leg or something, but yeah, the absence of a render or anything here suggests he's not being revealed in full

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
At this point, we're just gonna bet which body part is next up to reveal, aren't we.

This gonna go bad real quick.
i'd be surprised if we didn't at least get a shot of erdrick's left leg or something, but yeah, the absence of a render or anything here suggests he's not being revealed in full
Y'all realize the next reveal is only gonna be an extreme close up right.

As in, so extreme the only thing to see is a very blurry color.

D

Deleted member

if erdrick doesn't get revealed that might actually kill brave being the se rep, or at least wound it

i mean a big part of the se rep thing was vergeben saying it'll be revealed first, only for joker to show up first, only for it to be found that brave also has plenty of work done so maybe it was supposed to be revealed first but there was a change in plans so it would be revealed afterwards but still be released at the same time

if that doesn't happen... hoo boy

granted some leakers like polar and tansut are still adamant on it so maybe this would just kill verge or something idk

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
who else still waiting for some 1st party DLC???? LOL

cries in Toad and Dixie Kong
At this point I'd even take Tom Nook... that Isabelle trailer raised some hopes just to crash them some seconds later.
EDIT: typo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 203034

So we did get something after PAX East anyways!

D

Deleted member

I thought the whole Bucky situation easily made the movie better. Throughout TFA and TWS, Cap has basically been showing religous loyalty to Bucky, even going so far as to almost ****ing die to get Buck to recognize him at the end of TWS. In Civil War, that loyalty gets tested with Steve constantly not thinking about the consequences of what he does; at the end of every action scene, we almost always see another member of the Avengers get alienated in some way. This is all like a big test of his main philosophy, being "hero, friendship, loyalty" and all that. This all culminates in the end, when it's revealed that Steve kept the truth about Tony's parents from him, his whole philosophy essentially breaks down. Steve's biggest character flaw is being unable to consider how him trying to be the best friend to everyone there is (he wasn't hiding the truth out of malice; he was hiding it to "spare" Tony according to the ending speech) makes him inconsiderate of their wellbeing. That whole scene did a really good job of showcasing Steve's whole philosophy breaking down, which easily added to the whole "divided we fall" theme of the movie. I'd argue that entire ending segment was a brilliant way to showcase the collapse of the Avengers, and is also one of the MCU's best scenes.

(also yea tfa was military propaganda but it was fun military propaganda at least)
My problem with that is that they paint Steve as being in the right. The whole thing paints Steve as being right.

D

Deleted member

if erdrick doesn't get revealed that might actually kill brave being the se rep, or at least wound it

i mean a big part of the se rep thing was vergeben saying it'll be revealed first, only for joker to show up first, only for it to be found that brave also has plenty of work done so maybe it was supposed to be revealed first but there was a change in plans so it would be revealed afterwards but still be released at the same time

if that doesn't happen... hoo boy

granted some leakers like polar and tansut are still adamant on it so maybe this would just kill verge or something idk
Tbf Tansut said in January that erdrick wasn’t far along in development, he could be the third character, btu yeah if they don’t reveal brave that hurts erdrick I think.

D

Deleted member

My problem with that is that they paint Steve as being in the right. The whole thing paints Steve as being right.
It kinda doesn't

Steve is portrayed as in the wrong for not telling Tony about his parents, he's partially in the wrong for tearing the Avengers apart, and, depending on your point of view, he's wrong for not signing the Accords. During the whole ending scene in Civil War, while Tony is probably slightly more in the wrong for the whole "attempting to murder an innocent man" deal, Steve and Bucky understand that this is a tragic situation brought on by Steve being an idiot and trying to control everything. Steve even admits guilt in the big ending speech, when he says "I know I hurt you Tony. I guess I thought – by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but… I can see now I was really sparing myself. I’m sorry."

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Hi there, this is Masahiro Sakurai, from Nintendo."

"I post this today to say that, me and my team have been working very hard on Joker. Especially after some of you have gone insane over some grinch movie or something, and leaked the whole game two week before the game came out, which made me really dissapointed in you all."

"After that whole mess, I was thinking of waiting a bit before showing you what we had in store, but now, I see that some fools at Best Buy have revealed Joker render without my authorization."

"So, while me and my team are going to finish Joker and release him, I intend to scrap all the work we done on Elma, Geno, Banjo & Steve from Minecraft, and instead, we are going to give you Deku Nuts From The Legend of Zelda as a brand new character for you to play in Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch, so that you peoples who keep asking me for Zelda newcomers can finally stop once and for all."

"Thank you for understanding, and remember"

"And stop asking me for Goku, he is already in the game."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here’s how I think the next Nintendo direct will work out if there is one
-joker gameplay and info+ver 3.0.0 showcasing
-3ds titles
-Switch titles
-animal crossing info
-switch titles
-Rare replay announcement in the end followed by banjos smash reveal

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

"I post this today to say that, me and my team have been working very hard on Joker. Especially after some of you have gone insane over some grinch movie or something, and leaked the whole game two week before the game came out, which made me really dissapointed in you all."

"After that whole mess, I was thinking of waiting a bit before showing you what we had in store, but now, I see that some fools at Best Buy have revealed Joker render without my authorization."

"So, while me and my team are going to finish Joker and release him, I intend to scrap all the work we done on Elma, Geno, Banjo & Steve from Minecraft, and instead, we are going to give you Deku Nuts From The Legend of Zelda as a brand new character for you to play for Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch, so that you peoples who keep asking me Zelda newcomers can finally stop once and for all."

>Sakurai doesn't put Steve from Minecraft in
>This is somehow a bad thing

D

Deleted member

"So, while me and my team are going to finish Joker and release him, I intend to scrap all the work we done on Elma, Geno, Banjo & Steve from Minecraft, and instead, we are going to give you Deku Nuts From The Legend of Zelda as a brand new character for you to play in Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch, so that you peoples who keep asking me for Zelda newcomers can finally stop once and for all."

I think Sakurai nutting over the smash series is a metaphor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Tbf I'd find Deku Nut more hype than Geno and Banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom